• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 Thread 2: [Extended To Jan 7th For Encore Deals]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arksy

I hate to say it but this Steam Sale sucks!

I've bought literally one game, as opposed to last year where I bought over fifteen.

Maybe it's because nothing interesting has been released over the last year that I don't already have.

Dizzy

Banned
So am I the only one who actually LOVED Fable 1 and hated 2/3?
I loved 1 too. I didn't hate 2 but it was certainly very disappointing.

3 was just straight up garbage. Played it once and cant ever touch it again. I played the others multiple times.

3 was just straight up garbage. Played it once and cant ever touch it again. I played the others multiple times.

I certainly enjoyed them in decreasing order but I still liked 3. It certainly wasn't what it was billed to be in terms of ambition, but it was an enjoyable enough adventure game, a genre that is sadly underrepresented.

nowai

I certainly enjoyed them in decreasing order but I still liked 3. It certainly wasn't what it was billed to be in terms of ambition, but it was an enjoyable enough adventure game, a genre that is sadly underrepresented.

What Molyneux game ever lives up to it's hype?

If anyone needs DOTA send me a pm. I have 4 passes. No need to pay for that.

I hate to say it but this Steam Sale sucks!

I've bought literally one game, as opposed to last year where I bought over fifteen.

Maybe it's because nothing interesting has been released over the last year that I don't already have.

I kind of feel the same way due to two reasons. Most of the games that interest me from years past I already have - we're talking all the creme of the crop. And second, my backlog is huge as I haven't even completed 25% of my steam games. The first reason I could overcome easily with newer games, but when combined with reason number two, I just can't justify dropping $30 for Skyrim or $37 for Far Cry 3 when I have 100+ games to finish. The situation is so bad I could stop buying games for the next couple of years, and I still wouldn't be done with all my backlog.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
So am I the only one who actually LOVED Fable 1 and hated 2/3?

I liked Fable 1 a lot, but 2/3 were pretty average. So you're not entirely alone.

Fable 1 was a fresh gameplay experience. The game felt like it had rich environments and lore at the time. But 2/3 seemed to devolve in key areas and add a bunch of sloppy grind (houses, user interface, and I think potions/magic got dumbed down) and the lore was repeated. Feels like how JRPGs kind of devolved since the mid/late 1990s while everything else got better. Then again Mass Effect and Dragon Age did the same thing, so maybe I'm just old and bitter.

Derrick01

Banned
So is there any reason why the mouse doesn't work right every time I start up San Andreas? I have to fiddle with the settings, which don't reset or anything like that, and sometimes that just randomly makes it work but the last time I tried nothing could get it to work.

The problems it has is it won't control the camera at all and on the menus I can move it around but it won't click anything. I have to use the enter key to click on stuff in the menus.

multivac

OK, I don't think I can pass up Castle Crashers for a third time. Is anyone interested in a four-pack? I would be taking two slots.

Knowing our luck Prince of Persia would've just been that new one, not the collection. Freedom Force would've been about as good as Thief for winning I'd think, but I favor Thief so I voted for that.

It was only the 2008 release. I would've been surprised if it had won; I think it used up most of its demands when it was a Daily Deal. I've never played Thief so I voted for that. I played Freedom Force back in the day and I don't think it has as much lasting appeal.

Eusis

It was only the 2008 release. I would've been surprised if it had won; I think it used up most of its demands when it was a Daily Deal. I've never played Thief so I voted for that. I played Freedom Force back in the day and I don't think it has as much lasting appeal.
Sometimes we see other games get dragged in, or people vote in with that hope. I don't think I've been seeing that this sale, at the least when Deponia went on sale it didn't bring the other Daedalic games with it, and I know people voted for that (and failed) in hope of that.

c0Zm1c

My sentiments too. I love Fable 1 (I can still play it now and really enjoy it.) I wasn't hyped for it though so I'm sure that helped in some way. I grew tired of Fable 2 after a while and didn't bother finishing it. And Fable 3 is depressingly bad. :(

Baha

Son of a bitch, did they just pull all 3 bond games from steam? Store pages are redirecting to the main page and they don't have prices anymore in my wishlist.

Megasoum

Banned
How's the controller support in Fable 1? It's obviously too old to have proper 360 controller support but does it still work fine?

Forkball

Gabe giveth, and Gabe taketh away.

I know there's been a lot of complaining about the sales, but I think that's because a lot of us have been through several Steam sales and thus have a lot of under the radar titles. Also, Amazon and GMG have been absolutely crazy with their sales.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom