• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 Thread 2: [Extended To Jan 7th For Encore Deals]

Status
Not open for further replies.

dani_dc

I believe it's on GMG right now for 13 bucks (as of this post in my Chrome, at least)

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/simulation/cities-motion-collection/

Can it go even lower with a code? Also how long is the 75% off?

Don't forget the coupon (GMG30-DPLIM-DN831) for an added 30% discount!

I believe that the Cities in Motion (as well as Sonic Generation) deal was for Monday so they'll likely going to end soon.

wazoo

dani_dc mentioned earlier that the cars in the game were licensed, which may have something to do with its removal; although, even so, the timing coinciding with the removal of the 007 games is one heck of a coincidence!

007 Legends, Bloostone and Blur are games made by Bizarre Creations, which now is dead.

graywolf323

dani_dc mentioned earlier that the cars in the game were licensed, which may have something to do with its removal; although, even so, the timing coinciding with the removal of the 007 games is one heck of a coincidence!

Activision seems to like having their contracts run out at the end of a calendar year

same thing happened with the Marvel Ultimate Alliance games dlc

graywolf323

well it's nice to see a bundle where the price of the individual items by themselves isn't less

otherwise flash deals are not interesting to me

celebi23

I think the GAF consensus was that it's a good game with a somewhat questionable pricing/DLC model. The gold pack at 75% off seems like the way to go :) Also, it's Greg Kasavin's number 3 game of 2012! Also! TF2 hats. :p
Phew, just got it right in the nick of time :p Downloading as we speak :D

wazoo

I want to know too... :p

the game looks good, plays like an arcade racer, is not made by Namco.

I am happy because I think Namco can not make RR any justice anymore, and they had the intelligence to make it done by a western company.

All I want off my wishlist is Dead Space 1 and Test Drive Unlimited 2. Havent seen either of them once, but i'm seeing some repeat deals for about the third time each at least. Sigh. Maybe they saw my post on GAF about paying the current price on last day if they don't drop.

Gaspode_T

Got Dark Souls from Amazon (great deal) - a bit of a hassle to have to register it with a US proxy...

I think I am going to get Secret World with the 5 bucks off coupon (making it only $12??)

Grief.exe

So these editor's choice games from Amazon.

Is there any chance that the prices will go down? Max Payne 3 is is still at $30. I'd like to see it go down to at least $15.

Not sure if I want Dark Souls, but it is probably the cheapest it will be for a long while...

You want it.

After playing the PC version for the first time its now one of the best games I have ever played.

Played a couple races of Ridge Racer Unbounded.

Hmm...ehhh..well...let's see.

Racing against the AI is annoying. This game uses a boost system that's a combination of the nitrous from later Ridge Racer titles and the check system from the Burnout games. Basically once you're boosting everyone else better look out or they'll get fragged. Problem is the AI boosts whenever they feel like it, even if they haven't done enough drifting/smashing to get the energy for it. Expect to retry races several times. Also I think some rubberbanding is involved, really annoying.

The tracks feel cobbled together, which I guess is just as well since this game allows for you to build your own. Still it definitely feels like a step back from the brilliant track-design in the average Ridge Racer.

It's alright so far I suppose, maybe I just need more time with it.

Addnan

The discounts have been based around the use of promo credit, so, for instance, Dark Souls is $18 because most will be buying it for $13.
Yes I know, but even then a lot have been cheaper. Most Wanted was $20 without any voucher last week, NBA 2K13, xcom have all been cheaper even when voucher has been taken into account.

Torraz

I'd totally get dark souls for 13$ if I had a credit card / 5 bucks coupon on amazon. I hope the next steam sale of the game will reach that price.

c0Zm1c

Just got off trying the demo of Unbounded. The driving feels a bit boring. For a game about smashing into rivals, through walls, etc. it lacks the punch of Burnout. The editor could spice things up a lot by the looks of it though. I'm undecided. :\

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Yes I know, but even then a lot have been cheaper. Most Wanted was $20 without any voucher last week, NBA 2K13, xcom have all been cheaper even when voucher has been taken into account.

Fair point, although it must be said that NBA 2K13 doesn't have a discount applied to it just yet. ;) Mind you, lesser deals are to be expected -- Amazon's surprisingly heavy discounts are always, at most, 1->3-day affairs whereas the Editor's Choice promotion runs for an entire month.

Gaspode_T

So The Secret World for 14 bucks, yay or nay?

I pulled the trigger and I am installing it right now - an MMO that doesn't require grinding and has interesting story sounds right up my tree...I just wish it had some sort of Steam achievements or something (same reason I am skipping on Far Cry 3 for the 360 version - bah on achievement haters)

Only game I'm looking forward to pop up during a flash sale is Dustforce at 75% off. If that happens I'll be thoroughly done with Steam sales until Summer comes around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom