• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 Thread 2: [Extended To Jan 7th For Encore Deals]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Talyn

I pulled the trigger and I am installing it right now - an MMO that doesn't require grinding and has interesting story sounds right up my tree...I just wish it had some sort of Steam achievements or something (same reason I am skipping on Far Cry 3 for the 360 version - bah on achievement haters)
It has tons of achievements, they're just not integrated into Steam.

Echoplx

People at CAG are reporting that the bonuses for TSW are still working right now, all you need to do is register the key and create an account on the website to unlock them. Just in case anyone was interested.

kami_sama

I pulled the trigger and I am installing it right now - an MMO that doesn't require grinding and has interesting story sounds right up my tree...I just wish it had some sort of Steam achievements or something (same reason I am skipping on Far Cry 3 for the 360 version - bah on achievement haters)
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/SecretGAF if you wanna play with others.

People at CAG are reporting that the bonuses for TSW are still working right now, all you need to do is register the key and create an account on the website to unlock them. Just in case anyone was interested.
Fuuuuuuuu, and I bought the game yesterday at $22.5 T__T

is deus ex human revolution and binding of issac worth getting?

binding of issac did nothing for me so I would vote no. However it is cheap enough and popular enough that it really seems worth a go.

The first couple of hours of Deus ex to me was some of the best gaming this generation. After that point it got really boring and repetitive to me (AAA itis at it's finest) but that still means it is worth grabbing as well. The DLC was pretty good after a break.

Wok

Seriously guys buy the Mumbojumbo bundle. 23 Really freaking addictive games for $27

7 Wonders II, Luxor Amun Rising, Luxor 2, Luxor 3, Reaxxion, Little Farm, Luxor, Discovery! A Seek and Find Adventure, Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena, 7 Wonders: Treasures of Seven, Luxor: Quest for the Afterlife , Samantha Swift and the Golden Touch, LUXOR: Mah Jong, Chainz 2: Relinked, Midnight Mysteries, Zombie Bowl-o-Rama, Luxor: 5th Passage, Glowfish, Pickers, Luxor Evolved, Midnight Mysteries 2: Salem Witch Trials, Midnight Mysteries 3: Devil on the Mississippi, Midnight Mysteries 4: Haunted Houdini

Thats a bunch of 7 wonders which are like bejeweled meets resource farming, citybuilder. A bunch of mystery adventure point clicks. Some fun stuff like mah jong, and a bunch of takes on stuff like bejeweled, match 3 games, breakout games, and tube combination puzzlers.

Im really shocked at how cool Reaxxion is looking as a game.

Check out the Reaxxion trailer and consider getting it if nothing else

Really happy with how my final purchase has shaped up so far. Luxor Ancient Aliens has been a blast so far and I really digging how I now have about any pickup up,play, and put away quick game type I could want in between computer work at home. I dont have as much time for large time sinks in my gaming due to work, and this has been one of the best bundles I've gotten since the Telltale Bundle awhile back.

Buy it. If nothing else cherry pick the games on sale right now from it. Luxor Ancient Aliens, Reaxxion, and Chainz 2 Relinked seem to be the coolest so far that I've gone over.

I am buying the bundle of games with Samantha Swift.

Dunlop

So The Secret World for 14 bucks, yay or nay?

Loving the game so far, great story. It is rough around the edges for some aspects but for $14 it is a steal.

Where is it on sale atm? My buddy wants to pick it up and I still see it for $22 on Steam

Relax.MX

I really like Deus Ex is one of my top 5 of 2011 but with the DLC I feel like soulless experience maybe I'm the only one

Any chance of The Walking Dead sale even lower on amazon?

Depends if you like unintuitive and illogical puzzles.

No, it's terrible

I seem to recall that is the game where you first open the door to the house by burning some squirrels whilst playing the ukulele with your feet and riding a unicycle...except the unicycle has to be constructed first out of mud from the creek bed.

It is full of stuff like that right?

I just installed Dark Souls. Thanks Amazon! GFWL was not the nightmare I was expecting, the controls on the other hand... I'm not sure I want to return to the game for a second attempt, at least not without a USB controller. I feel for those who don't have access to one. :/

Wanace

I purchased Bioshock 2 and Dark Souls from Amazon but I can't get them to activate on Steam OR on GFWL. I was given a 25 digit code on the Amazon download page but they don't work, just give me an invalid code error.

Dark Souls doesn't even have a "download" link next to it in Amazon so I can't get it directly from there.

What am I doing wrong?

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Why should it? None of the games I've bought on Amazon have been region locked. Or does it have some weird DRM?

Like JaseC said, Dead Island for one.

Not to my knowledge, but even if it is, you can just use Spotflux to activate it.

Some keys are; for instance, Inversion and Dead Island GoTY.

Problem is I think VPN-shenanigans on steam for regional bypass is a thing of the past. Now you will need to use VPN each time you start a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom