• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 Thread 2: [Extended To Jan 7th For Encore Deals]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShaneB

Got a random Civilization V question to ask, and I figure here is as good as any.

After the party died down last night me and a buddy played some local 2p Hot Seat Civ V, before we knew it, it was 7am. Now I am wondering, can we now in the future play online and continue this game we started last night?

I'm sure it's just as easy to set up and try, but I know he'll be asleep for another 4 or 5 hours. lol

Omega

Banned
dead island won?

i've seen numerous people say how this game is shitty on PC and some haven't even gotten it to work for more than 10 minutes.

why..

dreamfall

dead island won?

i've seen numerous people say how this game is shitty on PC and some haven't even gotten it to work for more than 10 minutes.

why..

Really unfortunate! I was hoping for anything but that (Full Disclosure- picked up Dead Island on the cheap way back when)!

Wanted some Amnesia!

Spacebar

I see Black Ops 2 is on sale for 50. Has it been a daily deal yet? If not, are the odds of it being a daily deal slim since it's pretty new?

derFeef

dead island won?

why..

That mus thave been on release where the wrong version was available on steam. Game works fine, and I think it's one of the best Zombie games out there.

1-D_FTW

Plenty of people defend the PC version. And if it were truly broken for everyone, it wouldn't win.

Why are we even complaining? What did it win against? Were they that obscure they won't appear in a flash anyways?

EDIT: Amnesia and L4D2? Really? No wonder it won.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I see Black Ops 2 is on sale for 50. Has it been a daily deal yet? If not, are the odds of it being a daily deal slim since it's pretty new?

The Call of Duty games were Dailies on the fifth day of the sale but Blacks Ops 2 wasn't included.

Omega

Banned
Plenty of people defend the PC version. And if it were truly broken for everyone, it wouldn't win.

Why are we even complaining? What did it win against? Were they that obscure they won't appear in a flash anyways?

L4D2 and Amnesia.

I was hoping Amnesia would win. I don't think it's been a flash yet. It doesn't seem that it's in the pool of 15 titles they keep recycling.

Spacebar

The Call of Duty games were Dailies on the fifth day of the sale but Blacks Ops 2 wasn't included.

Thanks.

My parts for a new PC are coming in later this week and I've been drooling over the high res PC shot thread. Already purchased Skyrim and Witcher 2 in anticipation.

chixdiggit

Got a random Civilization V question to ask, and I figure here is as good as any.

After the party died down last night me and a buddy played some local 2p Hot Seat Civ V, before we knew it, it was 7am. Now I am wondering, can we now in the future play online and continue this game we started last night?

I'm sure it's just as easy to set up and try, but I know he'll be asleep for another 4 or 5 hours. lol

How does this hot seat mode work?
Haven't played Civ 5 in a long while but plan to again after picking up Gods and kings.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
That mus thave been on release where the wrong version was available on steam. Game works fine, and I think it's one of the best Zombie games out there.

The game that went up on Steam at first was a development non-finished version, it even had stuff like flying and invulnerability turned on by default (or all you had to do is press B on a gamepad or something).

It was fixed like 3 days to one week after release, which made everybody pissed, since it took so long. I think the release was pushed back one week and suddenly it wasn't available anymore or something.

Game works fine afaik. I just wish the GOTY upgrade would get a decent sale and not have the price reverted to the same as the GOTY game every time.

Edit: For instance, I have regular Dead Island. I get a 50% discount on GOTY dead island. Except on sales. Since it's on sale now, I get to pay the same amount as everybody else. It doesn't stack.

barnone

I bought the Dota 2 holiday pack even though I already own dota 2. The store page said I would receive a giftable early access invite for a friend, and I assumed I would be able to get the items for myself. My inventory isn't letting me redeem the holiday pack though, did I goof up?

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I bought the Dota 2 holiday pack even though I already own dota 2. The store page said I would receive a giftable early access invite for a friend, and I assumed I would be able to get the items for myself. My inventory isn't letting me redeem the holiday pack though, did I goof up?

Whoever redeems that copy of the game will get the bonus items.

Your friend would have to gift you back the items if you want them.

Liamario

Banned
Can't recommend RAGE enough (assuming you get it running properly of course). Scorchers DLC is worth the money as well.

1-D_FTW

L4D2 and Amnesia.

I was hoping Amnesia would win. I don't think it's been a flash yet. It doesn't seem that it's in the pool of 15 titles they keep recycling.

It's usually in the rotation though. And I'm pretty sure it's been in a humble bundle before. So I can definitely see why it would struggle to win a vote with so many already owning it.

derExperte

Dishonored, saw the price on some shady site and bought it before I realized it was the Russian version.

No US-game I know of is locked when it comes to playing (except strange release date stuff like with Scribblenauts). I had to activate US Dead Island and Mafia 2 via VPN but can install and play them just fine. If you really want to know check http://cdr.thebronasium.com/ for onlyallowrunincountries, like http://cdr.thebronasium.com/sub/16192.

atomsk

Party Pooper
I'm still waiting for Miasmata, Chaos on Deponia, Stealth Bastard Deluxe, and Primordia. I think at best I can hope for one of these.

I would hope Primordia for sure, since it was in a community vote (and lost) and EVERYTHING ELSE HAS BEEN RECYCLED SO WHERE THE FUCK IS IT

Gowans

Whoever redeems that copy of the game will get the bonus items.

Your friend would have to gift you back the items if you want them.

I'm in the same boat, looking for a trust worth GAffer without Dota 2 who can redeem in them trade the items from their steam inventory.

Can anyone here do this? I'm on steam right now

Bought Thief Gold literally like 2 minutes before it ended. Hope that was a good decision. Never played any of those. I didn't like Dishonored so hopefully it's better.

Anyway, these new flash deals, what's the best? I've never played any of them (Crysis, Rage, or Dead Island, at least not for any significant amount of time). I have an extra copy of Frozen Synapse to gift to someone who would get me one of those...

1-D_FTW

I'm in the same boat, looking for a trust worth GAffer without Dota 2 who can redeem in them trade the items from their steam inventory.

Can anyone here do this? I'm on steam right now

You could always said up a duplicate account. Gift it to that account. And then trade for the items.

I'd do it for you, but I already have it in my account. Probably a problem for most in this thread.

Gowans

You could always said up a duplicate account. Gift it to that account. And then trade for the items.

I'd do it for you, but I already have it in my account. Probably a problem for most in this thread.

Yeah I'm thinking it might come to that.

pa22word

Why isn't the DLC for rage not on sale? How long is the DLC?

1. Because it released on PC like 2 days before the sale started. Same reason stuff like FC3 isn't on regular discount and such.

2. Dunno from experience, but I've heard anywhere 2-5 hours.

masterkajo

Quick question. Just saw Frozen Synapse for -80% and when I wanted to buy it it went to -50%. Which one is the right one? (I am seeing it as -50% now). Would bite for -80% without a second thought.

Calmine

Bought Hotline Miami when it was at 25% off cause I wasn't patient and it went to 50% twice. After playing and completing no regrets.

Also got Anno 2070 been waiting for that to drop and 60% off was decent with the DLC as well.

Far cry 3. 25% off is not that great... But I do want to play it and the next sale could be a while. Someone help push me one way or the other, please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom