• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 Thread 2: [Extended To Jan 7th For Encore Deals]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually had more fun with Unbounded but I imagine the online community is dead. With MW you do get open world gameplay as well.

I thought unbound was pretty bad. played a bit and gave up.

Tough call. If you plan on playing online a lot, Most Wanted.

If you just want a fun racer to dabble in alone every now and then, Unbounded is a solid option (for now, and you'll probably get Most Wanted for 12-15 somewhere down the line).

Ok thanks guys. I'm torn. On one hand I would buy Unbounded and SW on the other hand I would buy Most Wanted. Choices choices.

Decado

Is the price for the Crysis Collection good? It beats Gamersgate.

Also, does anyone know if there are blood mods (bullet textures on models) for all three games? I'll only play those games if there are good blood mods. The prettiest and shiniest graphics in the world don't mean shit if it fails as a shooter.

So I sent Valve's customer service an email back on the 26th. You think they'll refund me on my purchase of Darksiders 2.? I'm thinking about buying the THQ bundle but I really don't want to have spent $16 on DS2 then turn around and drop another 24

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So I sent Valve's customer service an email back on the 26th. You think they'll refund me on my purchase of Darksiders 2.? I'm thinking about buying the THQ bundle but I really don't want to have spent $16 on DS2 then turn around and drop another 24

You'll only get refunds in cases of:

1) Pre-orders (provided the request is actioned before release)
2) Unused gifts
3) Valve's arm being twisted by law

They won't.

Le sigh, stupid "an item from your wishlist is on sale!" phone notification. Oh well. I'll hold off on buying that bundle. Though I didn't really ask for a refund. I asked them to exchange the purchase for the DS2 bundle that was 3 dollars cheaper and came with all the DLC. I didn't see it on my phone when I purchased DS2 as one of the flash deals of the day.

ShaneB

Got a random Civilization V question to ask, and I figure here is as good as any.

After the party died down last night me and a buddy played some local 2p Hot Seat Civ V, before we knew it, it was 7am. Now I am wondering, can we now in the future play online and continue this game we started last night?

I'm sure it's just as easy to set up and try, but I know he'll be asleep for another 4 or 5 hours. lol

just quoting myself on this. Anyone got an answer? Will we have to kick it old school and play by email or something? ugh.

You will get the weak ass response of, "Sorry our systems do not allow for this, we physically can't do it."

Yes I'm being immature, but still.

Yea that shits weak as fuck. I bet you if they had a pricing mistake that people took advantage of their system would magically be able to do such.

wazoo

I was waiting for Blur to get a discount, now I feel better not to have to wait anymore.

The next thing I need is Codemaster removing its games from Steam.

1-D_FTW

Yea that shits weak as fuck. I bet you if they had a pricing mistake that people took advantage of their system would magically be able to do such.

To defend them, they have had some pretty big woppers in past sales and it's all good so long as you checkout before it's fixed.

Got a random Civilization V question to ask, and I figure here is as good as any.

After the party died down last night me and a buddy played some local 2p Hot Seat Civ V, before we knew it, it was 7am. Now I am wondering, can we now in the future play online and continue this game we started last night?

I'm sure it's just as easy to set up and try, but I know he'll be asleep for another 4 or 5 hours. lol

Not totally sure about Hot Seat mode, but I'm pretty much sure you are able to save your game nonetheless. Just open the menu and choose Save Game. This is what I do with my multiplayer games and it works perfectly fine.

Derrick01

Banned
Rage worth it guys? Thinking of getting it and Scorchers DLC.

It's a really quality FPS game with pretty weak RPG and open world elements. It's also one of the better looking games out there even if a lot of it is smoke and mirrors. Get up close to anything in the game and you'll see ps2 textures, but 5 feet away it looks amazing.

Torraz

Why the fuck did I get an AMD card... They still haven't patched that?

Ow, I have a 5670, will research on this before pulling the trigger. Thanks for the "warning". :p

Is there some leaked list of upcoming offers? Or how do you know?

There were some patches and .ini "fixes" but the problems never went away on my 5570. They were slightly reduced, but still flickering graphics etc. everywhere.

Don't think I'll get an ATI card again...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom