• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 Thread 2: [Extended To Jan 7th For Encore Deals]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gowans

I can do that for you. But will I have to install the actual game? (I'm on Mac)

Edit: Er silly question, probably not with steam inventory and all. Anyway, PM me if you're interested!

Aww thank, but I made an account for my Mrs, can't trade till it lets me set Steam Guard up tho :(

ShaneB

How does this hot seat mode work?
Haven't played Civ 5 in a long while but plan to again after picking up Gods and kings.

I'm not an expert, but I just assumed hot seat was basically local multiplayer. We just set up a single game on his laptop and just swapped turns.

Haunted

I need help. Spend 12 on Unbounded or 25 on the newest most wanted?
Tough call. If you plan on playing online a lot, Most Wanted.

If you just want a fun racer to dabble in alone every now and then, Unbounded is a solid option (for now, and you'll probably get Most Wanted for 12-15 somewhere down the line).

masterkajo

Sure was. Considering how much they've been recycling, I'd say chances are decent.

>.< Just my luck then that I wanted to buy the game the moment it went back to -50%. I didn't even see it on the front page. I just searched for it because a friend sent me a text earlier to buy it (which makes a lot more sense now).

Well fingers crossed then.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Concerning Doom, should I get Ultimate Doom or Final Doom? What's the difference?

Ultimate Doom is the original with a bonus chapter. Final Doom is essentially a compilation of a couple of fan-made level packs turned into a retail product -- it's not an actual id product and has no place in the mainline franchise.

Jawmuncher

Sure was. Considering how much they've been recycling, I'd say chances are decent.

Yeah I've been noticing a lot of recycling on Flash and Daily. Have a feeling the stuff I want will pop up on flash again. Going to hold out for the last day and see.

Sarcasm

Is the DLC for Rage worth to get for a first play-through? I don't feel like spending 4.99 on DLC lol.

I read that RAGE can last you 10-60 hours depending on how you play, true?

JaseC

Is the DLC for Rage worth to get for a first play-through? I don't feel like spending 4.99 on DLC lol.

I read that RAGE can last you 10-60 hours depending on how you play, true?

60 hours is a gross overstatement. I'd say ~20 at the most. As for the DLC, the content it adds is worth the asking price, so I say snap it up now.

Man fuck valve, just give me a complete refund on Darksiders II. Fuck man. This is some bullshitm my rage boils unconstrained. Could the gods fuck me anymore than they already have?! CAN THEY?!

kuifwnncm,vnkiusdl;fjw!!!!!!

JaseC

Okay got both..should I beat RAGE than install DLC?

The DLC will be installed/downloaded with the game proper, so you won't have much of a choice in that regard. What it adds is a handful of new missions involving a clan known as The Scorchers, so when you reach that quest line you can either ignore it until you've completed the main campaign or just plough through it right and there and then -- it's content-expanding, not narrative-expanding.

Edit: Come to think of it, I'm not entirely sure if you access the DLC quest line before completing the main campaign. Somebody who's recently begun a new game may be able to confirm either way.

Sarcasm

The DLC will be installed/downloaded with the game proper, so you won't have much of a choice in that regard. What it adds is a handful of new missions involving a clan known as The Scorchers, so when you reach that quest line you can either ignore it until you've completed the main campaign or just plough through it right and there and then -- it's content-expanding, not narrative-expanding.

Edit: Come to think of it, I'm not entirely sure if you access the DLC quest line before completing the main campaign. Somebody who's recently begun a new game may be able to confirm either way.

DLC doesn't come bundled with it. I gift my items..only install when I play (which I am only doing with RAGE atm) so the DLC is still in my gift inventory.

Another question, is there high res textures?

JaseC

DLC doesn't come bundled with it. I gift my items..only install when I play (which I am only doing with RAGE atm) so the DLC is still in my gift inventory.

Ah, okay. Well, in that case, you may as well just install the DLC after completing the main campaign.

Another question, is there high res textures?

A patch added a detail texture option, but it's nothing more than a sharpening filter applied to the textures and the game arguably looks worse with it on. What you see is what you get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom