• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 Thread 2: [Extended To Jan 7th For Encore Deals]

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Why the fuck did I get an AMD card... They still haven't patched that?

Your mileage may very. The game is still temperamental when it comes to certain (and many, apparently) hardware configurations, but it's entirely possible that you'll be able to play the game just fine. Update to the latest drivers, don't force anything via CCC, set the game's texture cache option to "large", and take note of the final part of the OP here (titled "Blurry Textures and Texture Popping"). Best of luck!

ShaneB

Not totally sure about Hot Seat mode, but I'm pretty much sure you are able to save your game nonetheless. Just open the menu and choose Save Game. This is what I do with my multiplayer games and it works perfectly fine.

Thank for the reply. I guess all I can do is to wait and see when he wakes up to try it out.

Soi-Fong

Your mileage may very. The game is still temperamental when it comes to certain (and many, apparently) hardware configurations, but it's entirely possible that you'll be able to play the game just fine. Update to the latest drivers, don't force anything via CCC, set the game's texture cache option to "large", and take note of the final part of the OP here (titled "Blurry Textures and Texture Popping"). Best of luck!

Well, I have an i7 2600k and if that's not "high-end" enough to prevent blurry textures and texture popping, then this game is really screwed up.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Well, I have an i7 2600k and if that's not "high-end" enough to prevent blurry textures and texture popping, then this game is really screwed up.

The fortunate thing about being on Team Green when it comes to Rage (and, consequently, the unfortunate thing about being on the opposing side) is that nvidia users have an extra trick to use in forcing the game to use all available CUDA cores for texture transcoding, rather than having the CPU do the gruntwork.

Volcynika

pAZZP.jpg

Shepard

Holy Shit, nice day for problems with the credit card :\
Does anyone know till when the Dark Souls deal will go? I'm so pissed right now :(

1-D_FTW

I can finally empathize with old people. Because every day, it really does look like they're running the same shit over and over (even if, possibly, they're not.) It's truly all the same to me and no amount of convincing will change my mind.

Now lets see if Amazon PMs this MP3 deal.

EDIT: Oh, wow. I didn't even catch the 75 percent. Just assumed it was 50 or something. That's how conditioned I've become to ignoring everything.

What's funny is in spite of all the people complaining about repeats, outside of fallout almost everything people wish for is actually a repeat at this point :)

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Really? The same games which have already been, AGAIN? There's no defending it, this sale is a travesty.

1-D_FTW

If there's no Star Wars franchise deal this sale I'm gonna be irked.

I was hoping and expecting just like you. Then I realized Lego: Star Wars Complete Saga has never been lower than 9.99. So it's probably futile either way for me.

I'd even pay 9.99 if it was of Batman 2 or LotR quality, but I know early Lego games kind of suck. So I have to make a stand at 75 percent off.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
I'm okay with the repeats, I have plenty of games to play LOLBACKLOGATHON

Anyone else with me? Who needs new sales, we have so many games!
I would complain more about this sale but at this point I pretty much own all the games I'd buy at an expected discount price <$20. An even then I'd probably pass on them since I own so many.

ta9qi

im tired waiting for dustforce :(
seems gabe was think srsly to end the sales today morning , before he read gaffers comments and decide to continue by repeating @@

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom