• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 Thread 2: [Extended To Jan 7th For Encore Deals]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone sell me on Rage. Can afford one game this sale, got gifted the one I wanted Borderlands. So can still buy one. I'm thinking it should be Rage.

Tizoc

If MoM: Clash of Heroes goes on a Flash sale, I'll make a Give-away of it, more people need to know of this underrated gem.

If anyone is thinking of buying Dead Island (and you're from the US) I have US code (that won't register in the UK) from Amazon. So basically, I'm looking to trade it for a Steam Giftable version.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I have a copy of Bioshock 2 to give away. I want you to use MS Paint, to draw Big Daddy at his other day job. I will be picking the winner based on humor, so the funnier the better. You have three hours to do it, 4:30pm est is the deadline for entries.

Posting for new page.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Why the fuck did I get an AMD card... They still haven't patched that?

*I played it a few months after stopping due to the poor performance, when the AMD drivers had been updated. The game seemed to run as id software envisioned it doing (still couldn't manually set quality or other standard settings).

whats Gafs opinion on Crysis franchise???

Crysis 1 covers "Nomad's" story. It has the unique environments to explore, and pretty satisfying vehicle sections, and a better paced story; all wrapped in a free roaming experience. It's a true PC game, but has some poor performance issues *they may have been fixed along with the release of Warhead..I didn't check.
He dies shortly after the events of the game.

Crysis: Warhead is an alternate storyline set during Crysis 1 that concerns the character "Psycho". His story is less ambitious, doesn't include the more interesting environments/stages and events of Crysis, and is really generic. But the game seems to be better coded than Crysis 1 and therefore has slightly better performance.
Psycho was MIA from Crysis 2, but will play a prominent role in Crysis 3.

Crysis: Wars is Crysis 1's multiplayer. It's okay, some weird design decisions, I don't know how healthy the community is right now.

Crysis 2 is a mediocre console port. It suffers from a overly narrow FOV that is unchangeable, among other things. Structurally, the game is a linear snorefest a la COD, with a few moments of interest. And they removed all meaningful vehicle sections. The multiplayer is COD with a Crysis sheen.

Decado

I`ve been doing some searching and all the crysis games seem to have mods that enhance the campaign. May improve Crysis 2 enough to make it worth buying...

I have a copy of Bioshock 2 to give away. I want you to use MS Paint, to draw Big Daddy at his other day job. I will be picking the winner based on humor, so the funnier the better. You have three hours to do it, 4:30pm est is the deadline for entries.

Untitled_zps348e7a26.png

Jenks

Banned
Im thinking of getting Torchlight 2 as i enjoyed the 1st enough to complete it twice, though i preffer to solo is the second game ok to play solo?

How is the PC version of Deus EX? I played a bit of the PS3 version but ended up getting rid of it early on. Doubt I really gave the game much of a chance.

AEREC

I need an opinion from GAF! Fable III or Rage w/ the Scorchers DLC?

Go for Fable 3, I had no issues with it and it had a fun story and characters. Rage on the other hand looks ok but is really bland and boring and gets tiresome quickly.

Fable 3 performance is kind of odd, but it didn't really detract from the game.

AEREC

How is the PC version of Deus EX? I played a bit of the PS3 version but ended up getting rid of it early on. Doubt I really gave the game much of a chance.

PC is the best version due to framerate and higher resolutions. And I guess mods if your into that sort of thing.

whats Gafs opinion on Crysis franchise???

Awesome games. 1st half of Crysis is godtier, the second half is as good as any Halo game. The 2nd game was unjustly panned on the pc in my opinion. The gameplay is solid, not as open as the 1st half of Crysis 1, but still a hell of a lot better than most linear shooters. The variety of the environments in C2 is also top notch. Very few games in the last decade have been as dense with detail, as this sequel. And with the HD pack and mods, the game will look just as good as C1.

Buy with no hesitation. You are getting solid entertainment guaranteed.

Im thinking of getting Torchlight 2 as i enjoyed the 1st enough to complete it twice, though i preffer to solo is the second game ok to play solo?

I played the entire game solo and it was fun. The second is a MUCH better game, and this is coming from someone who really enjoyed the first. I have no doubt you'll enjoy it by yourself.

Skirn

Tried it there now with my 7850, start of the game ran at a solid 1080p/60 with everything up to full at least.

Thanks, man. I appreciate it.

Guess I'll go for it, even though there seems to be conflicting reports regarding ATI performance. It's only 5 euro-bucks, too.

MutFox

Banned
Transformers: War For Cybertron

Was about to buy 3 copies of this game... ($4.99 each)
Though I wanted to ask,
does online co-op still work?

I heard they took the online features out at some point... :/

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
The writing & atmosphere is worth trudging through gameplay, which IMO isn't that bad AT ALL.

Though this is coming from someone who only played Ragnarok, WoW & TSW mmo in my lifetime.
The actual combat is fine, it's how the world is designed. Early quests have you running through areas where enemies are too strong for you. Fuck, even finding missions is a pain.

masterkajo

Anyone heard back from Cromulent_Word? I PMed him a about a week ago about a second Critter Crunch. Would love to play with my brother.

Danielsan

I brought Cities in Motion early this morning. I think I'm officially done with the sale. 22 games, 25 if I include gifts from Gaffers <3.

PoP 2008, PoP Forgotten Sands, Cities in Motion Complete, Civ V G&K, Alpha Protocol, FTL,
Driver: SF, Cave Story(gift), Dead Island GOTY, Alan Wake Bundle(gift), Half-Life Complete (gift), Zeno Clash (gift), Spec Ops, City Life, SC: Conviction, RS: Vegas, Critter Crunch, Dishonored, Sleeping Dogs, Rage, DOOM 3: BFG, Tropico 3, Burnout Paradise, AC1, AC2.

I will probably never grow bored again in my life.
3AQmK.gif

Edit- Gifted out many games myself. Will probably continue to do so through the reminder of the sale.

Always love doing these. Hopefully more people will add their drawings.

ex7pp.png

Crysis 1 : Awesome
Crysis Warhead : somewhat linear but still good
Crrsis 2 : meh

Crysis : awesome but second half is more linear (but more awesome settings)
Crysis Warhead : yes, more linear but also more pretty and more diverse with tweaked mechanics.
Crysis 2 : non sens story. Just switch your brain. More Call of Duty but still good (vertical levels, much better gunplay and IA) also, best looking game too date. And mods.

Total War Master Collection seems like a good deal at 21€. Never played any of them except Rome, and I liked that. Still worth it to pick it up even though I might not play it for a year? Should I wait for the inevitable inclusion of Rome2 for next years sale? Anyone know of steam credits ever expire? Still got 30€ left, so I might jump in if the steam credits expire after a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom