• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 Thread 2: [Extended To Jan 7th For Encore Deals]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derrick01

Banned
Someone needs to change that "wait for the dailies" pic to something else. Maybe "if it's not in a rotation of 25 games then buy it right away".

Might need to make the sign Gabe's holding a little bigger for that.

AlexBasch

Hah! And I wanted to go through MP1-2 before playing 3 on the last summer sales.

Haven't even beaten 1, ffs.

What price do you guys expect for New Vegas? I'd be willing to sell my steam key for the Ultimate edition to someone who wants it.
9.99, I'm guessing. The base game was 4.99 last year and the DLC has gone cheaper too, it would make sense to have it reduced for 9.99 for the Ultimate Edition.

Omega

Banned
i've given up on seeing Fallout this sale but if they're gonna do repeats can they at least put up Sleeping Dogs.. was too indecisive before when it was a daily

probably not gonna happen. games like Castle Crashers and Chivalry need to go for their 5th and 6th daily/flash deals

AlexBasch

i've given up on seeing Fallout this sale but if they're gonna do repeats can they at least put up Sleeping Dogs.. was too indecisive before when it was a daily

probably not gonna happen. games like Castle Crashers and Chivalry need to go for their 5th and 6th daily/flash deals
And Killing Floor.

cicero

I sure wish GMG had more than just 2-3 good deals going at once. The voucher expires in like two days and I need something to replace what Steam used to be!@#

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I brought Cities in Motion early this morning. I think I'm officially done with the sale. 22 games, 25 if I include gifts from Gaffers <3.

PoP 2008, PoP Forgotten Sands, Cities in Motion Complete, Civ V G&K, Alpha Protocol, FTL,
Driver: SF, Cave Story(gift), Dead Island GOTY, Alan Wake Bundle(gift), Half-Life Complete (gift), Zeno Clash (gift), Spec Ops, City Life, SC: Conviction, RS: Vegas, Critter Crunch, Dishonored, Sleeping Dogs, Rage, DOOM 3: BFG, Tropico 3, Burnout Paradise, AC1, AC2.

I will probably never grow bored again in my life.
3AQmK.gif

Edit- Gifted out many games myself. Will probably continue to do so through the reminder of the sale.

I have a copy of Bioshock 2 to give away. I want you to use MS Paint, to draw Big Daddy at his other day job. I will be picking the winner based on humor, so the funnier the better. You have three hours to do it, 4:30pm est is the deadline for entries.

Madridy

Are the Secret World's servers region locked to your version's region?

As in: If I buy TSW from Amazon (US ver.) will I be able to join the EU or Asian servers (like GW2)? or will it lock me to the games region (like WoW)?

AlexBasch

I brought Cities in Motion early this morning. I think I'm officially done with the sale. 22 games, 25 if I include gifts from Gaffers <3.

PoP 2008, PoP Forgotten Sands, Cities in Motion Complete, Civ V G&K, Alpha Protocol, FTL,
Driver: SF, Cave Story(gift), Dead Island GOTY, Alan Wake Bundle(gift), Half-Life Complete (gift), Zeno Clash (gift), Spec Ops, City Life, SC: Conviction, RS: Vegas, Critter Crunch, Dishonored, Sleeping Dogs, Rage, DOOM 3: BFG, Tropico 3, Burnout Paradise, AC1, AC2.

3AQmK.gif
Good too see at least you're taking advantage of the sales, that's a hefty, good list. :)

cicero

3AQmK.gif
I sure hope you bought it from GMG using their voucher. It is only $8.75.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member

As in: If I buy TSW from Amazon (US ver.) will I be able to join the EU or Asian servers (like GW2)? or will it lock me to the games region (like WoW)?
Just don't buy it. Seriously, the game is janky as hell even if it has great writing and atmosphere. FFXI has better game design; a game that came out 8 years ago!

Tizoc

Ya know what? The lack of any interesting deals for me is making me want to drop $30 on 10 or so games on gog.com now yeesh.

Sysgen

I've only heard bad things about it, but wasn't it relatively popular on consoles? A lot of people might be voting without understanding.

It's one of my GOTY candidates. People have different tastes.

Know nothing about Awesomenauts. An obvious question but just to confirm the costume bundle is just skins, there are no characters right?

cicero

Ya know what? The lack of any interesting deals for me is making me want to drop $30 on 10 or so games on gog.com now yeesh.
I am in the exact same boat. I just wish I could have the $20 in my Steam wallet available for GOG.

kurahador

Global server. No locks-out.

Just don't buy it. Seriously, the game is janky as hell even if it has great writing and atmosphere. FFXI has better game design; a game that came out 8 years ago!

The writing & atmosphere is worth trudging through gameplay, which IMO isn't that bad AT ALL.

Though this is coming from someone who only played Ragnarok, WoW & TSW mmo in my lifetime.

Omega

Banned
I hope Valve realizes we have plenty of games and don't need big sales like this any longer.

i don't.

i got tired of consoles and their shit so I've got a lot of catching up to do. I haven't even played Half-Life.

This sale has helped me build a pretty decent library but there's still a lot that I'm missing out on from PC exclusives to multiplatform games that I never got on consoles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom