• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 Thread 2: [Extended To Jan 7th For Encore Deals]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does Retribution have to cost so much compared to the complete DoW pack? I have it all except the Retribution stuff. It seems like a total waste buying the complete pack given I have already spent $15 bucks on DoW I and II already.

:s

Stand alone expansion...the multiplayer uses matchmaking via steam as opposed to GFWL in the first two...if you don't care for the multiplayer nor playing through the same campaign using different factions, you can skip

Sajjaja

Someone buy me the DoW franchise bundle, please D: My budget is too tight now.

Edit: I'm so desperate. Will spend night with you for Dawn of War Franchise Pack. Limited time offer.
Nuzzling and hugging only. Clothing is mandatory.

CatPee

Think I'm done unless Steam somehow manages to magically pull amazing non-repeat deals outta nowhere or Amazon's Editor's Choice games go even lower. "Final" haul:

Hitman: Absolution - $19.99
XCOM: Enemy Unknown - $17.50
Borderlands 2 - $15
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive - $7.49
FTL: Faster Than Light - $4.99
Legend of Grimrock - $3.74
Broken Sword Trilogy - $1.99
Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory - $2.49
Tomb Raider: Underworld - $2.49

Not too shabby.
I'll probably start Hitman/XCOM and never touch the rest except for FTL.

CatPee

Surprisingly I got to S6 on Normal on my second run of the game. Toned down to Easy and got to S8 before being obliterated
by all those drones of the last boss's second form.
:(

Amazon has X-Blades on sale for $2. Does that activate on Steam?

There's a review that says you need to use Amazon's downloader. No Steam key.

Eusis

If by some chance I can get a third run on the $5 off deal on Amazon: is War of the Roses worth it at $10? This is from someone who really wants to try out Chivalry, has it, but hasn't really bothered just yet because the damn tutorial had an insurmountable glitch that may or may not have been fixed yet.

Tizoc

Someone buy me the DoW franchise bundle, please D: My budget is too tight now.

Edit: I'm so desperate. Will spend night with you for Dawn of War Franchise Pack. Limited time offer.
Nuzzling and hugging only. Clothing is mandatory.

...What's your Steam id, you may have helped me with a dilemma I've been having.

Deques

Just listed games that I have started but never finished. Not counting those games that don't have stories.
41+ games!!! I need to finish them someday before I start new games >.<

elfinke

So I still don't get why it's so loved; I didn't care for the demo nor any of the quicklooks (aside from Vinny's QL of the DLC), but I voted for Sleeping Dogs.

If it wins, I'll buy the damn thing.

Though I suspect that POS Skyrim will win :(

Sajjaja

...What's your Steam id, you may have helped me with a dilemma I've been having.

OK gonna gift it soon but it seems you own DoW 1 GotY, will you still be able to use the other games and content in the it?

Tizoc is my hero. We will nuzzle and hug for a period of 30 minutes. Then sleep. The morning after will be a period of brief eye contact. Then we will depart. That is all.

Thanks a lot man.

Eusis

You had to buy a digital game during December.
Searching my email with more specific terms it seems late November purchases count. In fact, it looks like I have 5 of the credit, one of which was from getting my brother Spec Ops for $5 (which I guess makes this deal look kinda lame unless you intended to get it for yourself and a friend, or whatever).

Danj

Voted Sleeping Dogs in the latest community choice. 66% off seems kinda expensive compared to all the previous amazing deals on it elsewhere which I missed out on due to not having any money :(

Tizoc

No problem Sajjaja, enjoy the game~
Now to contact a retailer and see if they can provide a Lenovo Y580 by February, I need to start these PC games already lol.

So, is the Max Payne 3 online going to be active after this sale? Contemplating whether it would be worth it to get the Rockstar pass at 75% off.

Soi-Fong

Well, you guys were right. Rage is a gorgeous game (as long as your not within 5 meters of any object with detailed textures). Still I love the visual aesthetic of the game.

Well worth the 5 bucks.

One other thing to note. Some of the ladies in Rage, are how would you say... good looking. Certainly better than some of the female modeling I've seen in such games as ME and Oblivion.

derFeef

Well, you guys were right. Rage is a gorgeous game (as long as your not within 5 meters of any object with detailed textures). Still I love the visual aesthetic of the game.

Well worth the 5 bucks.

One other thing to note. Some of the ladies in Rage, are how would you say... good looking. Certainly better than some of the female modeling I've seen in such games as ME and Oblivion.

Character models in Rage are fantastic artistically, one of the coolest looking characters for sure. And I love their acting, so well done.

Jenks

Banned
All im after is DOW II Chaos Rising but on its own its more expsensive then the complete pack WTF.
Voted Sleeping Dogs.

Borderlands 2 again? Isn't that like the fourth time at least? :)

Bought as daily myself, and kinda regret it. It's ok, has great graphics, but since I play it as a solo game, it fails to hold my attention. Haven't played much longer then that I reached the main quest hub city, but start was really slow.

zkylon

zkylewd

Well worth the 5 bucks.

Another Loosum fan? There's not enough of her in the game, that's for sure.

I think RAGE's alright, it's just not that great in one way or another at anything that doesn't involve firing a gun, so to me it just ends up being a little tedious.

I also don't understand why the AK is so shitty in that game, it takes like a million bullets to kill anyone with it.

Is any of the Fable games worth a damn?

Fable 1: TLC is absolutely worth that price. It's a really fun game with lots of nice ideas. Just play it without any expecations other then it being a quite original action RPG.

Stay far far away from Fable 3. It's much more annoying and stupid then the first game, and comes with both Securom and GfWL. I wouldn't let that game in to my Steam account for free even (I bought the game day 1 on XBOX360).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom