• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 Thread 2: [Extended To Jan 7th For Encore Deals]

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's up to you, man. Personally, I love jumping on, and playing a simpler game that doesn't have unlocks, etc. Many people would call it dated, though.

And there are plenty of people playing it.

Yea i will check it out. I don't mind "dated" games as i play CS and UT 99 all the time.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I was merely showing him how many users are online. No point setting it to <100 ping as he might not live in the same country as I do.

It's worth noting that many servers use bots to fill the void (all those NoAim.eu servers are currently just bots, for instance).

It's worth noting that many servers use bots to fill the void (all those NoAim.eu servers are currently just bots, for instance).

Are you sure there are bots on Day of Defeat: Source? Out of the 500 odd hours I've clocked on Steam I've never versed anything other than real players in the game. I know Counter-strike servers use bots to attract players but I was unaware that existed in this.

Edit - I just checked the servers again and you may be right. There were some that had Bot in the name and everyone had the same server time. Learn something new every day :)

CaLe

I'm in Canada but I want to buy the Bioshock + Spec Ops bundle from Amazon.

Can I just create an account with a bogus US address ? How will I enter my Canadian credit card info ?

JaseC

Are you sure there are bots on Day of Defeat: Source? Out of the 500 odd hours I've clocked on Steam I've never versed anything other than real players in the game.

I know Counter-strike servers use bots to attract players but I was unaware that existed in this.

Positive, although not in any official capacity. You can check the aforementioned servers yourself if you'd like -- the names are clearly taken from a pool and, in some cases, the "players" have been in the server for over 24 hours.

Edit: Beaten by your edit, haha.

JaseC

Can I just create an account with a bogus US address ? How will I enter my Canadian credit card info ?

No need to make a new account, just add a US-based billing address, and Amazon's checkout system doesn't require any CC details beyond name, number, and security code.

Edit: Uh, and expiry date, of course!

Edit: Beaten by your edit, haha.

Yep you were right. Shame I'm only finding out about this now. My brother and I always wanted bots on Day of Defeat similar to what they had on CS.

Disregard the server list screenshot above then if the numbers aren't correct. I still stand by my original comment though. There are more than enough players to warrant a purchase for anyone sitting on the fence.

Im_Special

Your credit card address part doesn't matter at all, all you do is add your CC #, expiry date that that 3 digit number, use something like this for the rest.

Jason H. Rivera
17602 Griffith Cir
Huntington Beach, CA 92649-4903
(714) 907-5623

CaLe

Your credit card address part doesn't matter at all, all you do is add your CC #, expiry date that that 3 digit number, use something like this for the rest.

Jason H. Rivera
17602 Griffith Cir
Huntington Beach, CA 92649-4903
(714) 907-5623

Much appreciated :)

JaseC

just don't pick an address from a state that has to pay tax! I made that mistake before correcting it. lol

This is brought up regularly but doesn't Amazon now charge CA residents sales tax? I've never had tax added to my DD orders and the only US-based address I've ever used is that of Google's CA-based HQ.

Steam sales remind me of post-Christmas sales.

It's great that Christmas chocolates and such are 50% off, but it doesn't seem like such a deal when they're all 50% off and the regular price is inflated in the first place. The selection is good but are you going to have time to eat all of that? You already got so much food for Christmas.

This is brought up regularly but doesn't Amazon now charge CA residents sales tax? I've never had tax added to my DD orders and the only US-based address I've ever used is that of Google's CA-based HQ.

If they do, I have not been getting it over the past few days because I'm using the same.

Then again I wouldn't be charging anybody from Google extra tax. They know way too much.

mannerbot

I'm in California. The tax is only on physical orders.

x3sphere

It already sold for that price as a daily. More like the THQ fire sale continues considering the pricing of all of their titles this sale.

It's weird the Darksiders franchise pack costs less than Darksiders 2 standalone. Only THQ game I don't have so kinda sucks.

I've managed to buy nothing directly from Steam so far! Hurrah! I might not even buy the Rocksmith DLC at the end of the sale at this point.

Anyway, I'm doing more giveaways on Steamgifts to get rid of my extra codes accrued from buying every Humble Bundle at above average price:

squidyj

I've managed to buy nothing directly from Steam so far! Hurrah! I might not even buy the Rocksmith DLC at the end of the sale at this point.

Anyway, I'm doing more giveaways on Steamgifts to get rid of my extra codes accrued from buying every Humble Bundle at above average price:

how do you get into the gafgifts group?

Neofirefly

Neo Member
I just bought the warhammer dawn of war pack. Do you guys have any suggestions on where to start? Do I install everything? Is there a certain order to install them in? Any suggestions would be appreciated..

When i start the download it started up 6 items. Am I correct in assuming some of those little dlc items are just included in the 6 items that steam started downloading?

Talyn

Just bought the dawn of war pack. Is there a proper order to play through them in terms of the campaign?
The order for the DoW 1 series is: GoTY, Winter Assault, Dark Crusade and finally Soulstorm. For DoW 2, it's DoW 2, Chaos Rising and finally Retribution. The DoW 2 series should be played in order, at least, as each game builds on the plot of its predecessor.

baconcow

Why does Retribution have to cost so much compared to the complete DoW pack? I have it all except the Retribution stuff. It seems like a total waste buying the complete pack given I have already spent $15 bucks on DoW I and II already.

:s

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
You really cant go wrong with either Rome or medieval total war 2. I personally loved both of them, just depends on which setting you prefer.

If you're into muskets, naval warfare,line infantry and whatnot then empire total war is pretty epic.
Great, thanks. How's Napoleon Total War?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom