• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 Thread 2: [Extended To Jan 7th For Encore Deals]

Status
Not open for further replies.

LuffyZoro

I won a game from this a couple of sales back and had a lot of fun with it, so I figured I'd pass on the contest. Free copies of Nuclear Dawn and/or Red Orchestra for the person who comes up with the best 16 bar diss rap against a mod before 11:00 PM EST. Also, if anyone actually records their rap, the best of those gets a copy of Dustforce.

So I just got a chance to try out Deadlight, and I was wondering if anyone else has the problem of there being no sound during the animated story segments? The regular game is perfectly fine, music, voices, sound effects, but when it goes into one of those scenes its completely silent. Luckily theres the subtitles so i know whats going on...

Santiako

I'm even more scared than before, lol. But fine, I'll accept the challenge and get them. If you think that what matters is the experience as a whole, I think I'll be able to accept that the gameplay and puzzles aren't that good, or easy.!

For what is worth, I played it to completion with no guides or anything ~12 years ago (I was 13), so it's not THAT hard.

Caerith

Gaf, sell me on Torchlight 2. I played the first one, played all three Diablos (including beating the latest one on Inferno), I played maybe an hour of Path of Exile. What does TL2 bring to the table that sets it apart?

I won a game from this a couple of sales back and had a lot of fun with it, so I figured I'd pass on the contest. Free copies of Nuclear Dawn and/or Red Orchestra for the person who comes up with the best 16 bar diss rap against a mod before 11:00 PM EST. Also, if anyone actually records their rap, the best of those gets a copy of Dustforce.
Woop woop? (Not mine!)

kurahador

What bothers me a little, more than Dreamfall being different, is hearing that it ends on a cliffhanger. Hopefully it's true that they'll make a sequel, but at least I won't go in blind to that fact.

HL2 Episode 2 ends on a cliffhanger...or so I've heard.

Gaf, sell me on Torchlight 2. I played the first one, played all three Diablos (including beating the latest one on Inferno), I played maybe an hour of Path of Exile. What does TL2 bring to the table that sets it apart?

Woop woop? (Not mine!)

Nothing. I like Torchlight 2 a lot, its a fun game, but really its just the same ol' shit....

However, it does have the Engineer class, which is way more awesome than any class in other of these types of games, so there's that.

DSmalls84

I know a lot of people were interested in Miasmata earlier, thought I would post some impressions after playing for about an hour.

My PC:

i5-2320 3.0 ghz
6 gb ram
660 ti 2 gb vram

Performance

The game bounces around between 30-60 fps and doesn't ever really seem to lock. Also a good amount of pop in is present as you're walking around in the environment as it loads in. Since I just installed my video card like a month ago I'm gonna guess this game probably runs poorly on most systems, because the graphics are really just adequate at best. While there are never any loading screens, every so often Fraps shows the FPS nosediving down to like 9 fps and then immediately going back up to 30-60.

In summary it seems pretty janky, but the game is actually pretty good from what I have played and if anyone wants impressions of the game itself I will post those as well.

Gaspode_T

Nothing. I like Torchlight 2 a lot, its a fun game, but really its just the same ol' shit....

However, it does have the Engineer class, which is way more awesome than any class in other of these types of games, so there's that.

Torchlight 2 is one of my GOTY for 2012 - you can play it while listening to music or podcasts and just kill hundreds and hundreds of monsters...what more is there to say. The bosses are more fun than Diablo 3 and a little more action oriented, I started out playing on hard mode and did not find the game to be overly difficult although I had to grind a few times to get better loot. I played it for something like 50 or 60 hours I think, I probably don't even have half of the achievements unlocked

dreamfall

Welp, CS:GO won! And I finally got a vote right! All for naught. As I don't especially even want it- but congrats to those who passed on it, and are getting it now!

ALRIGHT FLASH. Give us great things! New things! Different things!

Garry-

pls.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
For what is worth, I played it to completion with no guides or anything ~12 years ago (I was 13), so it's not THAT hard.
Yeah well, I know many kids were able to finish Ocarina of Time on their own, while I (playing it last year, a 20 year old fool) had to look up online how to enter the Fire Temple as adult Link, and even then I got stuck inside and stopped playing. I'm also the guy who had to use a guide twice in the original Portal (managed to beat the sequel without help, one of my proudest moments in gaming life). So I wouldn't trust too much in my brain xD

HL2 Episode 2 ends on a cliffhanger...or so I've heard.
And it also bothers me a little... well, a lot. I'm sure one day Garry will come out and say "There was never meant to be a Half-Life 3, or HL2 Ep. 3. It was all Gordon's dream, he overslept one day, dreaming everything that happened in the games, and was late for work. He didn't get a raise that month."

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Are you guys ready to be disappointed?

AGAIN?

No, too busy actually playing games.
3AQmK.gif

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
The new flash deals will be pretty bad. If you haven't played bought any of the games that are about to be listed...I don't know what to say.
Fixed. Only fools play the games they buy.

BRB, going to play PoP: Sands of Time. Or not, it's 1:00 here and I should get some sleep :/

AlexBasch

Hotline Miami. Again.

sales are fine.
Well, they are for some games, it's the constant repeating that is driving me crazy. :p At this point I'll just go ahead and get stuff from Amazon that I was holding on to buy. Like Hotline Miami for $2.50.

dreamfall

Well, Hotline Miami is always good- even though it has been repeated several times now...

Nothing but disappointment! I'm voting Dirt just to lose!

Volcynika

Ok for the people that just post one deal and nothing else:

Hotline Miami 50% off
Gamemaker Studio 66% off
Might & Magic Franchise...some %

dani_dc

Ok for the people that just post one deal and nothing else:

Hotline Miami 50% off
Gamemaker Studio 66% off
Might & Magic Franchise...some %

Might & Magic seems to be between 50%~75%.
Might & Magic 6 (and it's expansions) is 50% off, the rest is 75% off.

At that price I would recommend Clash of Heroes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom