• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 Thread 2: [Extended To Jan 7th For Encore Deals]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
If someone wants to play Hotline Miami (NOT add it to their backlog), quote this post and I'll send the key I just snagged from Amazon.

j-wood

Ugh...I really want hotline miami, but my friends and I plan to play through titan quest soon so I need the expansion pack.

I've only got $4.00 left in my steam wallet. Do I buy miami now and wait on titan quest or do I take a gamble that titan quest shows up in a daily/flash/community?

If someone wants to play Hotline Miami (NOT add it to their backlog), quote this post and I'll send the key I just snagged from Amazon.

I'll definitely play it when I get home this weekend, if I was fast enough with the quote. I'm definitely interested in playing it, just not sure that I want to spend $5 on it right now.

mrgone

What's the cupon to use?

It's one of the $5 editor's choice credits that'll be used. They're automatically applied when you hit "buy and download" if you have them (you can see whether or not you'll get the discount before you finalize the purchase)

Ezalc

Damn saw that Miami post too late. If the coupon is the 25 dollar spending one then I don't have the money to get that. Can't really get just Miami either. Oh well.

mrgone

Damn saw that Miami post too late. If the coupon is the 25 dollar spending one then I don't have the money to get that. Can't really get just Miami either. Oh well.

The coupons were given with digital game purchases throughout November and December, so you'll already have them if you bought anything during that time

Edit: Quick, quote HoosTrax! :)

Exuro

I'll defer to nicoga3000's recommendation in the indie game development thread. RangerX had good things to say too.

It's been used for a few well-known indie games (Hotline Miami, Cook Serve Delicious!, the original Spelunky) so it can be a plenty capable platform in the right hands. I think it gets a bit of a bad rap due to a lot of the games being made by absolute beginners.
Pulled the trigger. Hopefully this'll teach me the basics of game design without throwing me into the deep end(messing around with c++ and sdl).

Any good tutorials for the scripting side of things?

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Ugh. I'll grab Hotline Miami for free.

Anyone know if they're making the Steam version Steam Play when the Mac version launches? I'd like to be able to play it and I don't run Windows.

Exuro

Anyone know if they're making the Steam version Steam Play when the Mac version launches? I'd like to be able to play it and I don't run Windows.
There's only like 1 game on steam that has a mac only version, which was done by a different dev. Would be extremely surprising if it weren't Steamplay.

HoosTrax

Foiled by the 30 sec grace period between private message over and over again :p. Keys should have been sent out now, have fun!

mrgone

I don't see why they wouldn't if they've got both versions available. It's probably more work to make them separate now :)

Speevy

Banned
Everyone should share Hotline Miami with the world.

I'd get a bunch of them if I hadn't already done this with Bioshock.

Great game.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Thanks, HoosTrax!

We'll see how this goes.

2D indie games uber-hyped by GAF:
Terraria - One of the best games ever
Super Meat Boy - Fucking awesome
Jamestown - Fucking awesome
Binding of Isaac - Worst game ever
FTL - Only okay
Hotline Miami - ????

I will find out!
It looks like Drive: The Game

Pulled the trigger. Hopefully this'll teach me the basics of game design without throwing me into the deep end(messing around with c++ and sdl).

Any good tutorials for the scripting side of things?

Nicoga's post linked to a pretty good set of tutorials by Derek Yu -- I think they're for an older version of GM but they carry over pretty well. Game Maker itself has a few included tutorials too.

Free Hotline Miami, excellent.

I don't even know what genre it is, or anything about it.

I don't have time to play it.

Should I give it away to someone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom