• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 Thread 2: [Extended To Jan 7th For Encore Deals]

Status
Not open for further replies.

kami_sama

I've only played the first three Blackwell games from Wadjet Eye. How does their other stuff compare?
Gemini Rue is one of the best P&C games I've ever played.
Resonance, which I played 2 or 3 days ago is not as good as the other one, but is very good.

alstein

I own and have extensively played all of the Civ games. IMHO, the order of ranking is:

Civ IV > Civ V > Civ II > Civ I > Civ III

That $3 GMG deal made me give Civ V another shot, and it is better, though I agree on Civ IV being still better. I pretty much agree with your ranking as well.

I suspect Civ V got some outside publisher pressure that forced them to rush it out, and that really hurt it in the eyes of Civ fans, who tend to be old-school and wary about modern stuff.
The reception here was much more positive than the folks I tend to talk to for PC games. (GAF is a younger crowd)

Just curious, as someone that just recently got into Civ V, what did Gods and Kings include to make it better? (I know religion was missing at first...)

Religion, AI that isn't as bad.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Would be funny if instead of having new deals every day then a recap day at the end, this time is two weeks of recaps then the last day is exclusively new deals.
Dreaming is free. If not, it would already be a repeat on the Winter Sale.

Proc

Fallen Enchantress has me intrigued. A bit too pricey to take a risk on a game that looks like it would live in my back log for a while. Any gaffers out there that can vouch for it being a must buy game for fans of strategy and fantasy?

I wonder how viable buying a bunch of deals, such as the Thief collection, now and selling later for like $5-$10 more in the off seasons would be. Bet you could score some free games, I don't know if it's worth it though really.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Hi

Buy Bastion

Bye

Scrabble

Is all the hyperbole that gets thrown around for Civ 5 justified? I hear it's got terrible a.i. and doesn't require any strategy. I've never played a Civ game so Civ 5 being easy to get into is appealing, but if Civ 4 is the better game should I just get that one instead?

kami_sama

Is all the hyperbole that gets thrown around for Civ 5 justified? I hear it's got terrible a.i. and doesn't require any strategy. I've never played a Civ game so Civ 5 being easy to get into is appealing, but if Civ 4 is the better game should I just get that one instead?
I don't find civ 5 Ai bad. It's not as good as one would hope. But the hyperbole here is a bit too much.

I don't personally like Civ games all that much but have two close friends irl that are both hardcore players who have played like every version ever.

They like Civ V but still consider IV superior.

Caerith

It might have had terrible AI on day one, but it's no longer day one.

dani_dc

That's correct, until the next expansion!
I do wonder if well see a second expansion like with Civ IV.

Well first I need to get Civ V, already own Gods & Kings (couldn't pass the GMG deal, don't think the expansion will go cheaper anytime soon).

Whats with the "game" in quotes? It is a action rpg it's not like dear ester where it is debatable whether it is a game or not.

No, sorry, I should have been more clear.

I don't think, gameplay-wise, Bastion is that impressive. What it does mechanically is no better than competent. But as an experience, everything comes together and it excels. It's very, very good. The core game, however, is quite simple. Which is all I meant by it.

Nymerio

Binary Domain keeps crashing on me, it just says Binary Domain has stopped working :/ Anyone know what could be up? I'm on Windows 7.

How much better is the PC version of Dark Souls after the fixes and whatnot? Is it a drastic improvement over say the PS3 version visually?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom