• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 Thread 2: [Extended To Jan 7th For Encore Deals]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ifrit

Total damage:

Criter Crunch - based on all the hype on GAF

All that pretty much it, this holyday sale sucked. I'll buy Ys 3 if it's a repeat, since I missed that, and maybe Half Minute Hero but that's it

SJRB

Gold Member
So, I bought Sleeping Dogs on the 27th. That means the game is updated and all DLC should be small in size, right? RIGHT?!
I just don't want to buy DLC if they're big in size. Stupid autodownload + inabilty to play the game while downloading + slow connection = tears.

Purchased the Zodiac DLC today and it only downloaded a 2 kb file that unlocked the content.

Purchased the Zodiac DLC today and it only downloaded a 2 kb file that unlocked the content.

But before the DLC came out, the Game at least downloaded a 4GB Patch. Somehow I think some future DLCs are also in it, otherwise I would not know why a patch just for the Zodiac-DLC would be 4GB.

PaulLFC

Encore deals? Hasn't the entire sale pretty much been an encore after the first few days? I think even the daily deals have been repeated (as in, games/franchises having two daily deals rather than just daily + flash).

The_Monk

I got Hell Yeah free with the PS Plus but I really didn't like it... The game is just... I don't now, it didn't clicked with me. And the jokes are not that funny too. But I might be in the minority here...

Babalu.

thank the gods.

evochron mercenary finally on sale. been waiting for this one since the summer sale.

woohoo!

it was the last thing on my wishlist and now i am done!

Numpad. 2 4 6 8, specifically.
I was interested in picking up San Andreas sometime (probably next sale since I have enough stuff already), but I have a tenkeyless keyboard so I guess this is a bust for me. I hear controller support is pretty bad too?

Speaking of Rockstar, sure would be nice if the Australian price for Max Payne 3 wasn't inflated...

SJRB

Gold Member
But before the DLC came out, the Game at least downloaded a 4GB Patch. Somehow I think some future DLCs are also in it, otherwise I would not know why a patch just for the Zodiac-DLC would be 4GB.

There's also the Nightmare in North Point which is also a big DLC chunk. According the Steam page there are 21 pieces of DLC for this game, most of them outfits. However, I guess all combined could very well take up 4GB.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
Frankly, the jokes are hit-and-miss. Ash is weirdly slippery. The zoom system and neon colors everywhere can make it tough to see things that hurt you, the optional missions rely heavily on luck and the QTEs have a weird little difficulty spike at the end. All that said—if you're in the mood for a gleefully moronic OTT cartoon killfest with some great music and a bright-ass palette, you can't do much better than this.

"Luck" wasn't the greatest word choice: the problem is that the missions don't fully reset on quick restart, leaving moving platforms in the place they were when you died. So a platform you expect to be in a certain place at a certain time might not even be reachable.

Anyway, I had fun with it.

1-D_FTW

I'm tempted with Hell Yeah. The GB Quicklook looked interesting.

I played it to completion (which I don't do with most games) and liked it. As I said in my Steam review, I think the Rock, Paper, Shotgun review has some valid criticism. And it would be a horrible game if I had to review it on a deadline (I always quit the session when I started getting annoyed). But even though I felt they dropped the ball on certain things, I enjoyed the game and would recommend.

RedSwirl

If DOOM 3 shows back up, Vanilla or BFG? What are the actual pros/cons between the two on PC? I already own the classic DOOM games.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I was interested in picking up San Andreas sometime (probably next sale since I have enough stuff already), but I have a tenkeyless keyboard so I guess this is a bust for me. I hear controller support is pretty bad too?

Speaking of Rockstar, sure would be nice if the Australian price for Max Payne 3 wasn't inflated...
It's 11 bucks here. I can get it to you if you're willing to trade it for a bunch of games that amount to the same price.

Tizoc

The following are my Steam purchases from the sale so far, excluding Gifts-
Mirror's Edge, Ys The Oath in Felghana, Ys Origin for $13.72
Star Wars: KotOR 1+2 for $4.98
Mass Effect 1+2 for $12.48
Serious Sam Complete Pack for $14.24
Hitman Blood Money for $2.49
Spec Ops for $9.99**
Civilization V+Gods and Kings, Civ 4 complete, Stronghold Collection for $19.99
Scribblenauts Unlimited for under $8
Dawn of War Franchise Pack for $9.99
Jack Keane, Fable The Lost Chapters for $4.48
The Longest Journey + Dreamfall for $6.49
M&M CoH DLC for $0.74
Civ V Korea/Wonders DLC Combo for $1.86
Puzzle Quest, Freedom Pack, Emerald City Confidential, The Witcher: Enhanced Edition (ROW), The Bard's Tale, Poker Night, Cherry Tree High Comedy Club for $21.69

**I've got a code for Bioshock 1 and one for 2 if anyone wants to trade for it

So all in all, excluding Gifts, I've spent a total of...around $131.14
...yeah more than I was planning on lol.

EDIT: Mirror's Edge claimed by BrLvgThrChmstry~

The following are my Steam purchases from the sale so far, excluding Gifts-
Mirror's Edge, Ys The Oath in Felghana, Ys Origin for $13.72*
Star Wars: KotOR 1+2 for $4.98
Mass Effect 1+2 for $12.48
Serious Sam Complete Pack for $14.24
Hitman Blood Money for $2.49
Spec Ops for $9.99**
Civilization V+Gods and Kings, Civ 4 complete, Stronghold Collection for $19.99
Scribblenauts Unlimited for under $8
Dawn of War Franchise Pack for $9.99
Jack Keane, Fable The Lost Chapters for $4.48
The Longest Journey + Dreamfall for $6.49
M&M CoH DLC for $0.74
Civ V Korea/Wonders DLC Combo for $1.86
Puzzle Quest, Freedom Pack, Emerald City Confidential, The Witcher: Enhanced Edition (ROW), The Bard's Tale, Poker Night, Cherry Tree High Comedy Club for $21.69

*I have a Mirror's Edge code for Origin if anyone wants it
**I've got a code for Bioshock 1 and one for 2 if any wants them
So all in all, excluding Gifts, I've spent a total of...around $131.14
...yeah more than I was planning on lol.

what do you want for the Mirrors edge code?

Hellix

My winter sale purchases:
7iOPp.jpg

• The Walking Dead was by far the best game I bought from the sale.
  • Resident Evil: ORC was by far the worst game I have ever played, but I finished it.
  • DMC4 was bought from GMG.
  • I bought Bad Rats just to see how bad it is.

Wok

Did anyone else expect $30+ games in his wishlist? :p

I won't say the price of the cheapest or we will see a cohort of traders.
0,66€

Edit: This GAFfer has some nice tastes: Deponia, Chivalry, Pid, Bloodlines, The Cave, Rayman, Hotline.

It's 11 bucks here. I can get it to you if you're willing to trade it for a bunch of games that amount to the same price.
Where's it $11? That's a great price... I thought it was $15 elsewhere? I'm about to go out for a few hours so unless you're cool with buying it and getting the cash back through PayPal a bit later I'll have to say thanks for the offer but I'll have to pass for now. Hopefully it'll be revisited at that price soon.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Edit: Taken

There's a Darksiders II code in this post. At least say if you take it.

Wok

I still have to play the first opus. So I am not taking the code. But, once more, xelios is generous.

KingKong

Feels like the sale has been on forever, I'm kind of tired of it (it's about 4 days longer than last Summer/Winter, right?)

I'm looking forward to seeing what new games get added and greenlit in 2013 more than the recap days

Dizzy

Banned
Little off topic, but with greenmangaming if I create an account can I come back anytime for unlimited downloads of the games I bought?

Wok

I'm looking forward to seeing what new games get added and greenlit in 2013 more than the recap days

I am looking forward to the annoucement as well. This will be a more effective way of promoting indie games than the usual Greenlight.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Feels like the sale has been on forever, I'm kind of tired of it (it's about 4 days longer than last Summer/Winter, right?)

Same here. This sale has gone on too long. I'm sick of the same games over and over, recycled from daily to flash to vote in one order or another. Looking forward to new releases this year as well as having our daily and midweek/weekend deals back, really.

I also hope this sale was not as successful as past sales, because if this is the model we're looking at for the future I'll pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom