• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 Thread 2: [Extended To Jan 7th For Encore Deals]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eusis

I imagine you had a few big sales like with Far Cry 3 and other newer releases, but probably tamer otherwise.

I'd hope at the least they make these kinds of sales shorter. And honestly I'd kind of be happy with the community vote being gone, sometimes you just see really popular crap everyone already has winning over something that only had a single flash deal or whatever. Knights of the Old Republic versus Ys Origin and I forget what else was the most galling: how many damn times did that go on sale beforehand?

I don't know if anyone who wanted Torchlight 2 missed the sale or couldn't find a 4-pack, but I have 1 copy available to the first person who wants it and can pay with PayPal. North American copy, $7.50 USD. PM me or hit me up on Steam.

Blizzard

Banned
RUSE for 75% off at $5 or less! I've been waiting on that for ages! Time to finally grab it, and potentially buy like 3 more copies to convince Steam friends list people to co-op vs AI bot stomp with me. :D

*edit* Weird, Steam didn't email me about that, but they did email me previously. I guess flash deals don't send emails for wishlist items, but daily deals DO.

atomsk

Party Pooper
So going by the countdown clock 11pm is the last set of Flash Deals?

Then I can just say fuck it and buy Primordia?

Reikon

The following are my Steam purchases from the sale so far, excluding Gifts-
Mirror's Edge, Ys The Oath in Felghana, Ys Origin for $13.72*
Star Wars: KotOR 1+2 for $4.98
Mass Effect 1+2 for $12.48
Serious Sam Complete Pack for $14.24
Hitman Blood Money for $2.49
Spec Ops for $9.99**
Civilization V+Gods and Kings, Civ 4 complete, Stronghold Collection for $19.99
Scribblenauts Unlimited for under $8
Dawn of War Franchise Pack for $9.99
Jack Keane, Fable The Lost Chapters for $4.48
The Longest Journey + Dreamfall for $6.49
M&M CoH DLC for $0.74
Civ V Korea/Wonders DLC Combo for $1.86
Puzzle Quest, Freedom Pack, Emerald City Confidential, The Witcher: Enhanced Edition (ROW), The Bard's Tale, Poker Night, Cherry Tree High Comedy Club for $21.69

*I have a Mirror's Edge code for Origin if anyone wants to trade for it
**I've got a code for Bioshock 1 and one for 2 if anyone wants to trade for it

So all in all, excluding Gifts, I've spent a total of...around $131.14
...yeah more than I was planning on lol.

Some of those are definitely Amazon purchases, not Steam.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
The following are my Steam purchases from the sale so far, excluding Gifts-
Mirror's Edge, Ys The Oath in Felghana, Ys Origin for $13.72*
Star Wars: KotOR 1+2 for $4.98
Mass Effect 1+2 for $12.48
Serious Sam Complete Pack for $14.24
Hitman Blood Money for $2.49
Spec Ops for $9.99**
Civilization V+Gods and Kings, Civ 4 complete, Stronghold Collection for $19.99
Scribblenauts Unlimited for under $8
Dawn of War Franchise Pack for $9.99
Jack Keane, Fable The Lost Chapters for $4.48
The Longest Journey + Dreamfall for $6.49
M&M CoH DLC for $0.74
Civ V Korea/Wonders DLC Combo for $1.86
Puzzle Quest, Freedom Pack, Emerald City Confidential, The Witcher: Enhanced Edition (ROW), The Bard's Tale, Poker Night, Cherry Tree High Comedy Club for $21.69

*I have a Mirror's Edge code for Origin if anyone wants to trade for it
**I've got a code for Bioshock 1 and one for 2 if anyone wants to trade for it

So all in all, excluding Gifts, I've spent a total of...around $131.14
...yeah more than I was planning on lol.

Haha damn. I spent a grand total of $5.73 and I feel bad. I am obviously dealing with a completely different species of Steam buyers in this thread.

HoosTrax

Btw, if anyone's looking for some non-advertised deals to burn up some Steam wallet, I suggest Defender's Quest at -66% ($5).

header_292x136.jpg

If you're at all fond of Fire Emblem style and don't hate tower defense games. It's sort of a hybrid SRPG take on the TD formula, in that you have heroes with persistent progression and gear. Probably only the second TD game, next to OMD!, that didn't put me to sleep.

Epic soundtrack as well. The tacky webcomic graphics are the weak point and don't give a good first impression imho, something they're aware of for the sequel I think.

Kurtofan

I bought Civ V and it is so addictive...I'm thinking about buying the Gods extension, won't that mess up my current play if I install it now?

jkoch

Should I buy Witcher 2? I'm not really into story-driven games, and I often skip cutscenes, dialogue, etc. Is the gameplay alone good enough? I was set to buy it, then I read the RPS review that said combat is kinda clunky and not fluid. What do you think?

Should I buy Witcher 2? I'm not really into story-driven games, and I often skip cutscenes, dialogue, etc. Is the gameplay alone good enough? I was set to buy it, then I read the RPS review that said combat is kinda clunky and not fluid. What do you think?

I love the game, including the combat but from what you've said, I say no, you will not like it.

It's an extremely narrative driven game; I'd say pass if that's not what you're interested in.

If you don't want the story, skip it, the gameplay is okay/decent at best IMO. If you just want great 3rd person on PC and not too big into story, get Dark Souls if you didn't already. (NOTE TO DARK SOULS FANS: I'm not saying it doesn't have a story, just that you can be totally oblivious to it and the game is no worse off for it).

SoulPlaya

more money than God
No, you'll hate it.

RetroGreg

Tomorrow 10am PST for the normal sale items

Monday for the encore sale items

So what about items that didn't get a daily like Defender's Quest? Do I need to buy tonight or are these going to be discounted through the encore as well? Sorry - I'm a bit confused with the encore addition...lol.

MRORANGE

So what about items that didn't get a daily like Defender's Quest? Do I need to buy tonight or are these going to be discounted through the encore as well? Sorry - I'm a bit confused with the encore addition...lol.

Not really sure if the flash deals will pop up or not actually, but if it wasn't a daily or a flash or a vote I would pick it up.

From Steam News about the extended period:

Steam Announces Weekend Encore to Its 2012 Holiday Sale
Announcement - Valve
Gamers will have a final opportunity to get their favorite games on Steam. A select number of the most sought-after titles from the Steam Holiday Sale will reprise their biggest discounts for two additional days. The Encore Weekend begins at 10am PST on January 5th (Saturday) and run until 10am PST on January 7th (Monday).

Check out the Steam homepage for more information!

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
The funny thing is we've already had enough encores. Why kick the dead horse? Did people really miss them in the 48 hour window as well as the flash and vote windows? Ugh.

yeah...
Max Payne 3 (ROW)
Endless Space - Admiral Edition
Sine Mora
Legacy of Kain: Defiance
Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver
Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver 2
NBA 2K13 Retail
The Darkness II Standard Edition Retail
Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams
Darksiders Franchise Pack
The Walking Dead
Borderlands 2 Season Pass WW
Borderlands 2 Retail
The Book of Unwritten Tales
Cherry Tree High Comedy Club
Civilizations V Gods and Kings
Plus DA2 on origin for a friend a me3 for me

Might cave in on Sleeping dogs (but the amount of dlc pushes me toward a goty wait..), gta:vc sa on steam and sacred 2 on steam...
so much to play, so little time..

Rorschach

Will other things remain on sale or will the sale only be on those repeat items? Thinking I may as well buy Alpha Protocol and a few others now.

Deadbeat

Banned
Im really debating picking up Rage. On one hand I want to see how the PC version plays compared to the ps3 version but on the other hand its 5 dollars for a lead weight. If only Darkness 2 was a daily instead.

sleepykyo

Fairly certain I'm done with the sales

Steam - Fear 2
Steam - Splinter Cell: CT
Steam - Fear
Amazon - SR: The Third
Steam - Deponia
Steam - ME2
Amazon - DNF, Darkness, Borderlands
Steam - Deus Ex: HR
Amazon - ME3 (though it technically redeems on Origin)

For ~$41.25. If I didn't get ME3, I'd have been perfectly happy with the amount spent relative to the games since everything else was $5 or less.

dot

Alright, who wants some Dota 2 invites? Got 3.

Add me on steam if you want 'em. PM me or something.

Edit: All gone!

Hellix

The funny thing is we've already had enough encores. Why kick the dead horse? Did people really miss them in the 48 hour window as well as the flash and vote windows? Ugh.

Well, I think it helps those that were on the fence on some games (due to price and whatnot) but decided to wait for the duration of the sale to see what other games may get a bigger discount. For me, I didn't pull the trigger on Anno 2070 because I was waiting for some other games to pop up and $20 seemed to much at the time. Nothing else went on sale that I wanted, so I may grab Anno 2070 if it comes back for an encore.

What's the verdict on FC3 showing up this weekend? I THINK I saw it last week, but I can't remember.

I want to pick it up today to have something to play this weekend, but I don't want to find it $20 cheaper tomorrow.

What's the verdict on FC3 showing up this weekend? I THINK I saw it last week, but I can't remember.

I want to pick it up today to have something to play this weekend, but I don't want to find it $20 cheaper tomorrow.

Far cry 3 was 37.50 a few days ago. Might show up again, but its really doubtful as it was only a Daily Deal and never a Flash or Community choice.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Where's it $11? That's a great price... I thought it was $15 elsewhere? I'm about to go out for a few hours so unless you're cool with buying it and getting the cash back through PayPal a bit later I'll have to say thanks for the offer but I'll have to pass for now. Hopefully it'll be revisited at that price soon.
I'm in Argentina. I think all of Rockstar games are cheaper in South America (LA Noire, GTA franchise pack and Max Payne 3 at least).

I don't have a PayPal account (actually I do, but I never used it if I'm not mistaken), but ring me up next time if you wanna do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom