• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 Thread 2: [Extended To Jan 7th For Encore Deals]

Status
Not open for further replies.

elseanio

Damn, was having loads of trouble with trying to purchase yesterday, and now To The Moon is only at -50%

Will probably buy it at that price, but a shame the site was being so slow yesterday

I think I'm done

ibcl90IpZohrIe.png

Big-E

Can someone here sell me on Tropico 4? I have 3 and stopped playing it for I don't know what reason. Is Tropico 4 better in everyway possible? Looking at my steam list, I don't have a lot of city builders and I am wondering what you guys think about it.

HoosTrax

Can someone here sell me on Tropico 4? I have 3 and stopped playing it for I don't know what reason. Is Tropico 4 better in everyway possible? Looking at my steam list, I don't have a lot of city builders and I am wondering what you guys think about it.
It's really the same thing. Same engine even.

One of the main differences is that you can choose which traits you want instead of being stuck with a specific dictator with pre-decided traits. Although I think you can still choose to play as stock characters like Fidel Castro, Eva Peron, Augusto Pinochet, etc. But I prefer to customize my dictator.

Also, the campaign is structured somewhat differently. It's a linear campaign, instead of unlocking a couple of maps every time you successfully finished a previous one.

It's kind of silly and they got some flack for calling it Tropico 4. It's still a great game and a blast though, but actual relationship between Tropico 3, Tropico 4, and T4: Modern Times is more like the relationship between all of the Dawn of War 1 series games. It's not like the move from Dawn of War 1 to Dawn of War 2.

I feel dirty. I didn't buy any games from the Steam store (bar a $10 Secret Santa present) and purchases all my games from Amazon and Greenman Gaming. Steam was just beaten by better deals.

vulva

if anyone's undecided or doesn't really care, please vote for giana sisters! I want that game and if I can get it even cheaper I'd go nuts!

Big-E

It's really the same thing. Same engine even.

One of the main differences is that you can choose which traits you want instead of being stuck with a specific dictator with pre-decided traits. Although I think you can still choose to play as stock characters like Fidel Castro, Eva Peron, Augusto Pinochet, etc. But I prefer to customize my dictator.

Also, the campaign is structured somewhat differently. It's a linear campaign, instead of unlocking a couple of maps every time you successfully finished a previous one.

It's kind of silly and they got some flack for calling it Tropico 4. It's still a great game and a blast though, but actual relationship between Tropico 3, Tropico 4, and T4: Modern Times is more like the relationship between all of the Dawn of War 1 series games. It's not like the move from Dawn of War 1 to Dawn of War 2.

Thanks for that.

ChesterCharm

Neo Member
my friend told me briefly that steam is doing something for the weekend. is this true? does this mean i should hold off on picking up the extra titles that haven't gone on sale?

Will the Amazon version work on Steam? Is it a code that you can redeem on Steam? Never bought a downloadable game from Amazon before.
It'll work on Steam. Code is in your game and software library after you made the purchase. If you got a $5 coupon for Amazon Editor's Choice, it'll cost $12.99

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
DOTA 2 Invite != Dota2 Retail.

You get items if you obtain DOTA 2 through steam storefront.

Pretty positive that DOTA 2 invite will be the retail game. You're simply paying to play early...which is what the DOTA 2 invite is. I guess you can justify the purchase by the items you get...but I definitely couldn't.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
If it helps it's made by the same guy who did VVVVVV.

It could have been made by Jebus, and it wouldn't matter at this point. I have spent way too much this sale(100 plus). :(

It will go on my wishlist, and hopefully pick it up at the summer sale.

I am, but does it redeem on Steam?

US only. And only as a bundle. So you can't gift whatever you might already own.

Exuro

Pretty positive that DOTA 2 invite will be the retail game. You're simply paying to play early...which is what the DOTA 2 invite is. I guess you can justify the purchase by the items you get...but I definitely couldn't.
All he's saying is you're paying for the cosmetics. The invite is "free".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom