• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 Thread 2: [Extended To Jan 7th For Encore Deals]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dingotech

Anyways, Dishonored is high on my wishlist but I've waited this long, I might as well hold out until it starts hitting a lower price point. $20 is my breaking point, I'm looking at you GMG.

+1

GMG was selling it at one point a month ago for $21, I expected that matched or bettered during this sale period...

Maybe Valve is on to something with these repeats. The community voted for Torchlight 2 again which has was just on sale less than 12 hours ago.

Omega

Banned
fuck the steam community.

giana sisters in last place. both games have been on sale like 100 times each this winter sale alone.

Maybe Valve is on to something with these repeats. The community voted for Torchlight 2 again which has was just on sale less than 12 hours ago.

If on to something you mean that they figured out that the majority of voters seem to prefer fewer titles on sale for a longer period rather than more titles on sale for a shorter period, then you are correct.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

I can't be the only one who just picks a game at random when the three choices are of no interest. (I didn't choose Torchlight 2, though.)

Fewr

I find it strange Hotline Miami is not a featured sale once again.

Anyway, I have a few hours to decide whether to get The Secret World or Sims3 Seasons..... or neither lol.

Lain

This sale has been somewhat disappointing.
Bought some stuff, but in the end the best deals I got were from price mistakes on Gamersite or Amazon deals.

Nimajneb

So, this was the last chance for Primordia? All the other game that were part of the community vote came up as a flash or daily, it seems strange this one was left out. Oh well, I'll just wait for the summer sale.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
is max payne any good? i bought the old ones. maybe i should just play them and then decide.. i spent so much on this sale already.
All 3 are excellent. If you're not in a hurry to have them all now, you should play the first 2 and see whether you enjoy them or not.

Such a fantastic franchise, and I'm glad they never made a movie about it.

I pick at random when I already own the games and/or have no interest in them.
Exactly, unless one of the games is something that many GAFfers want, then I vote any of the other 2 just to screw them over :p

Nah, if GAF wants it, I vote it. Then GAF doesn't get it because the Steam community is full of fools who don't even care about good sales, nor getting better prices from other DD stores.

Dingotech

All the games that are on sale will stay with the daily's right? So till Sunday?

The way I read the announcement the encore sale will only have the featured games on sale, everything else will revert to normal price.

Time to buy up stuff I was waiting on, Iron Brigade is the top priority.
Maybe I should look over that hidden gems listing, anybody got the link handy. :p

When I saw Giana and Terraria available for vote I thought to myself, " sweet at least one of them will win." Of course I was wrong. Today was the first one I voted in a few days and I officially picked a loser every time.

mr. grape

When I saw Giana and Terraria available for vote I thought to myself, " sweet at least one of them will win." Of course I was wrong. Today was the first one I voted in a few days and I officially picked a loser every time.

It usually goes by popularity, not the best deal. TL2 is the most popular, with Terraria being 2nd. Giana Sisters doesn't compare to either of those 2 in popularity. This is why most of the games that I want never win. Putting very popular games as vote choices along with a game that's nowhere near as well known (Giana Sisters) is never a good idea.

HoosTrax

Have any of you guys played Gyromancer?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/23380/

It's basically PopCap's take on Puzzle Quest from what I've seen. It almost never goes on sale so 40% might be as good as it'll get for a long time. Very tempted.
All I know is that this looks nothing like the Cait Sith I remember:

ss_d61813bb502181a81d00e3bf644d0d11844c0d12.1920x1080.jpg

cicero

For the new page, I thought this was worth reposting instead of some comment about Max Payne and Olga Kurylenko...

Walking Dead $7.49 with Amazon coupon next week confirmed.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10359109&postcount=16710
Do you guys honestly think I would pop into this thread and say:

"Guys,

What if The Walking Dead was $12.49 next week...

What if?"

if it wasn't going to be $12.49 as the Deal of the Week? Come on now!

Cheers,
Tony

It's basically PopCap's take on Puzzle Quest from what I've seen. It almost never goes on sale so 40% might be as good as it'll get for a long time. Very tempted.
I played it on 360 and maxed it out (so to speak). It is merely ok in my opinion. What's annoying is that the fights are basically against yourself. Sure, there is an enemy on the side of the screen, but they don't actually do anything. IIRC if you fail to clear certain gems from the screen you will take damage, that's it.

Also of note, it starts out quite relaxed but then it gets to a point where you're punished for incorrect moves or something like that. I thought I was in for a pretty cruisy game however it turned into a pain in the arse.

mrgone

Oh god they've updated the times, it's 38 hours now :|

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPw-3e_pzqU

Oh yeah, Gyromancer! Bejeweled Twist seems like a much more interesting basis for a puzzle RPG than vanilla Bejeweled, I think, with the player having more control over what's going on. You're right about it never going on sale, too - I think Plants vs. Zombies is the only Popcap game that gets any sale love on the reg. I think I'd rather save the $6 for half of a Don't Starve pack and take my chances on someone having a bit of sense in the future. I'm probably going to be disappointed. But not in Don't Starve :)

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Thanks for the responses. I'll hold off on Gyromancer and instead make Don't Starve my impulse purchase. Thanks for reminding me of it mrgone, I've been meaning to buy it.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
...I don't know why I stayed up for this. I knew better. :|

Yooo anyone still need a copy of Grimrock? Nobody on my friends list does, apparently. Reply with a link to your Steam profile.

mrgone

More repeats and still no Dead Space and Test Drive Unlimited. Oh well, I guess they are still worth the current total price of $17.50.

I would hold off on Dead Space, at least. There's usually a promotional push of the old games when the new one comes out (which I think is early Feb.?).

Edit: Wait, $17.50 for all three? That actually doesn't seem too terrible. I think $5 each is the lowest the Dead Space games have ever been. Where are you finding that, anyways?

Dupy

"it is in giving that we receive"
Well I've been traveling and sick for the last 2 weeks so I missed all the deals over the break:/ Thankfully they extended the sale! I grabbed the Telltale pack because I'm in an adventure mood and of all the Walking Dead hype. Hope it's good.

Anyone want a copy of Walking Dead? I'm willing to gift a copy to the first 5 people to PM me.

Happy New Year to NeoGAF!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom