• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steins;Gate |OT| Name Subject to Change

Dunan

Well R;N Elite fixes story construction and had parts rewritten since people found the original version of the story unsatisfying and Elite is much better in that regard.

Also Chaos;Head is mostly getting into the mind of a delusional paranoid otaku who locks themselves away. It pulls off an oppressive atmosphere really well it's not S;G levels of good but I think it's worth checking out and you might catch a few things they referenced in S;G.

Delusional paranoid otaku? As in 'seriously', not Okarin's goofy-and-somehow-endearing-on-occasion paranoia?

Chaos;Head Dual (which includes the sequel, I think) is on sale for about Y5300 compared to the regular Y6300 price. Might just go for that and play these games in something resembling their release order. S;G was so amazing. If these others even come close, I'll be very happy. I'm still grooving on the OST and arranged album every day.

(Edit: Just pulled the trigger on the Chaos;Head dual pack. Close to $50, but for two games it should be worth it. Looking forward!)

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Delusional paranoid otaku? As in 'seriously', not Okarin's goofy-and-somehow-endearing-on-occasion paranoia?

Chaos;Head Dual (which includes the sequel, I think) is on sale for about Y5300 compared to the regular Y6300 price. Might just go for that and play these games in something resembling their release order. S;G was so amazing. If these others even come close, I'll be very happy. I'm still grooving on the OST and arranged album every day.

Yeah he seriously has problems and delusions are your choice element for this particular title.
Chaos;Head Dual contains Noah (updated version) and Love Chu Chu which as like it sounds is a fanservice fan-disk type deal. You'll have to get Chaos;Child separately in that case and it might be more on the expensive side since it's more recent.

Finally starting this today. Going in blind without a ending guide or whatever.

Good luck, hope you enjoy it.

You won't need a guide. The points at which the narrative branches out are easily noticeable, and don't happen until chapter 6 (although you'll need to make the right decisions at chapter 4 if you want to see the true ending, but I wouldn't worry about that until you've seen all the other endings beforehand).

If you're going to the platinum, make a save file at the start of every chapter. You'll make things a lot easier for yourself that way.

Yeah he seriously has problems and delusions are your choice element for this particular title.
Chaos;Head Dual contains Noah (updated version) and Love Chu Chu which as like it sounds is a fanservice fan-disk type deal. You'll have to get Chaos;Child separately in that case and it might be more on the expensive side since it's more recent.

Despite being a fan-disk, I've heard it's actually a canon sequel to Chaos;Head and some plot elements even carry over into Chaos;Child. Unlike the Steins;Gate one which is completely non-canon (unless you consider unobserved world lines canon, which I don't)

Dunan

Ooh, I thought "Dual" would mean that Child was included. Well, I'll just stick with it and if I like the original, I'll play that Chu Chu thing too. Something tells me that as a man in his 30s, that's going to be awkward to take on the train with me!

Dunan

Replying to my own post: Amazon.jp's speed is unreal. I bought this game at half past midnight, and in less than fifteen hours, it was at my door. No Prime or even priority shipping. I live in Tokyo, which is basically the focal point for the entire country, and I have one of those rare addresses that are plain easy-to-understand numbers with no dashes (sub-blocks), but still, the game had to get to my neighborhood and then to my building.

Wow, I'm impressed! Might as well start playing tonight! Is there an OT for this somewhat obscure game?

crimilde

Banned
Finished it last night (true ending). Oh my gawd, I haven't loved a game so much since VLR. :D

An awesome ride. Now, where's that Steins;Gate 0? :D

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Replying to my own post: Amazon.jp's speed is unreal. I bought this game at half past midnight, and in less than fifteen hours, it was at my door. No Prime or even priority shipping. I live in Tokyo, which is basically the focal point for the entire country, and I have one of those rare addresses that are plain easy-to-understand numbers with no dashes (sub-blocks), but still, the game had to get to my neighborhood and then to my building.

Wow, I'm impressed! Might as well start playing tonight! Is there an OT for this somewhat obscure game?

Don't believe so but there might be a new one when C;H Noah inevitably gets released here.

BTA

Do we know when the US physical copies will actually ship yet? Amazon still says the 31st instead of the 25th, but on my pre-order also acts like the date isn't completely determined yet. I'm still hoping it's the 25th; I want to get some time in before Ultra Despair Girls hits. :x

Do we know when the US physical copies will actually ship yet? Amazon still says the 31st instead of the 25th, but on my pre-order also acts like the date isn't completely determined yet. I'm still hoping it's the 25th; I want to get some time in before Ultra Despair Girls hits. :x
I was wondering the same thing. The trailer says the 25th but Amazon shows the 31st.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
FINALLY. Though damn, the day right before Danganronpa AE is released, & I've got the LE pre-ordered. Sept. is already going to be busy, might have to wait for it to go on sale or something.

ys45

Completed chapter 5 yesterday man, that scene where
Mayuri get shot
was hearth wrenching even more than the anime series.

I was also wondering if you can replay some chapter ? I did not do manual save for each chapter and I should have done that damn it .....

Completed chapter 5 yesterday man, that scene where
Mayuri get shot
was hearth wrenching even more than the anime series.

I was also wondering if you can replay some chapter ? I did not do manual save for each chapter and I should have done that damn it .....

Check your autosaves, the game should have one for the start of each chapter.

Chaos Child is the most praised in the series outside of S:G, so that might be something you want to get to eventually.

I'm only at the second chapter of C;C but I really hope the rest is as good as the first chapter, because it really feels good to be back to the C;H world setting.

I'm hyped for S;G 0 on PS4 now...I hope they strike the jackpot once again.
Which reminds me I still need to finish S;G Linear Bound Phenogram...I stopped because of time constraints but I'd like to finish it properly.

deoee

I'm not reading this thread until I finish the true ending.

But I just wanted to let you all know, that I finished the game on the Vita with
the Suzuha Ending
a few minutes ago and... whoooah.

I don't know what to say, the road to this ending took an interesting twist
when you get those dark impulses, dark feelings and want to rape and kill your friends...

I assume you can change the ending depending on how you answer to mails/answer calls etc?

Should I use a guide now or would you say it's better to get a few endings by myself before going by guide?

Edit: I loooove the pun in the OT name :D

baconcow

I am trying to figure out if this game is out in Canada, yet. It seems VGP says August 31, 2015 and that they are exclusive. Would it be better to wait for Steins;Gate 0 and get the free SG1 PS4 code? Seems Wiki is saying August, for NA. Guess I'll wait for the PS Vita edition.

I am trying to figure out if this game is out in Canada, yet. It seems VGP says August 31, 2015 and that they are exclusive. Would it be better to wait for Steins;Gate 0 and get the free SG1 PS4 code? Seems Wiki is saying August, for NA. Guess I'll wait for the PS Vita edition.
SG0 may never come West, there'd be no point in waiting for it.

Doubt this update will impact a whole bunch of folk, but I just received an e-mail from Rice Digital informing that the North American variant has been delayed by six days 'til August 31st. I didn't see any information in the thread pertaining to the adjustment so I thought I'd spread the word for those waiting around for their "El Psy Kongroo" edition.

zakujanai

I'm not reading this thread until I finish the true ending.

But I just wanted to let you all know, that I finished the game on the Vita with
the Suzuha Ending
a few minutes ago and... whoooah.

I don't know what to say, the road to this ending took an interesting twist
when you get those dark impulses, dark feelings and want to rape and kill your friends...

I assume you can change the ending depending on how you answer to mails/answer calls etc?

Should I use a guide now or would you say it's better to get a few endings by myself before going by guide?

Edit: I loooove the pun in the OT name :D

You only need a guide for the true ending. All the other branch points are really blatantly shoved in your face at the end of each of the last few chapters. I knew as soon as I got this ending what I needed to do to avoid it and carry on.

deoee

You only need a guide for the true ending. All the other branch points are really blatantly shoved in your face at the end of each of the last few chapters. I knew as soon as I got this ending what I needed to do to avoid it and carry on.

My problem was that I never thought I have to do something with the phone myself.
Like to avoid that ending, I need to send a mail, but I thought it's not MY decision but Rintaros ;D

Shizuka

Doubt this update will impact a whole bunch of folk, but I just received an e-mail from Rice Digital informing that the North American variant has been delayed by six days 'til August 31st. I didn't see any information in the thread pertaining to the adjustment so I thought I'd spread the word for those waiting around for their "El Psy Kongroo" edition.

It was known that the retail release was going to be August 31st, but I'm not sure where. It's still August, less than two weeks left now.

Ravage

Completed everything I wanted to achieve yesterday. All in all, it took me about 50hrs to see all 6 endings, get the platinum trophy and recount important story bits. Can't remember the last time I got so engrossed in a video game story.

This is definitely my GOTY so far.

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
I've been plugging away at this for a while, enjoying parts but largely finding the cast an irritation and a bulk of the conversation meaningless.

Then I got to the end of chapter five. Now I'm super excited to carry on.

BTA

FINALLY. Though damn, the day right before Danganronpa AE is released, & I've got the LE pre-ordered. Sept. is already going to be busy, might have to wait for it to go on sale or something.

Yeah, I'm a little annoyed it's right when UDG is coming out now; at this rate I'll probably wait to start till I finish that. Though with the classes I'm taking, I'll probably be playing this through October anyway, so I guess another week or so wait thanks to UDG isn't too much of a problem.

deoee

Just Platinumed this today and I have had much fun playing the game.
Can't wait to see the anime and hope for another game, cause I love the chars ;_;

So did PQube announce another game yet or what that some hoax?

This is the latest we've heard... a few weeks ago.

1QpFdhW.png

I finally decided to get this (was considering the boxed version, but I realized I was a crazy person and just got the digital download instead), and I'm around two/three hours in.

I've enjoyed the writing and characters for the most part, so far. Not wild about a couple of cast members, but I'm hoping that changes as I continue further. They've managed to seed a lot of events and personality traits/details that make me curious if I'm being paranoid or playing into their hands. The little messages you get on the phone are a fun aside. Though, it always makes me laugh imagining Rintaro stopping mid-conversation to reply.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Welp, think I'll be able to pre-order the Vita version now considering I have an income & sold a game to help pay for this.

Retail & Digital are the same price, correct? I just got the $25 in PSN credit from that Vita claim form thing, but I also have $23 in Amazon credit & would prefer retail.

Retail & Digital are the same price, correct? I just got the $25 in PSN credit from that Vita claim form thing, but I also have $23 in Amazon credit & would prefer retail.
Given the higher digital pricing in EU, it could go either way. Can't go wrong with retail, though.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Guess we'll find out tomorrow if digital will be less or the same as retail. Usually, digital is only cheaper if the only retail version available (i.e. some of Xseed's releases) give you some extra goodies like CDs or a book, but considering EU had different prices, it'll be interesting to see if it happens to the US as well.

ys45

Since I saw the anime series first do you guys recommend the true ending ?
I'm currently at chapter 10 I did other ending except for Kurisu and Mayurii and I will have to star over chapter 4 for Kurisu ending because I have like zero flags for her ending .

jonjonaug

Since I saw the anime series first do you guys recommend the true ending ?
I'm currently at chapter 10 I did other ending except for Kurisu and Mayurii and I will have to star over chapter 4 for Kurisu ending because I have like zero flags for her ending .

If you have zero flags for Kurisu you'll get Mayuri's ending, so may as well do that first. The true ending is just
Kurisu's ending plus everything after the fake credits roll. You'll have Kurisu's ending marked as completed if you clear the true ending, so there's no reason to do it twice.

Do we know why it came out here 2 months after it did in Europe? The originally thinking was that Sony US was making them fix some of the text alignment bugs. Was that case or are they still there?

Shizuka

Do we know why it came out here 2 months after it did in Europe? The originally thinking was that Sony US was making them fix some of the text alignment bugs. Was that case or are they still there?

PQube is an european publisher. Getting partners like Amazon and VGP+ to sign up for an exclusive release and getting the copies printed must've taken them quite some time.

Top Bottom