• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steins;Gate |OT| Rated M for MADDO SCIENTISTO

Jisgsaw

So, I completely missed the localisation anouncement.

Any good place to buy a physical copy from to Europe? The shipping costs at JBox are a tad excessive.

Guide says to choose the red southern cross to reply to faris email, but it won't let me choose anything.
If you can't reply it means you've already sent a reply usually. There's like two or three mais total where you don't need and can't answer, but that's not one of them.

CrazyDude

If you can't reply it means you've already sent a reply usually. There's like two or three mais total where you don't need and can't answer, but that's not one of them.

It's when I first go the email. Is there walk though out there that is not confusing? Like some of the stuff they say to choose are not there.

RedSwirl

So only the limited edition is out now? The standard and download editions come out on the 30th?

I'll see how I feel about this when I'm finished with Dark Souls 2.

Finally finished the game last night and got the true ending. Loved it!

Will be writing up a very positive review on my press site sometime within the new future for sure...

LiK

Just completed the game with all endings. LOVED IT. WOW, what an amazing story.

Btw, I really loved how one very important date is actually on my bday. Kinda made that day a bit more special to me whenever they mentioned it, lol

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
They're posting some CG sketches on their FB if anyone wants to give them a look!
https://www.facebook.com/steinsgateus
1424378_665497916844734_8883408068272773468_n.jpg

Zafir

Finally got my physical copy yesterday. Had to pay just under £12 in import fees. :( They marked down to 30 dollars but that's not enough. I don't think company's realise that the UK limit went down from 18 to 15 a few years back.

Finally got my physical copy yesterday. Had to pay just under £12 in import fees. :( They marked down to 30 dollars but that's not enough. I don't think company's realise that the UK limit went down from 18 to 15 a few years back.
Where did you order it?
The USPS shipping says it arrived in Italyo n the 14th but doesn't say anything else after that. Not sure if I should just wait or call the postal service and ask.

Zafir

Where did you order it?
The USPS shipping says it arrived in Italyo n the 14th but doesn't say anything else after that. Not sure if I should just wait or call the postal service and ask.
I ordered it from Jast USA's store. My tracking didn't even say it had got to the UK, just said it had left San Diego I think it was and then nothing.

Just finished watching the movie after playing the game. Not sure if the fact that I played the game before watching it, as opposed to watching the series beforehand, gave me a different experience but I think it added a lot of extra closure to it.
Even if it was a mirror image of the events and obstacles that Okabe went through in order to save Kurisu and Mayuri.

From what I've heard there's references to the game that doesn't happen in the anime...which I should probably try rewatching sometime. Especially since I dropped it midway during its simulcast to wait for the official English release of the VN.

cj_iwakura

Just finished watching the movie after playing the game. Not sure if the fact that I played the game before watching it, as opposed to watching the series beforehand, gave me a different experience but I think it added a lot of extra closure to it.
Even if it was a mirror image of the events and obstacles that Okabe went through in order to save Kurisu and Mayuri.

From what I've heard there's references to the game that doesn't happen in the anime...which I should probably try rewatching sometime. Especially since I dropped it midway during its simulcast to wait for the official English release of the VN.

It's mostly just one scene,
insane Nae screaming at Okabe with the knife.
That is what kills him in the future.

Acosta

Man...

Five endings so far, Kurisu one was really heartbreaking.

Ready for the true ending, wish me luck.

What a fantastic game, I'm really loving it but it makes me so sad. I'm getting afraid of what I'm going to get in the true ending...

Acosta

What an ending. Wow, just wow.

cj_iwakura said:
I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

You were right on the money, very surprised,

And Kurisu was such an amazing character... really great writing.

Woah, I was so hooked that had to start watching the anime just after the ending (but now I remember I couldn't stand Okarin at the beginning, lol, still, the congress with Kurisu was still hilarious even if it lacks all the detail of the game).

What an ending. Wow, just wow.

You were right on the money, very surprised,

And Kurisu was such an amazing character... really great writing.

Woah, I was so hooked that had to start watching the anime just after the ending (but now I remember I couldn't stand Okarin at the beginning, lol, still, the congress with Kurisu was still hilarious even if it lacks all the detail of the game).

I love Kurisu....not as much as Kyouko or kuroneko but she's allowed to join my personal army of WAIFUS :D...

But ya I loved the true ending. Easily the best VN I've played to date (and I've played a lot).

LiK

It was meant to be because of Steins Gate! El psy Kangroo.

HAHA, man, so cool. My bday being THE day in one of my fave games is really quite awesome. ^_^

Man...

Five endings so far, Kurisu one was really heartbreaking.

Ready for the true ending, wish me luck.

What a fantastic game, I'm really loving it but it makes me so sad. I'm getting afraid of what I'm going to get in the true ending...

the True Ending is quite simply one of the best endings in any video game.

btw, I'll admit that I cried in one very heartbreaking scene.
Okabe grieving that he accidentally killed Makise when they returned to the present.
The voice acting and music fucking got me. This hasn't happened in a video game for me in a very long time.

oh yeah forgot this was localized for real.

is there any eta on steam or is it probably a no-go?

What resolutions do this run at?

if i've seen the anime/movie is this still worth dabbling in?

cj_iwakura

They're working on it.

I only saw one?

YES. I let a friend borrow it who hates VNs and loved the show.
He was hooked instantly.

im not far in the game. Chapter 2 but you can tell there is a lot of differences between the game and anime. Like a lot of "oooooooo" moments.

LiK

im not far in the game. Chapter 2 but you can tell there is a lot of differences between the game and anime. Like a lot of "oooooooo" moments.

i've been watching some of the anime. they pretty much gloss over a lot of stuff that is explained way more clearly in the game (Makise's time travel lecture was a big one). i'm enjoying seeing the interactions in anime form but if i had watched the anime first, i might not have bothered finishing it.

Lain

I finally received my CE box! It's been in Italy since April 15, in a facility, and today it was at last delivered to me. I feel relieved.

I finally received my CE box! It's been in Italy since April 15, in a facility, and today it was at last delivered to me. I feel relieved.
I received it today too; mine arrived in Italy on the 14th and the traking hasn't been updated since. But who cares, it arrived and it is really cool! I have yet to see how the fanbook is.
The pins are amazing, and I really like the box too.

Aramiyo

Banned
Finally got my CE after a few weeks of waiting.

Had customs charges that were £3.60, no big deal. What was annoying was the £8 Royal Mail charged me for handling it.

SOLDIER

Started this game today, but I've got a problem where I get a black screen after sending a text to Daro in the Prologue. I haven't been able to find a solution online, please help.

Edit: solved by downloading divx player.

I didn't want to have to download some player I'll never use, but at least it solved the problem.

Danj

Started this game today, but I've got a problem where I get a black screen after sending a text to Daro in the Prologue. I haven't been able to find a solution online, please help.

I didn't want to have to download some player I'll never use, but at least it solved the problem.

The cutscenes are MPEG, which Windows should be able to play with its built in codecs. The most likely situation is that you had some codec pack installed like K-Lite or something which screwed up the video codec settings, preventing the game from playing the video. The DivX player just happened to fix that setting.

LiK

This issue will occur again everytime in other similar situations during the game. I had to exit and restart the game every time. Also had to reload which was a pain. I thought I had the right codec but apparently not. Wish I knew about the DIVX player issue earlier.

I finally got my copy of the game (it only took over a month for something I pre-ordered last year...).

So far, I'm loving it. I've gotten into Chapter 2, and it's a lot of fun. I love the science and the mysteries which have been set up so far, and the characters are all a lot of fun (especially Kurisu). I was finding Okabe pretty obnoxious at the start, but he's started to get a little more bearable even though he falls into shtick at points. I'm really curious to see where all of the seemingly disparate elements are going to lead to.

Top Bottom