• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steins;Gate |OT| Rated M for MADDO SCIENTISTO

Mine was shipped too! It's not yet trackable though. Also, I'm pretty sure I won't be able to track it once it goes out of the US, so I'll have to just wait.

For people who want more detailed information on the Steam negotiations than was ever given on Twitter, there's been a post on the JAST USA forums:

Shingo said:
We're very interested in getting Steins;Gate on Steam. Work is ongoing with our partners in Japan (Nitro+, 5pb., and MAGES.), to figure out terms by which all the stakeholders get what they want. It's a financial equation that has to be worth it for all involved and that seems to be the biggest question mark right now -- we have a powerful will to see S;G (and other all-ages titles) make it to Steam, so I'm optimistic that we'll have more news on this front in the not-too-distant future.

Garteal

For people who want more detailed information on the Steam negotiations than was ever given on Twitter, there's been a post on the JAST USA forums:
Thanks for the update. The moment it gets on Steam it's an instant buy for me.
Shame I can't get the LE... but that's just how it is.

Enjoy the game everyone who finally got it shipped!

Danj

If it gets on Steam I'll definitely double dip.

Also, seems the Steins;Gate wikia has an updated version of the walkthrough. I got the Faris ending on my first playthrough without walkthrough, so now I'm going to get the True Ending with it.

Hope it gets put on Steam. It's always great to see more visual novels on there and this is definitely one of the best I've played so far in terms of general ambiance (and I just hit chapter 5 last night).

daveo42

Banned
If it gets on Steam I'll definitely double dip.

Also, seems the Steins;Gate wikia has an updated version of the walkthrough. I got the Faris ending on my first playthrough without walkthrough, so now I'm going to get the True Ending with it.

Thanks for the heads up. I'm still only in chapter 3 right now, but this will be fantastic for subsequent playthroughs.

MrMooMoo

Got mine today, the pins are quite nice.
9eqjWVU.jpg

aravuus

Decided to start reading even though I'm in the middle of many other shows and games, and GoT continues soon, but we'll see how far I'll get

e: playing the other routes would feel.. wrong, in a way, so i think i'll just go with true ending for now. it's pretty much 1:1 in plot with the anime?

Danj

Decided to start reading even though I'm in the middle of many other shows and games, and GoT continues soon, but we'll see how far I'll get

e: playing the other routes would feel.. wrong, in a way, so i think i'll just go with true ending for now. it's pretty much 1:1 in plot with the anime?

Yeah the anime is the true ending, though there are scenes you can get along the way that aren't shown in the anime. Also it would be quite hard to get the true ending without a walkthrough so you'll probably want to use one of those.

Yeah the anime is the true ending, though there are scenes you can get along the way that aren't shown in the anime. Also it would be quite hard to get the true ending without a walkthrough so you'll probably want to use one of those.
I wanted to try and play "blindly", but I also wanted to get all the achievements, so I decided to use a guide.

aravuus

Yeah alright, thanks! Really interested in seeing all the scifi stuff in more detail. Anyone know how long the true route is for someone who reads somewhat fast/doesn't really listen to the voice acting and just skips dialogue? 25, 30 hours?

t26

Yeah alright, thanks! Really interested in seeing all the scifi stuff in more detail. Anyone know how long the true route is for someone who reads somewhat fast/doesn't really listen to the voice acting and just skips dialogue? 25, 30 hours?

It took me 34:40 to get every ending, but I took my time reading and listening to most dialogue.

upandaway

There's not that big of a difference in time between only going for the true route or going for all routes. I'd recommend to get all of them in the order they appear (that goes for everyone who posted that they want to do the true route).

I think 35 for everything is crazy though, it took me twice that. I know I'm slow but man.

aravuus

It took me 34:40 to get every ending, but I took my time reading and listening to most dialogue.

So I could probably do it in under 30 hours, sounds like a fine length

There's not that big of a difference in time between only going for the true route or going for all routes. I'd recommend to get all of them in the order they appear (that goes for everyone who posted that they want to do the true route).

I somehow thought it was one of those early branching stories, with dozens of hours of more content if I wanted every ending. Good news if it isn't, maybe I'll try to get some of the other endings too in that case but like I said, it's probably gonna feel weird lol

I'll stop asking questions and just keep reading now

My LE from Right Stuf arrived today as scheduled, though I was worried that it might not as USPS's tracking did not update. Half of the inner plastic holders in the jewel case had broken off, so I had to replace that with a half-size jewel case I use for my anime discs. Lucky no scratches are apparent on the disc.

The game is now installed and I plan to do a completely blind-run the first time through. I have watched the anime once, but I doubt that I will be able to achieve the true ending without a walkthrough. Still hoping to get the Suzuha ending first!

I finally heard something back from JAST support. I sent them an email (support@jastusa.com) on April 2 and after a few days with no response, I created a ticket on jlist (https://support.jlist.com/). JAST emailed me today to say "Your package is still in processing and should ship very soon. We apologize for the delay." I also got a message through the jlist support site that said "we still have very high order volume at the moment. Your order is in a batch to be processed in the next 5-7 business days."

I didn't expect to receive it on launch day, but I also didn't expect it to take up to 2 weeks just to ship.

Danj

Mine has apparently cleared customs but is now sitting in the UK Parcelforce National Hub since just before 2pm today. C'mon lazybones, get them lorries moving!

bobawesome

KuriGohan_and_Kamehameha can fuck right off

Why, because they're living in the real world?
1318521000711.gif

In other news, a friend of mine who loved the anime started playing the game earlier today. I received a message from him just now asking where the real game is at. I don't even...
I explained to him several times what a visual novel was and he insisted on ordering anyway.

In other news, a friend of mine who loved the anime started playing the game earlier today. I received a message from him just now asking where the real game is at. I don't even...
I explained to him several times what a visual novel was and he insisted on ordering anyway.

Not to mention the trailers and copious amounts of screenshots that JAST released...

daveo42

Banned
I must be on the slow side. Made it to 'that' part of the story. Still shocking even though I knew that it was coming. What a damn fine story.

Curious about where my story will end this first time through. Lots of Faris endings here.

This is a genre that I wish would come to next gen consoles. The hardware would in NO way help but would like to think that maybe the social aspects of the consoles might help them gain popularity with more mainstream gamers.

Mzo

The endings kind of cascade until the last two that require either some or all of the true ending flags.

Suzuha is the first split, just go back and take action at the end of the chapter instead of doing nothing to go on to the Faris split chapter, etc. No need to play the game again for every single one, that would be ridiculous.

You might have to start over again for all the achievements and true ending flags, though.

Those first three endings are more like bad endings that stop the story too early, like fucking up on any question in that scene near the end of Persona 4.

The endings kind of cascade until the last two that require either some or all of the true ending flags.

Suzuha is the first split, just go back and take action at the end of the chapter instead of doing nothing to go on to the Faris split chapter, etc. No need to play the game again for every single one, that would be ridiculous.

You might have to start over again for all the achievements and true ending flags, though.

Those first three endings are more like bad endings that stop the story too early, like fucking up on any question in that scene near the end of Persona 4.

Yah, that's what Faris' ending felt like. Ironic that in this game, ending up with a particular girl almost qualifies as a bad ending/route lol.

Top Bottom