• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steve Nash announces retirement

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkFlow

Banned
Fair point, though as a counterpoint I would like to present to you that I hate the Lakers :p.

There's no reason for Amare to be as bad as a defender as he is, that's on the coaching staff.
And while I generally agree that winning chips take luck, and a lot of times we write narratives after the fact (though that's part of the fun of sports if you ask me), but really, you don't think those Suns teams underachieved?
They never made the finals, only made the conference finals twice and got whooped pretty bad both times.
I don't know, what ifs are always problematic, but those teams had the tools, I honestly think with just slightly more focus on defense and dropping the SSOL bullshit (which would've made them pretty much a modern space and space team) would make Nash is retire with jewelry.
Da fuck you talking about. Both were drag out fights, and hinged on small plays most of the time.

Booshka

Perhaps will begin a second career as an attacking midfielder for the Vancouver Whitecaps.

Ya definitely, you don't need to be in peak athletic condition to compete in the MLS.

/s

Steve Nash would have probably been a great MLS player as well, but if he played now he would get ran over and shoved around in that league too.

The Pro Sports dream has ended unfortunately.

Fair point, though as a counterpoint I would like to present to you that I hate the Lakers :p.

There's no reason for Amare to be as bad as a defender as he is, that's on the coaching staff.
And while I generally agree that winning chips take luck, and a lot of times we write narratives after the fact (though that's part of the fun of sports if you ask me), but really, you don't think those Suns teams underachieved?
They never made the finals, only made the conference finals twice and got whooped pretty bad both times.
I don't know, what ifs are always problematic, but those teams had the tools, I honestly think with just slightly more focus on defense and dropping the SSOL bullshit (which would've made them pretty much a modern space and space team) would make Nash is retire with jewelry.

A fluke Ron Artest rebound and Joe Johnson tearing his cornea is getting whooped now?

Dude carried Channing Frye, Grant Hill, Jared Dudley, and Lou Amundson to a conference finals in a loaded west.

DEATH™

A fluke Ron Artest rebound and Joe Johnson tearing his cornea is getting whooped now?

Dude carried Channing Frye, Grant Hill, Jared Dudley, and Lou Amundson to a conference finals in a loaded west.

THIS.

For Steve Nash to literally carry/improve the team and act as a glue to clashing egos while dealing with always loaded western conference and all the BS in the league, while also dealing with a gimped back all this time... Dude deserves a ring...

Of course the Lakers fans will diss him but hey, it's the same guys who sang praises when the supposedly lakers "dream team" finally formed with kobe, nash and dwight...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom