• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stock-Age: Stocks, Options and Dividends oh my!

Chamath Palihapitiya is dropping red pills on CNBC, and they are not happy :messenger_tears_of_joy:

I'm not for regulation, but hedge funds are basically a pseudoeconomy. If individual people banding together to pump stocks is wrong and should be regulated, then hedge funds trying to bankrupt otherwise healthy economic actors should be regulated too.

Last edited:

haxan7

Banned
Chamath Palihapitiya is dropping red pills on CNBC, and they are not happy :messenger_tears_of_joy:

I'm not for regulation, but hedge funds are basically a pseudoeconomy. If individual people banding together to pump stocks is wrong and should be regulated, then hedge funds trying to bankrupt otherwise healthy economic actors should be regulated too.
live audio here. not sure how long he'll be on

He's owning the host so hard.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Playing safe. Dumped my Trivago for the third time for a +10% gain. Third time making money off it in two months. +40% combined.

It plays this $2.00 - 2.30 band lately. Dumped it now at $2.35. If it drops back to $2.00 - 2.10, I'm tempted to get back in.

Last edited:

Amory

Certainly not even 10% as gross as how hedge funds short the fuck out of companies and put them out of business at huge profits.

I think Nokia and Gamestop actually have future potential as companies. Not so sure about this AMC thing (but I bought in anyway!).
Is nokia even that shorted?

I know basically nothing about the stock other than the meme status

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Question how much did it cost to take out the loan? I think they call it an origination fee? Also when you take out the loan is that amount removed from the 401k? They would have to liquidate those mutual funds to cash it out.

Only like $20 or something. It wasn't much at all. That's the fee mind you. And yes, that amount is removed from the 401k. I pay it back with interest, but it's all going into the 401k so I win either way.
Lol disclaimer nothing in this thread is financial advice. :)

EXPR and GME lol.

Dang it. I missed EXPR.

Playing safe. Dumped my Trivago for the third time for a +10% gain. Third time making money off it in two months. +40% combined.

It plays this $2.00 - 2.30 band lately. Dumped it now at $2.35. If it drops back to $2.00 - 2.10, I'm tempted to get back in.

How long has it been doing this "banding" for you?

mckmas8808

No it's not that shorted at all. I see a positive % short float for Nokia. Which is the opposite of these YOLO sharing stocks. From my understanding anything over a negative 20% short float is bad for hedge funds that short a stock. For example GME is at 140% short floated, BBBY is 67% short floated, and AMC is at 69% short floated.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Oh, god, the talking head is getting destroyed.

"I'm sure that will play well on Twitter."

The guy is a fucking clown, pretending like he just wants to protect the little people from their own ignorance.

I had never heard of this Chamath chap before, but what he is saying sure resonates with me. Definitely going to follow him on Twitter.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member

No idea, but when the stock is at $4 ~ $5 and it feels like the company has potential, I don't mind taking a gamble of a few hundred shares based off some autist's rantings on the Internet.

ManofOne

Plus Member
Thank you short squeezers. I think CAKE could go higher on this mania but I’m taking my 220% profit and going away

sKwjrXv.jpg

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
ok, Im going in.

Bought AMC and Blackberry. $1k total.

What else is cheap. I figured i am not getting these 30 series graphics cards anytime soon so i am willing to invest another $700 on a stock like this. I am not on reddit so hoping you guys can clue me in.

mckmas8808

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
What is a Trivago? Haha, I love seeing all these crazy stocks just having meteoric rises.

mckmas8808

The guy is a fucking clown, pretending like he just wants to protect the little people from their own ignorance.

I had never heard of this Chamath chap before, but what he is saying sure resonates with me. Definitely going to follow him on Twitter.

He's the current owner of the Golden State Warriors NBA team. Plus he's an executive for Virgin Galactic Space.

haxan7

Banned
I woke up yesterday with the intent of sinking a bunch into AMC then got swept up in GameStop and blackberry. Didn’t buy any AMC. Could have been up 3x already.

HoodWinked

Bought AMC at $4.81 (200 shares) and dumped at $16.60, but I'm back in at $13.40!!

I really don't believe in this stock, but I couldn't resist.
nice, i was watching the ticker and was a second away from buying in right there. great timing on the bottom.

dm3qLv3.png

Top Bottom