• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stock-Age: Stocks, Options and Dividends oh my!

ManofOne

Plus Member
Anybody realize CAKE is going through a short squeeze right now?

are they targeting companies will the highest short bets

Besides all of my complaints, today has been a good day. I sold AHT in the morning for $55 and then bought 200 shares right after and just sold again for $65. I also sold my 500 shares of NAKD for $70, the stock is up more than 30% today. Right now I'm holding ITP, SNPW and TSCRF.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Fuck, my KNDI might be riding the anti-short train. +12% from $8.80 to $10. Hyped. If this hits $20 or more, I'll be pumped!

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Cant believe GME is still going like this. Every time it sinks, I think it'll crash and burn, but then it rebounds. It will bomb out at some point, but just a matter of when.

finowns

Cant believe GME is still going like this. Every time it sinks, I think it'll crash and burn, but then it rebounds. It will bomb out at some point, but just a matter of when.
GameStop is a terrible business. That said I was looking at the portfolio of a big hedge fund guy and it was 10% GME and I remember being like this guy is an idiot...

ManofOne

Plus Member
vKU1cgJ.jpg

My low volatility portfolio pretty flat today. MSFT while up is taking a beating from my other positions which have an near equal rating. Good thing my bonds are up.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Holy shit at NOK. I jumped it at 400 shares yesterday and it's going nuts. Going to be fun to see where this one goes.

I bought a bunch of PLTR at their IPO for like $10, but pussied out when they hit $25 then dropped to $20 or something. My hands are made of paper!

Still, I got a family and I can't YOLO too hard.
Funny, $25 is my average. I figured this was just a forever hold stonk

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
This market is getting too weird. Dow down big, but all these anti-short stocks are way up.

There will be a big correction. Just a matter of when, and if any of us get out before it burns to the ground.

I'm going to hold NOK for now, with a quick trigger finger if it takes a dump back to $5.

Looks like NOK is halted! Either it's going zoom or take a dump after unhalt.

Edit: Unhalted. Taking a dump.

Some sketchy shit happened. If Yahoo is correct, the past 15 minutes had sporadic trading a few minutes apart driving up the price. A stock like NOK should be actively trading every minute.

Last edited:
The GME rocket looks like it’s taking off.

just went from 350 to 370

Y3IOetC.png

Power to the players! Gamers rise up!

This has amazing meme potential. Imagine if these guys start going after other hedge funds - it's fantastic seeing them get what was coming to them. Not so fun when what they've done to other people finally happens to them.

This market is getting too weird. Dow down big, but all these anti-short stocks are way up.

There will be a big correction. Just a matter of when, and if any of us get out before it burns to the ground.

I'm going to hold NOK for now, with a quick trigger finger if it takes a dump back to $5.

I got out completely after the 1/6 riots. Between that instability and the active damage Biden is doing to the economy, now is cash time. I've got the same feeling I got before the market tanked from COVID last year.

Last edited:
TD Ameritrade is restricting trade on GME and AMC. Big money doesn't like it when people organize against them. Shitheads.
They also seem to be putting a hold on new funds. They’ve never done this to me before. They’re freezing funds to either protect retail from doing something stupid or protect funds from people loading up with more dry powder.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Went ahead and dropped $1000 into Nokia about an hour ago @ $5.50 a share.

I think this is all ridiculous and kinda gross, but hey YOLO and all that.

Certainly not even 10% as gross as how hedge funds short the fuck out of companies and put them out of business at huge profits.

I think Nokia and Gamestop actually have future potential as companies. Not so sure about this AMC thing (but I bought in anyway!).

Top Bottom