• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stock-Age: Stocks, Options and Dividends oh my!

finowns

Also never play with the misery of others again. I think the real fucked up think is to speculate which ones are going down and get money from it....
Well the reason I want AMC to go down is I bet it to slowly increase in value and I want to keep my shares. My position is at $3.95. I’ll profit not matter what but I’ll make 250 instead of 2500.

Michael Burry Calls GameStop Rally ‘Unnatural, Insane’​

source.gif

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Omg don’t go for amc it was about to go bankrupt two weeks ago!! God dammit!
they sold a bunch of stock this morning. they are gonna be fine for the rest of the year.

people are not going to stop watching movies at the theaters.

besides, this is the kind of stock you want to buy and sell in a few days.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
TD Ameritrade are COWARDS
tbh, they know whats coming. you dont want to allow the little guy to guy something that we know is fake. yes, it might go up to $1000, but unlike Tesla, Gamestop has no plan, no strategy, no product that will define the next decade.

they are protecting buyers from a crash that could happen any minute. this isnt a bad thing. or even a cowardly one. its the responsible thing to do.

finowns

they sold a bunch of stock this morning. they are gonna be fine for the rest of the year.

people are not going to stop watching movies at the theaters.

besides, this is the kind of stock you want to buy and sell in a few days.
They got a billion dollar investment. And I agree completely I’m in AMC and CNK but just wait until after Friday so I can get on this train as well and then buy all you want.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
tbh, they know whats coming. you dont want to allow the little guy to guy something that we know is fake. yes, it might go up to $1000, but unlike Tesla, Gamestop has no plan, no strategy, no product that will define the next decade.

they are protecting buyers from a crash that could happen any minute. this isnt a bad thing. or even a cowardly one. its the responsible thing to do.
That is a good point. My bank set my retirement trading accounts so I can't buy US OTC penny stock shit. Has to be Dow or Nasdaq.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Ah shit, got a warning that I might be marked as a day trader from Robinhood. Account only at $18k and don't want to put in enough to hit $25k to remove the restriction.

What a goofy fucking restriction, though. I guess they put it in place when tons of people got into day trading during the original dot com bubble in 2000.

mango drank

Ah shit, got a warning that I might be marked as a day trader from Robinhood. Account only at $18k and don't want to put in enough to hit $25k to remove the restriction.

What a goofy fucking restriction, though. I guess they put it in place when tons of people got into day trading during the original dot com bubble in 2000.
If you're going to be buying and selling same-day for at least 4 out of 5 days in a week, yeah, you'll get labeled as a day trader. And you'll usually need more than $25k in your account.

I have a feeling a lot of people in here are going to be getting this warning, lol.

I'm looking at data on stocks like these: https://www.highshortinterest.com/
The high short interest stocks are short-term bullish AF. Medium to long term, I don't know and anyone who tries to tell me how this all plays out is full of shit.

An old, well known quote: "The trend is your friend until the end, when it bends."
DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH.

I am not a financial advisor, this is not financial advice and should not be interpreted as such.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
If you're going to be buying and selling same-day for at least 4 out of 5 days in a week, yeah, you'll get labeled as a day trader. And you'll usually need more than $25k in your account.

I have a feeling a lot of people in here are going to be getting this warning, lol.

Yep, seeing lots of similar posts on Reddit, haha. We're all a bunch of idiots.

What a strange rule, though.

*Nightwing

Banned

I mean no offense to you personally but this is such a condescending take that I can't help but think it is complete and total BS
what happened to individual responsibility? what happened to earning from risk? they are only protecting Wall Street not their actual clients. Oh and look at their largest owner is one of the Wall Street Elites. they are only p[protecting their own short selling and I can't understand how this isn't super transparent

Last edited:
I mean no offense to you personally but this is such a condescending take that I can't help but think it is complete and total BS
what happened to individual responsibility? what happened to earning from risk? they are only protecting Wall Street not their actual clients. Oh and look at their largest owner is one of the Wall Street Elites. they are only p[protecting their own short selling and I can't understand how this isn't super transparent
Chamath essentially said the same thing as you

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member

Are you trying to tell me the Funko pops and esports plays aren't going to define the next decade?! We shall see, sir!

Top Bottom