• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stock-Age: Stocks, Options and Dividends oh my!

AMC technicals showing potential.
So I just bought $100,000 worth of stock in AMC. These cunts better pull through.

I never done anything like this before.
tenor.gif

0neAnd0nly

So let’s say I never have invested in a stock, and am completely green.

if I wanted to throw around $500 today (is that a laughable number?) can anyone give me a super-simple guide to do such and who to go with? Like, let’s say I don’t even know how to buy shares or whatever.

Dunki

Sell if it goes down tomm. The amount invested is a fraction of my portofolio. I only invested this much b/c I have the capital for it. However, I will donate the funds to my church thou and promise never to do it again.
if you want to be a good guy youz better help fin out as well if you mank a bank XD

finowns

Wait you're account is in a margin (if you're negative). Careful there man.
? I sold a call at 6.50. I’m only on the hook for the 100 shares selling for 650 instead of the actual price of 2000 or whatever it ends up being. Also I sold all my Bitcoin at 11,000 I’m out like $4000 this year.

Last edited:

ManofOne

Plus Member
? I sold a call at 6.50. I’m only on the hook for the 100 shares selling for 650 instead of the actual price of 2000 or whatever it ends up being. Also I sold all my Bitcoin at 11,000 I’m out like 4000 grand this year.

You have negative equity i'm seeing there. Maybe i'm wrong and you're balance is positive. Just letting you know be careful you don't get called for a margin call.

ManofOne

Plus Member

U.S. state regulator says GameStop trading could be 'systemically wrong': Barron's​

“This is certainly on my radar,” William Galvin, secretary of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, told the magazine. “I’m concerned because it suggests that there is something systemically wrong with the options trading on this stock.”

GameStop and the office of the securities regulator in Massachusetts did not immediately respond to Reuters’ request for comment outside business hours.

The stock surged 50% in extended trade after Musk tweeted “Gamestonk!!”, along with a link to Reddit’s Wallstreetbets stock trading discussion group. “Stonks” is a tongue-in-cheek term for stocks widely used on social media.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I have no idea what is involved with buying/selling "calls." Such a foreign concept to me.

I feel like every time I get my head wrapped around one investing concept, I discover 10 more that make zero sense, or use confusing language.

finowns

You have negative equity i'm seeing there. Maybe i'm wrong and you're balance is positive. Just letting you know be careful you don't get called for a margin call.
That’s the difference between my contract to sell 100 shares at 6.50 and the actual price of the stock 100 x 16.50. I hope, now you got me freaked out.

Last edited:

mid83

I’m not really a populist, but it’s amazing how this whole thing proves that the rules only apply for the little guy.

Hedge funds involve themselves in all sorts of shenanigans in the interest of making a buck. If they ruin companies along the way, nobody cares.

Now that a hoard of “normal people” are giving it to hedge funds, who made a risky play to begin with, all the talking heads in the media are yelling and screaming about rules and regulation.

I bet we see regulation against retail investors and potentially limiting or straight up banning of speech on places like Reddit regarding stock trades over this incident.

ManofOne

Plus Member
OOOO you cunts. I had an average price of $16.39 sorry and I sold at $15.65 ($50,000 worth) and now its $18.00. OOOO you suns of a beaches.

I'm not doing this shit again. This is why I love value investing.

Last edited:
I’m not really a populist, but it’s amazing how this whole thing proves that the rules only apply for the little guy.

Hedge funds involve themselves in all sorts of shenanigans in the interest of making a buck. If they ruin companies along the way, nobody cares.

Now that a hoard of “normal people” are giving it to hedge funds, who made a risky play to begin with, all the talking heads in the media are yelling and screaming about rules and regulation.

I bet we see regulation against retail investors and potentially limiting or straight up banning of speech on places like Reddit regarding stock trades over this incident.

If they did that, it will just go to the dark web. It would be against the 1st Amendment anyway.

mango drank

I'd probably get in on this madness for the lulz, but I literally just funded my first trading account and the money isn't settled yet. I can buy but can't sell. And I don't have any market money in my Vanguard account. I was going to buy some iRobot yesterday unironically, but surprise-surprise, it had been meme'd too.

haxan7

Banned
I'd probably get in on this madness for the lulz, but I literally just funded my first trading account and the money isn't settled yet. I can buy but can't sell. And I don't have any market money in my Vanguard account. I was going to buy some iRobot yesterday unironically, but surprise-surprise, it had been meme'd too.
I wouldn’t go anywhere near GameStop if you can’t sell.

Dunki

Go for AMC

It is at 19 NOW XD

Last edited:

mango drank

I'm not, I'll probably buy some of those other stocks that are now on sale as a result of the hedge funds selling them off. But I'll probably wait on those too. It's earnings season, and people who bought in early on high expectations will sell off today / tomorrow, so prices will keep going down.

ManofOne

Plus Member
I hope this shit continues. If yall don't realize, large cap is taking a beating today. So large cap was due for a correction. Now is a goodtime to be checking which companies have oversold.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I hope this shit continues. If yall don't realize, large cap is taking a beating today. So large cap was due for a correction. Now is a goodtime to be checking which companies have oversold.
Ya. These GME and AMCs will fizzle out at some point but as long as the reddit community keeps it going rotating stocks and were all in the know, this can go on for a while.

My bro just told me KOSS is up big. It is. Crazy.

He gave me some penny stock tips. SNDL and NAKD.

finowns

Ya. These GME and AMCs will fizzle out at some point but as long as the reddit community keeps it going rotating stocks and were all in the know, this can go on for a while.

My bro just told me KOSS is up big. It is. Crazy.

He gave me some penny stock tips. SNDL and NAKD.
Yea I’ve decided to keep a close eye on wsb. Bastards

Top Bottom