• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stock-Age: Stocks, Options and Dividends oh my!

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I decided to pull out at $360 this morning and lock in around $10k total gains for this week. I have lost complete confidence in Robinhood to be honest and am eager to get my money out of them ASAP.

I've got a Vanguard brokerage account set up and may get back on the rocket ship next week depending on how Monday morning goes, but I am honestly quite discouraged by the situation since Wednesday. I do not think the big players are going to let one of their own eat shit if they don't have to. The rich hate losing to the poor more than anything.

Last edited by a moderator:

finowns

Why am I agreeing with Tucker and Greenwald? Ewwwww, but they are so right.

So about AAPL....got beat up bad.

How much did you buy them for?

I was in AMC at 3.95 for a long time but I made a bet that it’s price would stay under 6.50. Well as you know it didn’t and it shot up, but because of my bet I’m now forced to sell my 100 shares @ 6.50 instead of 100 shares at 13.50 or whatever it’s trading at. 😭😭

Last edited:

ManofOne

Plus Member
ya7CYiN.jpg
EZeFIcJ.jpg

2p9epX1.jpg

finowns

I decided to pull out at $360 this morning and lock in around $10k total gains for this week. I have lost complete confidence in Robinhood to be honest and am eager to get my money out of them ASAP.

I've got a Vanguard brokerage account set up and may get back on the rocket ship next week depending on how Monday morning goes, but I am honestly quite discouraged by the situation since Wednesday. I do not think the big players are going to let one of their own eat shit if they don't have to. The rich hate losing to the poor more than anything.

Im thinking about this too. Although I really like rh’s ui.

ManofOne

Plus Member
Because this does not work since there are millions and millions of small shareholders who pressed the price not hedgefunds

HUH? You asked for the source on the top shareholders and I gave it to you. The people running the company don't even own it. Ya'll sure you're investors or speculators?

Come on man. Not trying to be a prick here.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Im thinking about this too. Although I really like rh’s ui.

Good UI is meaningless if you know you can't trust them.

They also have constant server issues. I've forgiven them over the past for it because I didn't really care that much and wasn't playing with fast moving stocks, but this whole situation just highlighted how fucked up their service is to me in so many ways. A slick coat of paint isn't enough to justify using them for me.

finowns

I can't buy anymore DOGECOINS. RH is saying....

Not Enough Buying Power​

You don’t have enough buying power to place this order. Funds from recent stock, ETF, and option sales will be available for buying crypto within 3 business days.

I wanted to place $25 in DOGE and I have $175 in buying power. So what is RH doing here?
Maybe the deposit from your bank account hasn’t cleared?

Dunki

HUH? You asked for the source on the top shareholders and I gave it to you. The people running the company don't even own it. Ya'll sure you're investors or speculators?

Come on man. Not trying to be a prick here.
I am arguing how this did almost nothing so far. Except you only see this affect on Monday. So far even after hours it has not dropped much.

And NO I am not an investor I am even a noob regarding stocks since I amwatching this since only a few days. Again If I look at the current value this has not done much.

So will this only come in effect on Monday? Or did it do nothing at all?

328.24+134.64 (+69.55%)
At close: 3:59PM EST

315.76 -9.24 (-2.84%)
After hours: 4:22PM EST

So is this included in yoour news?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member

OK... where did this come from and why weren't people pointing to this up until now when talking about Melvin and their short position?

I'm not going to just trust that thing at face value (and that's ignoring about the history of funds simply lying about their short positions).

Also, don't you not even need to declare your short positions until like the following quarter you made them? I don't know, but I remember reading something like that.

Last edited by a moderator:

SpartanN92

Banned

You and I are in nearly identical positions. I pulled out at $10k profit yesterday ($341 per share) and it’s 100% because I lost trust in Robinhood.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
My only advice to anyone who is looking to get in at this point is to stay the fuck away from Robinhood.

Fidelity, Vanguard, and some others never restricted their customer's freedom to buy. Look into those even if you don't like their UIs. They also might take a few days to let you open up an account, but you can't put a price on trust.

ManofOne

Plus Member
Not sure what you're seeing, but either way, that tweet was hours old and it would make sense that some of that short interest was fulfilled throughout the day.

i think it was the same yesterday too. When I checked can someone confirm on their terminal ?

mango drank

If I'd started and funded my Fidelity trading account a week earlier, I might have jumped in on GME a couple days ago and sold just now, making a nice profit. But next week is probably going to be too late: a nothingburger as people slowly dump their meme stocks.

Makes me think I should start a crypto account and just hang tight too. Too late for doge now.

Fortune favors the prepared.

We have hedgefunds and billionaires from the CCP, and banks joining and people still think this is about people fighting wall st when the biggest opponent of Reddit was melvin capital? A nobody?

I mentioned this is another thread, but millions of call options have expired or been sold today and those people are gone on monday. They can't be replaced because before close the lowest stock option was pretty high in price for next week, and after close options can't be brought.

Also a lot of people who you wouldn't expect support the "people" are doing so and it's getting some nice but maybe too much media coverage. There are way too many red flags to think that this si real. So far it just seems to be people fomoing (fear of missing out) trying to get in on GME for money but oif GME can't go back to say the high $400 range it was at before and keeps going down we are going to see a lot of people in debt.

Every thing here is suspicious if you want my take on it. But hey if you can make some money on it and get out nothing wrong with that.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
stages_bubble.png

Looking at GME's chart we seem to be at the "New Paradigm" phase.

No, given the current situation, we would be in the return to "normal." The "New Paradigm" was the high 400s (or when it broke 500 pre-market).

Then again, this situation is anything but normal. I think next week could still see a huge, huge surge of new retail investors after the news circulates over the weekend about the potential opportunity. Potentially millions of people who wanted to get in the last two days also got blocked by the likes of Robinhood and are possibly turning to alternatives.

We'll see!

Top Bottom