• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stock Market in Asia in free fall, multiple gaming companies affected

Thick Thighs Save Lives

NeoGAF's Physical Games Advocate Extraordinaire
From the other thread I've posted about this.

YNFGwkB.png

Btw, the yen is strengthening fast so if you guys are planning on importing stuff like physical games, figures, etc. I'd do it sooner rather than later.

The yen strengthened to the 141 level to the dollar Monday, a seven-month high. It had appreciated to the mid-146 level from the higher end of the 148 level in New York trading Friday. That came after a weaker-than-expected July U.S. jobs report stoked recession worries and raised questions about whether the Federal Reserve should have cut rates at its July meeting.

GUMH7TVaYAAvc9H

StereoVsn

From the other thread I've posted about this.

YNFGwkB.png

Btw, the yen is strengthening fast so if you guys are planning on importing stuff like physical games, figures, etc. I'd do it sooner rather than later.

GUMH7TVaYAAvc9H
Yeah, that’s a very good point, need to get a few things from Amazon JP that I keep putting off.

Also, I should have gone to JP to vacation this June instead doing another beach trip! 😓

Skifi28

Who do I kill if Capcom is affected? Daddy wants his next MH a masterpiece and on time.

Last edited:

StereoVsn

Now could be a good time to buy some stocks in companies like Nvidia and Nintendo, right? Before Nintendo announce the new console and Nvidia announce the Rtx 50-series.
It’s going to go lower I would say, but you never know.

BoJ f-d up by raising I think and Fed f-d up by not cutting in July.

StereoVsn

Might be a good time to buy the Nvidia dip, or everything could keep crashing.
Yeah, this is a huge question mark right now. It could be just a scare for a few weeks.

On the other hand we could go down even more and with Presidential election upcoming who knows what happens. And job market is down quite a bit.

Thick Thighs Save Lives

NeoGAF's Physical Games Advocate Extraordinaire
Yeah, that’s a very good point, need to get a few things from Amazon JP that I keep putting off.

Also, I should have gone to JP to vacation this June instead doing another beach trip! 😓
Yup. I placed an order a couple of days ago and today another one on Amazon JP. I still have 3-4 physical games I want to get, including a couple of pre-orders.

EopiR5i.png

F0enYK9.png

DryvBy

I was just saying this last night to some friends. I cant get into my Fidelity accounts and last week there was a talk of recession.

There's constantly been talks about a recession, so why now? I swear every fucking thing has been blamed for this except aliens right now.

winjer

Gold Member
Explain me like I'm five plz

Japan had very low interest rates. So lot of companies and investors borrowed in yens and then invested in currencies with high interest rates. But now Japan has increased its interest rates, so this strategy no longer works. Now companies and people with money stuck in this strategy are bound to gain less money or even lose money.

Top Bottom