• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stock Market in Asia in free fall, multiple gaming companies affected

ReyBrujo

Gold Member
Yes, this has all happened before, they never learn.
No, it's not that they never learn. It's greed, it's getting money with low risk even if you are fucking a country's economy at the same time, and they will do it again next time. Borrowing at 1%, buying US bonds paying 4-5% is tempting. The thing is, most of them probably were leaving before interest rates rose.

Unknown?

Rates were at 1.5 to 1.75 because .75 got cut in 2019 due to tariff spat with China.

The reason they went to 0 is obvious.
Of course, the point is that lowering interest rates doesn't solve any problems and really causes more problems being artificially low and it won't always work.

As far as talk about a recession for a few years, no one can accurately predict that but many can see the problems with the financial markets. After 2007, people are wise to the nonsense of the mainstream economists and economic data that misrepresents what is actually happening.

Putonahappyface

Gold Member
Time to fire up the acquisition spree, Phil.
sYbusMC.gif

simpatico

Gold Member
Hope you boys have a nice supply of stimpacks and 10mm ammo. Shit is going to get hairier than we can possibly imagine. Might even want to stock a few phoenix downs.

It's insane how this talk about the "recession" has been going for 2 years. Yet in America it hadn't happened. We got our soft landing. Now it's up to the FED to follow through on their part and now slowly lower interest rates.
I understand the theory. But, in practice how will the US avoid negative real rates?

ProtoByte

Weeb Underling
i love how all these tech companies laid off thousands of workers despite posting billions in profits to appease shareholders and keep their inflated share prices inflated. But then this happens and their shares have tanked anyway.

well done you dumb cunts. now you are short employees and your products will suffer.
I'm going tonkeep brigading against you on this Slimy, because it's not correct. These companies had too many employees. They needed leaning.

Edmund

I'm just investing in blue chips for dividends. I'm not going to put any money in speculative stocks.

I'm in Singapore and lots of stocks are in free fall.

Last edited:

StereoVsn

I'm just investing in blue chips for dividends. I'm not going to put any money in speculative stocks.

I'm in Singapore and lots of stocks are in free fall.
As long as you don’t do stupid stuff like going knee deep into just a handful of stocks or heavy options/shorts (unless you really know what you are doing), it’s going to be ok and markets will recover over long term.

Well, unless Middle-East really hits the fan or Xi decides to invade Taiwan. Latter was one reason I was rooting for Intel (and TSMC) fabs in US. Not that fabs alone solve everything, but it’s a start.

Last edited:

TransTrender

Gold Member
Thanks for this. I like to import JDM fishing gear because it is a lot cheaper than US prices.
Sorry for the thread bump, but as an angler myself, I'm curious to hear more about JDM fishing gear.
Is this mostly salt rods and reels, or does this also apply for fresh water stuff and fly?

Top Bottom