• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike Online Edition |OT| Let's fight like gentlemen!

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
El Sloth said:
He brings up some decent points, but to say leaving 3S the same is stifling progress is ridiculous. I'd love a re-balance myself, but it's not like it would move the genre forward if it did.
Yeah leaving games the same is a horrible thing, that's why we got SSF4AE..... bleh -.-

Zabka

DjangoReinhardt said:
The problem with rebalancing decade-old competitive games is that it's chasing unicorns. People who've been playing 10+ years mostly don't want to re-learn it and the elusive new fans probably have reasons unrelated to balance why they aren't playing that ten-year-old game, anyway. Dhalsim players were furious at what Capcom did to him in AE and that's only nine months between iterations - imagine how people who spent a decade would feel.
What if they just futzed around with the super bars? No changes to move properties.

XLant

Neo Member
QisTopTier said:
Wow. That can't possibly be unintentional...
KAL2006 said:
So this is releasing tommorow, I hope this game sells well then maybe Capcom would consider making an online edition of my favourite 2D fighter Capcom VS SNK 2
I'd buy a digital release of Alpha 2/Zero 2 instantly, but that's even more unlikely than what you're asking for. I'm probably in the minority on this, but until New Generation it was THE defining Street Fighter experience.

Just a heads up, the demo from the JP PS Store is completely in english when you play it on a US PSN account. The HUD looks so crisp, and usually I hate the "smoothed" filter in most games but in this it looks okay. The demo has a few of the basic parry trials in it too.

CAN'T WAIT FOR THE US RELEASE NOW :D

QisTopTier said:
Yeah leaving games the same is a horrible thing, that's why we got SSF4AE..... bleh -.-

Apples and oranges. You can't grow the audience for a decade-old game with a mature community with mere balance changes. AE grows a white-hot property with new characters on top of balance changes.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Ill be getting to all the chat room request later tonight or in the morning. Had some complications with losing and replacing a tv.

-Mikey-

Could I just use my CC to buy the game from the Japanese store?

I put in my info but backed out because I'm not sure if it would work.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Riposte said:
3S magically becomes more balanced with Japanese players (especially in the Game Spot League).
Knowing how to parry and set stuff up does that to the game. :p Parries are the universal safety net of game balance. At least for this game it is

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Matts Legacy said:
For anyone interested the remixed music is out to listen here.

3rd Strike Online Remixed Music

They should of never touched the awesome soundtrack....*shivers*

The incredible whinging over the remixes on youtube etc, is silly. The OG soundtrack is there. Everybody can pick the music they prefer - options are good, etc.

simtmb

Just had a go of the demo and i'm liking it a lot and the demo content is surprisingly solid. Three characters available, and even some challenges/trials to do which is nice.

Running it in arcade cab view with no filters is the way to go for me xD.

I'm so tempted just to buy it with my remaining yen as i'm really loving it, but i have it pre-ordered on another account already, so now to wait on AUS PSN to update.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
BTW the songs that are uploaded should only be the round 1 versions of them as he recorded them directly. Also oro/sean's remixed song SOUNDS AMAZING :3 HATERS CAN SUCK IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT :D

QisTopTier said:
BTW the songs that are uploaded should only be the round 1 versions of them as he recorded them directly. Also oro/sean's remixed song SOUNDS AMAZING :3 HATERS CAN SUCK IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT :D

you can do stage specific selections for remix/original right? I think imma keep the og tracks for the most part with a few remixes here and there

Also plz send my hatin ass an invite ;)

Mengetsu

abstract alien said:
Had no idea a demo was available on the jap store, thanks. Let me check it out...

Ah, thats the song from the trailer right? Love that shit...didn't know it was in the game.

Yes it is. I will have it as my menu music forever. Hell I might have it as my character select also!

QisTopTier said:

Haha! Yea it should be. I shouldn't judge them till i hear the 2nd and 3rd rounds as well.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
FindMyFarms said:
you can do stage specific selections for remix/original right? I think imma keep the og tracks for the most part with a few remixes here and there

Also plz send my hatin ass an invite ;)
Yeah you can set shit up how you want it.

I gotta wrap up the invites in the morning my roommates baby daughter is sleeping and I don't want to make any loud noises setting stuff up in the living room right now. *no tv in my room currently*

Q is not my main btw :D If people beat the shit out of my Q I'll expose my real main for ass stomping goodness :3

My god this is amazing. Fucking amazing. These basic parry trials are kicking my ass. Good times lol

Edit: GGPO delay...what is it exactly?

El Sloth

Banned
QisTopTier said:
Agreed. After listening to the old track again I think it's the better version.

redmodel

Neo Member
Downloaded the demo, pretty nice features.

What's the point of the widescreen option? As far as I can tell, it's only slightly narrower than fullscreen stretch. I thought it'd only be the background stretched, nope. The whole thing is.

I like it at normal and crisp. The scanlines are quite great. I thought it'd be an emulator style of scanlines. Nothing crazy. But they had things like ghosting and rgb misalignment. It's pretty cool. I go back and forth on that setting, they put a lot of attention to that effect.

Does the full version have option to adjust the music level? I usually set it to something like 10% of the game volume.

Also, what are the sf3 things listed on the job store? I see the game listed twice for 1500 yen, but one has different description. I see the DLC for the final boss unlock, the demo, and some other 100 yen item. The only thing I think of is that it's a sf3 theme. The same one that came with the re-order

joe1138

redmodel said:
What's the point of the widescreen option?

I think they threw that option in for people who just don't like those black bars.

Can't wait for tomorrow. If I wasn't already taking some time off for PAX I'd probably play hooky just to get some time in.

isamu said:
We don't know that for certain. Ponder alluded to the possibility of removing it, inside sources say he will heep it there regardless of what Capcom says.
I'm pretty sure he said he was removing it on the wakeup srk podcast before evo.

Mr Jared

I plan on abiding by this soon enough. Never did learn how to play as Chun myself, just developed anti-Chun tech the entire time.

chun_flowchart.png

V_Arnold

QisTopTier said:

Loool. Seriously, LOL. That is my gut reaction to this post. Lol.
So do you know that:
1) AE:2012 patch is incoming?
2) Just because SFIV was already more balanced, SSFIV was WAAAY more balanced, that wont change the fact that AE is STILL more balanced than SF3:3s? :)

So what is your point here? Oh, nothing. Alright.

V_Arnold

DjangoReinhardt said:
The problem with rebalancing decade-old competitive games is that it's chasing unicorns. People who've been playing 10+ years mostly don't want to re-learn it and the elusive new fans probably have reasons unrelated to balance why they aren't playing that ten-year-old game, anyway. Dhalsim players were furious at what Capcom did to him in AE and that's only nine months between iterations - imagine how people who spent a decade would feel.

I hope Capcom throws the ST community a bone and does an OE for it.

People who spent a decade with an overpowered Yun or Chun? Oh, poor souls. It would really be sad for them to actually face a proper opponent unless the opponent plays Yun/Chun, right?

The original is still there, play with that if "you" are sad.

Spruchy

V_Arnold said:
People who spent a decade with an overpowered Yun or Chun? Oh, poor souls. It would really be sad for them to actually face a proper opponent unless the opponent plays Yun/Chun, right?

The original is still there, play with that if "you" are sad.

By that logic why don't you just not play if you're that sad?

Top Bottom