• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike Online Edition |OT| Let's fight like gentlemen!

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
The only way to invite to chat is for me to be on your friends list, so if you guys want a chat invite send a friend request and Ill get to it, just sending me a message saying CHAT INVITE! doesn't do much. *more work for me D:*

oracrest

free avatars...

hugogaf01.png
hugogaf02.png
hugogaf03.png
hugogaf04.png
hugogaf05.png
hugogaf06.png
hugogaf07.png

Still up for grabs..

3rdstrike01-1.png
3rdstrike31.png
3rdstrike30.png
3rdstrike29.png
3rdstrike34.png
3rdstrike33.png
3rdstrike32.png

3rdstrike04.png
3rdstrike05.png
3rdstrike06.png

3rdstrike01.png

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
oracrest said:
free avatars...

Still up for grabs..

Tempting but I don't want to spoil my main :p

Heading to bed, Ill check for more chat request when I wake up and dl sf3. -.- I hope I dont wake up to late though -.- havent slept in freaking 3 days lol

tzare

anyone knows if game can be played on different accounts in the same console (PS3) that was purchased? (not talking about game sharing here)

Regarding DLC: there's a "My Content" tab in the game somewhere. Anyways, character colours seem to be what our DLC is gonna be for the most part. Maybe groups of palette swaps for like $2 Or something *shrug* this could also entail that there might be some colours from the older versions of SF3 and theoretically could mean that old stages are also on the cards.

Edit for source: bought the game off JPN PSN. It's rad.

notworksafe

tzare said:
anyone knows if game can be played on different accounts in the same console (PS3) that was purchased? (not talking about game sharing here)
Most likely you can without issue. It's not a problem with any other PSN game.

Sayah

tzare said:
As far as I know any game you download from the PSN store is put on the harddrive and can be accessed from any accounts that are present on the console. That's actually how I got four games (LBP, inFamous, Wipeout, and Dead Nation) during the Welcome Back program. 2 from one account and 2 more from the other. All 4 games can be played on either account, though.

tzare

Sayah said:
As far as I know any game you download from the PSN store is put on the harddrive and can be accessed from any accounts that are present on the console. That's actually how I got four games (LBP, inFamous, Wipeout, and Dead Nation) during the Welcome Back program. 2 from one account and 2 more from the other. All 4 games can be played on either account, though.
Most likely you can without issue. It's not a problem with any other PSN game.
there are some games like warhawk or GTprologue that had some restrictions AFAIK Capcom also had BC2 and FInalFIght

Yeah that's fine, no DRM on this sucker.

Thanks!!!!

PSN pre-order should do like steam pre-loading.

For those of us who bought it already, we should have it NOW (US, of course, I know EU already has it). That would be extra incentive for the pre-purchasing. Free stuff and I don't have to wait for the store to update? SOLD.

corrosivefrost said:

For those of us who bought it already, we should have it NOW (US, of course, I know EU already has it). That would be extra incentive for the pre-purchasing. Free stuff and I don't have to wait for the store to update? SOLD.

What how seriously?

legbone

corrosivefrost said:

yeah, no doubt. i also say they should give the demo to people that preordered right when they pay. but since the demo is probably just the entire game without the unlock key i guess i can see why they don't do that.

Dark Octave said:
I don't mind the option to either work for it or pay for it. Of course I hold the right to look down on and mock the lazy, though.
Time is money. For some people it's not worth the hour+ of mind-numbing play vs AI and would rather pony up the 99 cents.

Vespa

Couple of (old) interesting posts on Capcom-Unity's QA thread:

Katsudon Oro:
At the evo panel they announced that one of the first DLC will be about the tourney they had at the capcom offices while promoting the game and that featured several international players.
Is this going to be one of the things that will be further explained at the game's launch?

Sven (Capcom Senior Vice-President): Details I believe will be shared AFTER launch but it's cool. I'll say that much.
New game play modes as DLC? More trials?

Neighbour: Are you guys still adamant on your "no PC version" stance?

Sven: Adamant (which would imply never being able to be changed/unwavering)? No. But that's not currently in the plan. We'll see what the future holds. I'm still noodling ideas for how this could work but it wouldn't be any time soon.
Joseph: 2) Is 3S gonna finally support a custom color palette mode similar to CVS2 or better yet use PalMod?

Sven: 2. I'm not prepared to talk about color swaps until much later.
Oooh I want to assume new colours are coming. FAKE EDIT: Interesting, Mr Touchdown.

Slim: You already announced DLC for 3S O.E....I am not going to ask you what are the downloadable content but rather if you are picking some ideas proposed by the hardcore community over forums for DLC? In other word, the predicted DLC will be fixed (we are going to get JUST what you planned, and that will be all) or there is a possibility that your extend the DLC with new features over time?

Sven: Difficult to answer. Both I suppose? We have a fixed set planned. That said, it is possible that if after we've rolled out what we've planned, there's some additional things folks want, we might be able to address those down the line (provided that they're reasonably sized efforts and not huge).
Maybe their stance on a rebalance mode is similar to the PC situation?

_dementia said:
No they don't AFAIK

I believe it's on the JPN store though.

I saw something on my RSS feed about the EU store update -- the way it was written it made it sound like it was live. Sorry if I assumed wrong there, folks. :(

Vespa, that Remy avatar is awesome. I'll stick with the Ken I cut out though. :)

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Im down with drawing one original custom avatar for somebody, first to reply with a character request gets it :)

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
ldcommando said:
What´s the download size on ps3? Does anyone know?
About 650 Mb from what other gaffers have said.

ShaneB

Noooo, missed a change for a Raging Spaniard custom avatar, darn it :( Ah well, at least it's going to be Urien :)

Watching these streams, the filters are terrific, game still looks absolutely gorgeous.

ShaneB said:
Noooo, missed a change for a Raging Spaniard custom avatar, darn it :( Ah well, at least it's going to be Urien :)

Watching these streams, the filters are terrific, game still looks absolutely gorgeous.

Temper your expectations -- streams are usually smaller resolution than your HDTV... unless you have the stream on 720p and are watching it on your TV. ;)

I saw people bitching about it not looking good on their TV like it was in the stream... so just don't expect flawless quality and you'll still probably be happy.

Thankfully there's a slew of options so we can all pick what we think looks best! :)

ShaneB

corrosivefrost said:
Temper your expectations -- streams are usually smaller resolution than your HDTV... unless you have the stream on 720p and are watching it on your TV. ;)

I saw people bitching about it not looking good on their TV like it was in the stream... so just don't expect flawless quality and you'll still probably be happy.

Thankfully there's a slew of options so we can all pick what we think looks best! :)

Good points, but I've always loved how it's looked, custom filters or not, lot of that is based on the art direction and just how colourful everything is. The fidelity of it on my tv comes second.

RS4-

Spaniard, what happened to the brotherly love from our failed SSF team tournament :(

Edit - if there's no YT feature day one on 360 (or it uploads to some random account), time to bootleg a iPhone mount to record vids

Top Bottom