• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike Online Edition |OT| Let's fight like gentlemen!

Sayah

MThanded said:
huh? wtf . explain this. No spectating in player match.
It just said match in process. Never showed any footage. There were 7 people in the lobby so I just left after a few minutes of waiting.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Someone confirm there is no spectating in player match. That seems like a big oversight. I'm assuming its just because you join a match late and you can't see something until a match finishes.

zlatko

Banned
Sayah said:
And I was playing this in 720p. The game also needs a patch to support widescreen.
I went into a player match as well and there is no spectating. Besides these things, everything else is top notch.

Wait... there is no spectating in this game?

MThanded

zlatko said:
Wait... there is no spectating in this game?
Pretty sure that he misspoke. I am waiting for someone to come in here and explain whats up.

Everybody is too busy getting bodied

oracrest

For GutterTrash, and the remainders will be free for all.

sfpixels01.png
sfpixels02.png
sfpixels03.png
sfpixels04.png
sfpixels05.png
sfpixels06.png
sfpixels07.png
sfpixels08.png
sfpixels09.png
sfpixels10.png

vocab

So guess what guys. Third strike is powered by Gamespy. You know what else is powered by Gamespy? MK. "What does that have to do with anything vocab? They both have the same horrible matchmaking. Yup, the wait times are killing it for me.

zlatko

Banned
_dementia said:
Seems like there is

It's weird, but come to think of it I don't ever remember any of the trailers mentioning it or Capcom talking about it in interviews. Kind of like with MvC3... people just assumed.

Also, Fubar is saying there is NO WAY to take off the shit on the side of the screen unless you go into widescreen, but that fucks the game up. Is this also true?

Vespa

Sayah said:
And I was playing this in 720p. The game also needs a patch to support widescreen.
I went into a player match as well and there is no spectating. Besides these things, everything else is top notch.

The game has widescreen support (Check the first page for screen shots). Spectating is in, the reviews have mentioned it, maybe it's ranked only?

Q: I've read about 8 room lobbies where you can spectate. Is it possible to disable spectators?

According to Derek (the producer) "You can’t disable spectators, but our game is not the PC version of GGPO, so I don’t think it matters. There shouldn’t be any way for a spectator to lag out a match in progress, no matter how poor his connection is."

vocab said:
So guess what guys. Third strike is powered by Gamespy. You know what else is powered by Gamespy? MK. "What does that have to do with anything vocab? They both have the same horrible matchmaking. Yup, the wait times are killing it for me.

MThanded said:
Spectating is not possible in player matches? If true that is really disappointing.

wait what

this and FubarDuck saying you can't turn off achievement notifications...whyyyyyyyy would they do this after getting everything else right?

/preorder canceled

h3ro

Anyone else catch the player on Fubar's stream activating Genei Jin in the round and having no blue shadows around Yun, followed by a second activation in the same round with the shadows?

Weird.

zlatko

Banned
Fubar saying the PS3 version of this game has about 2 frames of input lag, and they have some big name Japanese SF3 player there, and he confirmed it.

MThanded

zlatko said:
Fubar saying the PS3 version of this game has about 2 frames of input lag, and they have some big name Japanese SF3 player there, and he confirmed it.
ruh roh

zlatko

Banned
Imm0rt4l said:
so much for arcade perfect -_-

It was debunked well over a month ago this game wasn't going to be arcade perfect when two Urien's fought and both did Aegis reflector supers. In arcade one gets a blue mirror, and the other urien gets a purple one so you aren't confused which one belongs to what urien. On the console both are purple.

Sayah

Okay, nevermind, there is spectating. If you enter a lobby while the match is in progress, then it doesn't show anything except "match is in progress." If you wait for the next match to start, then it shows that match. Sorry for the misinformation.

MThanded

Due to this input lag situation, I am going to wait it out and hear what they say about the 360 version.

zlatko said:
It was debunked well over a month ago this game wasn't going to be arcade perfect when two Urien's fought and both did Aegis reflector supers. In arcade one gets a blue mirror, and the other urien gets a purple one so you aren't confused which one belongs to what urien. On the console both are purple.

I don't understand why something like that had to be that way. What happened in the development process that prevented them from doing something so seemingly simple?

zlatko

Banned
MThanded said:
Damn they putting the input lag on blast.

Hopefully the 360 doesn't suffer as well. Most higher players have noted that the PS3 has suffered this 2 frame lag inputs in every Capcom fighter this generation if I recall correctly.

If 360 version doesn't suffer same fate, then you'll have the best version of this game and the closest to the arcade version.

Edit: @Seph. Thank God. I have no intentions of being a ranked mode monster with this game, and I plan to just spend most of my time playing with my little group of online friends, so if there wasn't a spectator mode for us in lobbies, then the game would be dead with us in less than a month like MvC3 was. :p

Vespa

MThanded said:
I was going to post the exact same reply! Man that's not cool, how on earth did that get past QA? they invited "TOP...MEN..." to the studio to play it. Hopefully this will get resolved in a patch.

Per Derek again - "To the best of our ability to test the game, it is arcade perfect - including the game speed. We’ve brought in expert players to check it out, and compared to actual arcade cabinets. If there are any discrepancies from the arcade version, I don’t know of them."

To add some context we brought in "known" SF3 players from both North America and Japan to play and test the game with us. The few issues they had identified in that process have been addressed (none were speed related).

Q: Will we be able to turn off the dynamic achievements that appear on the sides when playing the game in either normal or arcade cab view?

If you pick one of the two widescreen modes, they are not displayed.
:/ Sorry guys, no way for the achievements to be turned off in 4:3 mode.

Vespa

zlatko said:
Hopefully the 360 doesn't suffer as well. Most higher players have noted that the PS3 has suffered this 2 frame lag inputs in every Capcom fighter this generation if I recall correctly.

If 360 version doesn't suffer same fate, then you'll have the best version of this game and the closest to the arcade version.

Didn't know that about the PS3 versions of Capcom fighters, thanks for the info.

Sayah

If there is widescreen support, then how do you turn it to widescreen because all I see once a match begins is those bars on the sides.

h3ro

Sayah said:
If there is widescreen support, then how do you turn it to widescreen because all I see once a match begins is those bars on the sides.

Hit start, go into settings. It's right there along with the filter settings.

Grokbu

Um. I might be making a fool out of myself. But might the lag thing be due to ggpo delay option being set to 2 by default?

Vespa said:
I was going to post the exact same reply! Man that's not cool, how on earth did that get past QA? they invited "TOP...MEN..." to the studio to play it. Hopefully this will get resolved in a patch.

Well, they invited them to play the 360 version, didn't they? That could be the answer. I know SF4 lags more on PS3, dunno about Marvel though.

xero273

Grokbu said:
Um. I might be making a fool out of myself. But might the lag thing be due to ggpo delay option being set to 2 by default?

pretty sure fubar is playing offline. so no. It's been like that for every capcom fighting game on the ps3.

Grokbu said:

Yeah they've already set the delay to 0 but the input lag is still there.

Top Bottom