• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike Online Edition |OT| Let's fight like gentlemen!

Vespa

SolarKnight said:
Well, they invited them to play the 360 version, didn't they? That could be the answer. I know SF4 lags more on PS3, dunno about Marvel though.

Shocking if they only did 'full' quality assurance on one format.

It doesn't really affect my n00b self, but is this input lag issue a result of poor QC or is it part of the system itself? I've only heard about this recently.

Oik2y.jpg

This is some bullshit right here.

vocab

macuser1of5 said:
It doesn't really affect my n00b self, but is this input lag issue a result of poor QC or is it part of the system itself? I've only heard about this recently.

Well when you brag about arcade perfect....

Sayah

I have a few questions if anyone can answer:
1. Trying to figure out a character that can fit my playstyle. Who's the best in terms of agility?
2. How can I start up a combo?
3. Square and Triangle are for punches and X and circle are for kicks. Then, there's all these roundhouse and 3-punch, 3-kick attacks assigned to the shoulder buttons. Are there ways to vary these attacks to form combos?

Sayah

Conceited said:
I have yet to find a single thing I don't like about this game. 360 people needn't worry.
The things I didn't like were thankfully addressed. Just a bit of clumsiness on my part.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
"2 frames lag is generous. We think its probably worse" -fubarduck

Its probably a ps3 issue as everyone said before

h3ro

RaidenZR said:
How is everyone setting up their visual settings? I'm just curious what the popular skew is going to be.

I'm going with Smooth/Widescreen. Looks great and I don't really care for 4:3.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
not being able to turn off the in-game achievement system was something I was worried would happen. sad to see that the capcom ps3 input silliness is still an issue as well.

OH WELL. STILL 3S ONLINE Y'ALL!

Alchemy said:
I thought the 2 frames of lag were a known issue with PS3 USB ports?
Ah so it's the USB ports causing this? Lame. Like I said this doesn't really affect me, but this will throw a wrench in the high-level sustainability of this game for sure.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
macuser1of5 said:
Ah so it's the USB ports causing this? Lame. Like I said this doesn't really affect me, but this will throw a wrench in the high-level sustainability of this game for sure.
EVO and most majors still use PS3 for games that exhibit the same problem even when it is unique to that system.

I have no idea why, though.

Wow, major bug found? If I tried to "Download All" (the DLC, Demo, and unlock) I got that screenshot above. If I just download the demo on it's own, it's flying. It'll be done in five minutes.

RaidenZR said:
How is everyone setting up their visual settings? I'm just curious what the popular skew is going to be.
No filtering, no stretching for me. I want the pixels to cut my face. No fake scanlines either.

GeoNeo

I disagree.
macuser1of5 said:
Not if 360 ver does not have the problem.

Btw, Mr Wiz was on new Alphaism he pretty much said 3rd Strike won't be at evo next year since they just don't have room for it with all these new games coming out ( plus him and the cannons hate the game :p)

zlatko

Banned
MiniBossBattle said:
Input lag kinda unsettling but I rarely try to attempt 1 frame links.
2 frame lag means 1/30th of a second lag?

The real question is though, what's the timing on parrying? It would fuck up the big game mechanic system for SF3 if you can't consistently parry like you've been learning it for the past 10 years. I assume with inputs you can just plink your way around the issue, but the parrying thing is relearning timings, right ?

GeoNeo

I disagree.
Sixfortyfive said:
EVO and most majors still use PS3 for games that exhibit the same problem even when it is unique to that system.

I have no idea why, though.
Mr Wiz said it is on PS3 because Sony keep supporting Evo

As for other Majors maybe they did not want to deal with RROD back when SF4 came out.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
I reviewed the 360 ver and was able to do some fairly complicated stuff -- jab upper into kara jab uppercut with ken, 100 percent kara fukiage combos with makoto and a ton of red parries -- and it felt fine, but when it comes down to 1 - 2/60th a second it can be hard to tell, and beyond that you can get different results depending on the monitor you use. I played on the ASUS EVO monitor btw.

that said, wouldn't surprise me if the PS3 ver lags a bit. I always have to adjust to SF4 on PS3 and more so with marvel.

GeoNeo

I disagree.
haunts said:
I reviewed the 360 ver and was able to do some fairly complicated stuff -- jab upper into kara jab uppercut with ken, 100 percent kara fukiage combos with makoto and a ton of red parries -- and it felt fine, but when it comes down to 1 - 2/60th a second it can be hard to tell, and beyond that you can get different results depending on the monitor you use. I played on the ASUS EVO monitor btw.

that said, wouldn't surprise me if the PS3 ver lags a bit. I always have to adjust to SF4 on PS3 and more so with marvel.
Probably just PS3 + Capcom blow up again, Man.

Btw, great review for 1up.

zlatko

Banned
haunts said:

Your review for KoF13 console is the only one that will matter to me. You gotta hold it down for us and spit the truth about its online and any other issues you find.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
zlatko said:
Your review for KoF13 console is the only one that will matter to me. You gotta hold it down for us and spit the truth about its online and any other issues you find.
Same here. No pressure bro' !

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
GeoNeo said:
As for other Majors maybe they did not want to deal with RROD back when SF4 came out.
Well yeah. That made perfect sense at the start of this console generation when 360s were breaking down left and right and high quality controller converters for the system were difficult if not impossible to come by (and the PS3 not needing them due to accepting generic USB controllers/converters). Neither of those problems really exist anymore.

I just assume it's a sponsor+legacy issue at this point.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I wonder if the graphic filters are to blame for at least some of it. The game might be doing the filtering in realtime rather than using prefiltered assets and it's causing latency.

GeoNeo

I disagree.
Sixfortyfive said:
Well yeah. That made perfect sense at the start of this console generation when 360s were breaking down left and right and high quality controller converters for the system were difficult if not impossible to come by (and the PS3 not needing them due to accepting generic USB controllers/converters). Neither of those problems really exist anymore.

I just assume it's a sponsor+legacy issue at this point.
A ton of Majors are on 360 btw. Just you can't expect the majors that invested in all those PS3s to switch at this point - simply too costly.

Lets say 3SO on 360 is lag free I'm sure majors that want the game will run it on 360. :> (buy a few setups if they need)

Top Bottom