• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike Online Edition |OT| Let's fight like gentlemen!

haunts

Bacon of Hope
zlatko said:
Your review for KoF13 console is the only one that will matter to me. You gotta hold it down for us and spit the truth about its online and any other issues you find.

what sucks about testing online for games before they come out is you only have a small pool of ppl to play with (many who are on the west coast mind you, where I live) and its always worse once it comes out to the public. It was like this for marvel and mk9 where it felt fine before release, then when it was out it went to shit. :\

RaidenZR

_dementia said:
No filtering, no stretching for me. I want the pixels to cut my face. No fake scanlines either.

This is what I have on, but the status updates are pretty obnoxious. I like my proper-ratio pixels but this is making me sad.

Filth

Dint know if anyone else had trouble playing with widescreen. My throws were wiffing when I thought I was clearly going to make the hit. I changed it to normal with the sidebars. And everything was flowing much better. Anyone else have this little issue?

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
Philooch said:
Dint know if anyone else had trouble playing with widescreen. My throws were wiffing when I thought I was clearly going to make the hit. I changed it to normal with the sidebars. And everything was flowing much better. Anyone else have this little issue?

I didn't notice anything like this, are you sure you didn't have it on stretched?

G0DLIKE

RaidenZR said:
This is what I have on, but the status updates are pretty obnoxious. I like my proper-ratio pixels but this is making me sad.

You can't get true pixels without the status updates? That's lame.

Edit: Think I misunderstood Philooch. Sorry, guy.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
GeoNeo said:
A ton of Majors are on 360 btw. Just you can't expect the majors that invested in all those PS3s to switch at this point - simply too costly.

Lets say 3SO on 360 is lag free I'm sure majors that want the game will run it on 360. :> (buy a few setups if they need)
I've never been to a "major" that used 360 for Capcom fighters, only small-to-medium regionals and ranbats. The only major I can think of that ran on 360 in the past year was Revelations, and it wasn't part of the Evo season.

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
cackhyena said:
So I wanna get the PS3 version cuz friends. Is the lag really that bad?

No, its not. Do you already play SSF4 on PS3? You almost certainly won't notice anything if so, assuming you play on the same setup.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
yeah not to sound like an elitist prick but the avg player probably wont notice anything, esp if this is your first time playing 3s. not making apologies for capcom if the lag issue is legit im just saying 90% of the ppl playing this game probably wont notice a 1-2 frame difference considering most of the stuff in this game is based around cancels and hit confirms.

Shearie

Does anyone feel that the Smooth and Crisp filters are mixed up? I've been playing with the Smooth filter since it seems more sharp than the Crisp filter.

GeoNeo

I disagree.
Sixfortyfive said:
I've never been to a "major" that used 360 for Capcom fighters, only small-to-medium regionals and ranbats. The only major I can think of that ran on 360 in the past year was Revelations, and it wasn't part of the Evo season.
Well I'm talking about Worldwide. So, I'm guessing the ones in u.s are only ps3?

When Japan hold their console meets its mostly on 360, also SS2K11 was run on 360.

My bad I should have said tournaments and not Major.

Kimosabae

Banned
Multiplatform gaming. Worse gen for this, ever. With HDTV's, online play and multiple systems running at variant speeds, it's a wonder how anyone gets good at these games.

Dachande

Shearie said:
Does anyone feel that the Smooth and Crisp filters are mixed up? I've been playing with the Smooth filter since it seems more sharp than the Crisp filter.

Yes! I thought exactly the same thing!

GeoNeo

I disagree.
haunts said:
yeah not to sound like an elitist prick but the avg player probably wont notice anything, esp if this is your first time playing 3s. not making apologies for capcom if the lag issue is legit im just saying 90% of the ppl playing this game probably wont notice a 1-2 frame difference considering most of the stuff in this game is based around cancels and hit confirms.
Yeah this is super true.

Plus this version already blows ggpo one out of the water which was glitchy as fuck but worth putting up with to play the game lol

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
haunts said:
Incoming Sirlin blog post.

haunts said:
*shrug* No big deal to me then. Fuck, I use Q anyways. :lol

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Kimosabae said:
Multiplatform gaming. Worse gen for this, ever. With HDTV's, online play and multiple systems running at variant speeds, it's a wonder how anyone gets good at these games.
As much as I bitch about this stuff, I'd say it's hardly the worst generation for competent console ports.

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
haunts said:

Yeah, also this.

Vespa

GeoNeo said:
Yeah this is super true.

Plus this version already blows ggpo one out of the water which was glitchy as fuck but worth putting up with to play the game lol

I couldn't get ggpo to run smoothly on my pc so I went over to 2df/Supercade, played great even with a ping around 60ms. Anybody else use 2df/Supercade?

Kimosabae

Banned
Sixfortyfive said:
As much as I bitch about this stuff, I'd say it's hardly the worst generation for competent console ports.

It's definitely the generation effecting the fighting game enthusiast the most, no? That was largely my point.

zlatko

Banned
haunts said:
what sucks about testing online for games before they come out is you only have a small pool of ppl to play with (many who are on the west coast mind you, where I live) and its always worse once it comes out to the public. It was like this for marvel and mk9 where it felt fine before release, then when it was out it went to shit. :\

Not sure what kind of strings you can pull, but see if you can get 2 copies for yourself of new fighters from now on, and mail one to Spooky. The two of you can try a west to east coast test with games for how much latency happens, and I assume you both wouldn't have awful net, so you could see what kind of experience most players with solid net will be getting when they get the game.

:p Just a thought, and not sure if you could make it happen, but it sounds good on paper in my head to test online lag pre release on review codes.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Kimosabae said:

Also considering the amount of resources at disposal to an average dev (broadband, better networking technology along with image quality) some games that have online multiplayer that is as bad as it is just baffles. I remember being able to play Quake 3 on 56k with better results than some of the stuff that's online these days.

zlatko

Banned
Gr1mLock said:
Also considering the amount of resources at disposal to an average dev (broadband, better networking technology along with image quality) some games that have online multiplayer that is as bad as it is just baffles. I remember being able to play Quake 3 on 56k with better results than some of the stuff that's online these days.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NLWvP-Db3s

Obligatory best online experience this gen video.

I was playing SFIII TS everyday in anticipation of this and the first thing I noticed after connecting my Saturn USB was lag.

So, that I come into this thread and find mention of it I find no coincidence.

Also the in game fighting sound effects are off. The punches and kicks, not the parrying.

Fonts are terrible.

The PS2 version upscaled in HD blows this away in looks and in play.

Consider me disappointed.

Filth

east of eastside said:
I was playing SFIII TS everyday in anticipation of this and the first thing I noticed after connecting my Saturn USB was lag.

So, that I come into this thread and find mention of it I find no coincidence.

Also the in game fighting sound effects are off. The punches and kicks, not the parrying.

Fonts are terrible.

The PS2 version upscaled in HD blows this away in looks and in play.

Consider me disappointed.

Is it possible a patch could fix this ?

Ferrio

Banned
So is there a PSN room up? If so, PSN: Ferrio.

Played some matches. I'm really really outta practice. Also not getting good pings... swore ryu was like teleporting around, was hurting my eyes. Got rocked by a Yun that knew how to use Genei Jin, that wasn't fun.

Alchemy

Philooch said:
Is it possible a patch could fix this ?

Everything but the input lag (through USB). It isn't likely anything is getting fixed though unless Capcom seriously wants to release a a fourth version of SFIII.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
ShaneB said:
All this input lag stuff won't be noticed by 99% of the player base.

Yeah, but it's still disappointing because 3S OGs aren't going to take this version seriously because of it. Hopefully it's just the PS3 version and not the 360 version.

hypernima

Banned
I'm freaking out maybe but I notice that with elena I can't link cr.mp to ex SS none my my Ex moves can link from norms. but I can do the non ex version fine.

Has this been happening to anyone?

GrayFoxPL

haunts said:

Yeah, SFIII on the Dreamcast had much bigger lag. After years people got informed and where like "Whaaa? :(". Memories of having fun ruined. Lol.

ShaneB

Lost Fragment said:
Yeah, but it's still disappointing because 3S OGs aren't going to take this version seriously because of it. Hopefully it's just the PS3 version and not the 360 version.

I'm part of that 99%, so I guess it's a non-issue to me, plus I will be on the 360 version as well, so it is indeed a complete non issue to me.

Top Bottom