• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike Online Edition |OT| Let's fight like gentlemen!

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
GeoNeo said:
ROFL FUCK SIRLIN

THAT FUCKING HAWAIIAN SHIRT WEARING PRICK IS THE REASON ST IS ALMOST DEAD
No, ST being >15 years old with (AFAIK) no solid console port in its entire history is the reason it's almost dead.

Having fun with the demo, but you know what really pisses me off in games, generally?

Pressing a button, then having to press a different button to exit a menu and finally having to exit from the actual pause menu. Same shit in AvP.

RaidenZR

So I just snagged this. Only had about 15 minutes to dink around but I'm disappointed that there's all these viewing options present, but no bare-bones, no-frills black border, unstretched view. Unless I'm missing the right combination of settings to achieve this. The 'arcade' setting has all those level status flashing in and it's distracting as all heck.

RaidenZR said:
So I just snagged this. Only had about 15 minutes to dink around but I'm disappointed that there's all these viewing options present, but no bare-bones, no-frills black border, unstretched view. Unless I'm missing the right combination of settings to achieve this. The 'arcade' setting has all those level status flashing in and it's distracting as all heck.
That's lame. I hope they patch an option to dim the border.

fubarduck

Hey, what if you completely coincidentally had a Japanese 3rd Strike God in town the same day that 3rd Strike Online Edition came out?

I do! Will be streaming offline matches all day as soon as the download finishes :D

Keasar

Is it out here in Europe too? Cant find it on the marketplace. D:

It isnt even up for pre-order anymore on that "Play" offer.

sephi22

fubarduck said:
Hey, what if you completely coincidentally had a Japanese 3rd Strike God in town the same day that 3rd Strike Online Edition came out?

I do! Will be streaming offline matches all day as soon as the download finishes :D
<3
You know what would be better than offline matches? Making the Japanese 3rd Strike God put day 1 online warriors on blast.

LeMaximilian said:
Can I get an impression of how console GGPO netplay feels with a fighting game?
Ive had about 5 matches so far and everyone of them has been buttery smooth. I hope it stays that way. I dont know if this was answered before but what is the GGPO delay option for in the menu? Also is the a way to switch the character select music to the old one?

Chavelo

Hey, PS3 GAF. Guess what?

I hate you...

THIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIS
<----------------------------------------------------->

much right now. D:

fubarduck

sephi22 said:
<3
You know what would be better than offline matches? Making the Japanese 3rd Strike God put day 1 online warriors on blast.

That WOULD be awesome, but our connection isn't strong enough to play online and stream simultaneously! Getting that fixed eventually lol

Grokbu

WTF? I just bought a US PSN $20 code from HD Movie Source. So I got the code in my mail just now...

The code is like this:
*5 characters*-*4 characters*-*4 characters*

But aren't there supposed to be four characters on each line?

Dunno how to redeem it now. :(

EDIT: So I tried removing one random letter in the first string multiple times and got it to work.

Should've tried a bit more first. Started to panic. -.-

Conceited said:
Just went 5-2 in my first ranked experience, already got hatemail for laming a guy out with jump back air fireballs.
Are there ranked winstreak trophies? It would seem like there are from the trophy list, but the requirements are quite vague.

For you, the day Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike Online Edition graced your PSN was the most important day of your life. But for me on XBL, it was Tuesday.

=(

STG

ARXIN said:
For you, the day Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike Online Edition graced your PSN was the most important day of your life. But for me on XBL, it was Tuesday.

=(
For european PSN user it was only Tuesday too :/

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player

elohel

Chavelo said:
Hey, PS3 GAF. Guess what?

I hate you...

THIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIS
<----------------------------------------------------->

much right now. D:

wait why? lol

Sayah

Well, first time playing this game and of course I sucked online. Although, the connection quality in all 4 of my matches was superb. I wished other fighters had some of the online features that are present in this game. Love how it shows the disconnect rate for people. This should prove very helpful against pathetic people that love to quit every match they are about to lose.

Also downloaded a replay right here. Wish the quality was better but it's better than having no replays at all. I'm the Ibuki player. Decided to use her after trying her and a few others out in practice mode. Any tips/suggestions for a newbie would be helpful.

Hurmun

Neo Member
I love this game, but playing online is going to be horrible for me. I've never been too good at fighting games but I just can't seem to put them down.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Sayah said:
Well, first time playing this game and of course I sucked online. Although, the connection quality in all 4 of my matches was superb. I wished other fighters had some of the online features that are present in this game. Love how it shows the disconnect rate for people. This should prove very helpful against pathetic people that love to quit every match they are about to lose.

Also downloaded a replay right here. Wish the quality was better but it's better than having no replays at all. I'm the Ibuki player. Decided to use her after trying her and a few others out in practice mode. Any tips/suggestions for a newbie would be helpful.
Holy god that quality looks much worse in this replay than the replays i saw earlier.

Sayah

MThanded said:
Holy god that quality looks much worse in this replay than the replays i saw earlier.
And I was playing this in 720p. The game also needs a patch to support widescreen.
I went into a player match as well and there is no spectating. Besides these things, everything else is top notch.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Sayah said:
And I was playing this in 720p. The game also needs a patch to support widescreen.
I went into a player match as well and there is no spectating. Besides these things, everything else is top notch.
huh? wtf . explain this. No spectating in player match.

Top Bottom