• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike Online Edition |OT| Let's fight like gentlemen!

RS4-

Wizpig said:
Capcom puts in every conceivable option but they forget a "reset to default" for the video size options? seriously?

Why do i already have the Dip Switch options unlocked even if i didn't buy them? i don't have Gill, though.

It was the same way in the home releases, part of the dip switch set is available, the rest you unlock after you beat the game (I think with everyone)

Haklong

Tried the trial this morning and was wondering, is the original title screen soundtrack/game soundtrack in the game? Can I unlock it in the full version and make it default? I know the stages haven't been changed but I was wondering for everything else. Sorry if this was asked/answered before.

mattp

has anyone figured out how the music works?
like if i unlock the remixes and press triangle for "global" what exactly does that do?
replace the old theme? or make it so now each stage has 2 themes and its random which one you get?

Haklong said:
Tried the trial this morning and was wondering, is the original title screen soundtrack/game soundtrack in the game? Can I unlock it in the full version and make it default? I know the stages haven't been changed but I was wondering for everything else. Sorry if this was asked/answered before.
I'd like to know this too. Original HUD and portraits would also be nice.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
oracrest said:
I got a few matches in last night, although just with the standard PS3 controller, which is awkward as nuts.

I need to pick up a stick ASAP... I did get to use the youtube upload feature, which is a great addition to the game..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZnR3aWI520
It is truly a shame how bad the upload quality is. You cant even see the character names.

LakeEarth

RS4- said:
Just make sure you parry before the flash for the Chun super
And for all newbies, learn how to parry the last hit of her super after block. Against Chun a blocked super is like a gift from heaven.

Alright, matchmaking is a mess so far for me. Taking me forever to get into games, and when I do, lag central.

Foxtastical on PSN. I don't claim to be good, but I play a bunch of different characters.

Teknoman

mattp said:
like if i unlock the remixes and press triangle for "global" what exactly does that do?
replace the old theme? or make it so now each stage has 2 themes and its random which one you get?

I'd like to know what this is about too.

Downloaded the demo, can't unlock the full game yet. :-?

OMG, they actually have 'press the button you want to use' on the button config screen. WHY does SF4 not have this throughout 3 iterations, it's such a simple thing!

Mikhal

Haklong said:
You can unlock and set it from the vault.

Downloaded 360 version at 2:30 in the am, played till 4 and then hit the sack. Now to contend with the long hours at work before I can get home and saddle up again.

Hinomura

And for those of you in Italy, Capcom (after discussion with us) has taken the decision to hold back the publish of SF III for you guys, which should only be for short time – this is because we are currently planning to involve Italy in the PLAY program, but without the pre-order element.
LOL
:(

.la1n

Sometimes it's a curse to have an older HDtv (Samsung 720P 32") but sometimes it's a blessing because when I use widescreen + crisp setting it looks fantastic as does MvC2. When I move the PS3 into the bedroom on the girlfriends new Sony the flaws are much much more noticeable.

.la1n said:
Sometimes it's a curse to have an older HDtv (Samsung 720P) but sometimes it's a blessing because when I use widescreen + crisp setting it looks fantastic as does MvC2.
The lag must be atrocious though.

I'm an owner of an LNS-series 720p Samsung from like 2006. Shit sucks.

I play 3SOE on my Asus Evo monitor or my old CRT instead.

oracrest

CozMick said:
Is there a gaf player match lobby open on PS3? can I get an invite?

I only read about a group being used with XBL, is there a similar thing for PSN. It takes hours punching in all these PSN names manually.... :/

CozMick

Banned
oracrest said:
I only read about a group being used with XBL, is there a similar thing for PSN. It takes hours punching in all these PSN names manually.... :/

There's usually gaf-chat, not sure if it's been set up and I've missed it :\

Skilletor

_dementia said:
The lag must be atrocious though.

I'm an owner of an LNS-series 720p Samsung from like 2006. Shit sucks.

I play 3SOE on my Asus Evo monitor or my old CRT instead.

I just bought one of these :D

How do you do Yang mission 4? Two kick supers is blowing my mind.

BiggNife

So does the XBLA version have any input lag issues?

The amount of people complaining about input lag in the PS3 version yesterday worried me a bit.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
mattp said:

Selecting the global option for remixed music replaces the original music for that stage. You can also set any of the music in the vault as the main menu music.

mattp

i hope they do some kind of fan q+a for ideas on things to patch

it would make so much more sense to just make the remixes put into the pool of possible songs, not have them totally replace the old ones

Teknoman

Lyte Edge said:
Selecting the global option for remixed music replaces the original music for that stage. You can also set any of the music in the vault as the main menu music.

So there is no random option? Are the remixes totally new or just the same as how you could choose different versions (from what I remember anyway) in the Dreamcast/ Collection version.

tzare

Fersis said:
As you may know this is my first time playing 3rd Strike so im pretty scrubby... but damn if the netcode isnt godlike! I only played a match against a dood in USA and it was butter smooth!

Every FG should use it @_@

i hope i can play with you and test how ggpo behaves in a spain - argentina game

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
On input lag for PS3 ver.

I have a Panny G10 plasma which afaik has almost zero input lag, like 1 or 2 ms. I noticed a very small bit of lag on the parry trials and out of desperation figured I try the Game input on my TV to see if there was a difference, Ive never used the input before because there was conflicting reports about whether it helped input lag or was just another input labled "game". I started making full super parries...maybe I just got my timing down..I dunno but it certainly seemed to help alot. Could all be in my head though. :/

tl;dr

HDMI input labeled "Game" helped me parry.

LuckyAaron13

PSN North America central time zone. Add me bitches

ShaneB

Keep those friend requests coming to the 'GAF 3S' metatag, will make filling up player lobbies so much easier :)

Stuck at work for another 5 hours :( Then have to worry about rush hour traffic, dammit.

I just want to play!

sleepykyo

shinshoryuken said:
No one is to blame. Its an excellent port, bravo to capcom...it is just the nature of the PS3 to have input lag. Can only wait and see how the 360 turns out.

If they both have input lag compare to the CP3 version...o'wells just got to get used to it.

its not like everybody has a CP3 arcade board to compare anyways, majority of the people will be playing 3rd strike for the first time on the ps3/360.

Didn't Burnout Paradise reach the practical minimum input lag of 5 frames on both consoles?

kissenger

Banned
Just got this. Don't know what to make of it yet.

It seems as if player lobbies have to be 8-man by default. Is this correct? If so, that is extremely retarded.

As far as lag goes, I've had none online. Not that I've noticed anyway. GGPO seems good.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Sp3eD said:
So glad you can change the menu / character music.

The new music is complete shit.

I guess I was tired last night when playing. How do you change it to the original?

Speaking of original, I wish I could get rid of that fugly title screen and artwork and see the original arcade opening whenever I boot up the game.

jdub03

I didn't notice any input lag. I could be wrong though. I only played it for an hour today, mostly in trials mode and some in tournament mode.

Top Bottom