• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike Online Edition |OT| Let's fight like gentlemen!

I am disappointed there is no arcade interrupt feature.

This should be standard in all fighting games. Nobody likes sitting in searching menus.

Searching ranked games takes a while....

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
Kintaro said:
I guess I was tired last night when playing. How do you change it to the original?

Go into single player tab
go into vault
go to music
buy the first two tracks (10 VP each)
click on them
And then I think you just hit triangle on them to "global" them.

ThatCrazyGuy said:
I am disappointed there is no arcade interrupt feature.

This should be standard in all fighting games. Nobody likes sitting in searching menus.

Searching ranked games takes a while....
Yeah. Why the hell doesn't Capcom share best practices between teams. It's stupid.
From what I'm told, arcade interrupt is built into GGPO too.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
ThatCrazyGuy said:
hehe, I am been trying to find a game for 15 mintues :(

Ima reset my modem/router. Maybe it's me.

I had this problem last night, too. Had to go back to the main menu and try again for it to work.

sleepykyo

Domstercool said:
Should have used SF4's seaching for games rather than this Marvel 3 style >.< sometimes I've waited like 3-4 mins :(

I'm going to go with Gamespy being terrible. Between Borderlands and Mortal Kombat, I have come to dread seeing the Gamespy logo.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
mattp said:
doesn't psn provide match making? why use gamespy
Multi platform API.
Code it once use it twice. :3

rocK` said:
am i the only one who is having terrible online performance? constant lag/rewinding..
The nature of GGPO savestating

lol, it's weird to see a move connect and see the character reel back and hitsparks then suddenly have the game change to a parry animation. It's been rare for me though.

All you dudes talking about shitty quick match, which version are you playing? I didn't have any issues with the PS3 version last night getting into games, but maybe more people are playing this morning.

Grokbu

Weird. I'm getting this error message about 3 seconds after I join a guys lobby:

An Error Has Occurred
Join Failed. The session no longer exists.

And I get kicked after this.

Anyone else having this issue?

EDIT: I'm playing on PS3 btw.

So, I'll be snagging this off PSN soon, but the condition of the online modes has me a bit worried. I'll probably still get it and level up offline though.

In preparation I got the Arranged Soundtrack and I'm listening to it as we speak, and man is the music great.
Beats in- Beats in- Beats- Beats in my Heeead

RS4-

Matchmaking is garbage on 360

Re: colors, for those that bought the dlc, maybe you hold the button down to get the secret colors?

Lol just saw someones dc rate: it was in the 10k range

Arcblade

Banned
I wonder when people are going to stop believing Capcom's bullshit hyping of their coders' capabilities, and expect great disappointment.

Don't get me wrong - I derive as much amusement from the sincerely shocked dismay of marks, as the next guy... but it is getting kind of sad, at this point.

The game is right. It IS rewarding to parry Oro's spirit bomb. I feel like a million bucks.

That being said, I suck ass in this game. I feel so unworthy. I need to read some tutorials out there because I don't have any dignity right now.

.la1n

_dementia said:
The lag must be atrocious though.

I'm an owner of an LNS-series 720p Samsung from like 2006. Shit sucks.

I play 3SOE on my Asus Evo monitor or my old CRT instead.

The lag is not what I would call atrocious but the Sony in the bedroom is, of course, leaps and bounds ahead of it in that category. When I am in the mood for online matches I switch the Sony or if I want to practice. Just goofing off? Use the Samsung.

Arcblade

Banned
Bucket-o-roadkill said:
tried the demo and played some SSF4 straight after. Fucking hell the jumping in 4 seems terrible after this lol

You mean to say that HDR, BB, et al didn't adequately demonstrate this enough to you? :p

Ferrio

Banned
_dementia said:
The nature of GGPO savestating

lol, it's weird to see a move connect and see the character reel back and hitsparks then suddenly have the game change to a parry animation. It's been rare for me though.

I'm curious why people think GGPO is better. To me the rewinding is more frustrating than slow gameplay. Or when you hit someone they block, but you hear the hit confirm noise.

Mikhal said:
Good games Solarknight and Spirit of Jazz.

Just wondering, during that Remy vs Makoto match, were you just trying to see how many fireballs I'd parry? That was fun XD

Ferrio said:
I'm curious why people think GGPO is better. To me the rewinding is more frustrating than slow gameplay. Or when you hit someone they block, but you hear the hit confirm noise.

No input lag or slowdown is just that much better to many people.

mattp

Ferrio said:
I'm curious why people think GGPO is better. To me the rewinding is more frustrating than slow gameplay.
because unless you have a bad connection, it rarely happens
so it only effects you a few times
slowing down gameplay effects every second of the entire match, essentially making it a totally different game

Mikhal

RS4- said:
Ggs earlier Mikhal. Sorry spirit, I grabbed some food again when you sent that invite.

I'll be on for the next little while
Were you Dokterrhouse or Pappasman 360? Either way good games to you guys too!

SolarKnight said:
Just wondering, during that Remy vs Makoto match, were you just trying to see how many fireballs I'd parry? That was fun XD
Yeah. I was also seeing how far I can keep on doing them since my execution is so horrible. So much Necro from Random Select. lol

Septimius

Wow, matchmaking takes forever, so I decided not to bother with ranked. Then I go to player match. Forced 8 player lobbies? REALLY? That does not make sense.

GGPO seems good, though.

LakeEarth

Septimius said:
Wow, matchmaking takes forever, so I decided not to bother with ranked. Then I go to player match. Forced 8 player lobbies? REALLY? That does not make sense.
Seriously? 8 is too many people, even if you know everybody and you all have a mic.

ShaneB

Buh?? Forced 8 player lobbies? Well.. I guess you could make private slots and those would essentially lock it down to your specific tastes...

Man, I will love this game, but there sure are some odd choices in terms of the interface going on.

Speaking of odd choices, why did they even make all of the menus black/gray? It would fit Mortal Kombat, but it doesn't fit SF at all, much less 3S =/

Ferrio

Banned
ShaneB said:
Buh?? Forced 8 player lobbies? Well.. I guess you could make private slots and those would essentially lock it down to your specific tastes...

Except it doesn't show lobbies as private in the lobby menu.... very annoying.

RS4-

Mikhal said:
Were you Dokterrhouse or Pappasman 360? Either way good games to you guys too!

Yeah. I was also seeing how far I can keep on doing them since my execution is so horrible. So much Necro from Random Select. lol
Ze dokterr.

It's too bad there's only five trials per char.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
What's the problem with 8 player lobbies? You can always lock out slots with Privates. Generally, I always make 8 player lobbies just in case someone logs on that I want to invite.

ShaneB

GuardianE said:
What's the problem with 8 player lobbies? You can always lock out slots with Privates. Generally, I always make 8 player lobbies just in case someone logs on that I want to invite.

That's what I was implying.

I could start a lobby, have 3 private slots, and that would in turn make it a 5 player lobby

Top Bottom