• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike Online Edition |OT| Let's fight like gentlemen!

Keasar

Well this was weird, I bought SOMETHING on PSN. It was called Street Fighter 3rd Strike Bundle (Unlock), included instantly unlocked Gill from the package, but it was the only one available and costed 140 swedish kronor. I bought it, and then I see that the Street Fighter 3rd Strike game is only 1 kb big and the unlock thingie for Gill is 6 kb. :/

Edit: Wait, I am supposed to download the trial THEN the unlock? That is....unnecessarily complicated.

Keasar said:
Well this was weird, I bought SOMETHING on PSN. It was called Street Fighter 3rd Strike Bundle (Unlock), included instantly unlocked Gill from the package, but it was the only one available and costed 140 swedish kronor. I bought it, and then I see that the Street Fighter 3rd Strike game is only 1 kb big and the unlock thingie for Gill is 6 kb. :/

Just seems to be the unlocks at the minute that are up. When the demo becomes available, download it and the unlocks should kick in giving you the full game. I'm in the same boat.

Leunam said:
It's a standing strong.

Took me a few tries but I got it. Hold your down charge, go to neutral and punch and then do your up+punch. There is a very brief window for this to work.

Oh, that did it. Yep, crouch charge, stand+standing strong, up+heavy punch.

I don't know about his later trials o_o

Keasar said:

I got the impression it unlocks the demo, but could not find the demo..

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Keasar said:
Same thing happened with Limbo on PSN. Download the demo and unlock it from there.

Alright, the game is bought and now downloading. :D

Got the Gill DLC too, if only to get rid of some points that would never get use otherwise.

Leunam said:
It's a standing strong.

Took me a few tries but I got it. Hold your down charge, go to neutral and punch and then do your up+punch. There is a very brief window for this to work.

I'm not sure about my 3S terms, but I think that's what they call charge partitioning. Someone correct if I'm wrong XD

Leunam

SolarKnight said:
I'm not sure about my 3S terms, but I think that's what they call charge partitioning. Someone correct if I'm wrong XD

You're right, it's what makes charging while dashing possible.

Grokbu

Is it just me or are character color buttons locked to default button config?

Let's say that I wanna pick the original color of a char, it seems I have to press square, even though that's MP on my config.

This sucks, cuz that would mean that I can't use all colors unless I open my stick up and switch the connections (which I don't wanna do).

qcf x2

They need to fix Ranked. The sidebar stuff doesn't distract me at all. Filters aren't as sexy as they looked in trailers for some reason but who cares :p

mattp said:
i hate that the trials use strong, roundhouse etc instead of MP, HK etc

You can't switch it to display button inputs instead? I haven't had time to play with the trials yet.

Let's see if my old man mind remembers the cabinet. . .

Jab - Strong - Fierce
Short - Forward - Roundhouse

I think.

MEMOOOORIEEEES!

mattp

_dementia said:
That weird. Is it that way in the Japanese version too?
it's not like its hard to memorize 6 names, but for some reason i always forget which is which haha
lp, mp, hp, lk, mk, hk are so much less ambiguous

The Take Out Bandit said:
You can't switch it to display button inputs instead? I haven't had time to play with the trials yet.

Jab - Strong - Fierce

I think.

MEMOOOORIEEEES!
hmmm. maybe you can switch them? i'll have to mess with the options when i get home tonight

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player

Jab - Strong - Fierce

I think.

MEMOOOORIEEEES!

Hey, tits-face, add me on PSN

Xavipants

hertog

Ok the bad news is that I still can;t play SF3. But I just found out that my vacation still last until monday. Thought I had to work tomorrow, friday and sunday.

Excellent.

Raging Spaniard said:
Hey, tits-face, add me on PSN

Xavipants

I was going to add you, but then you called me tits-face! >:O

I hope you can just change the trials inputs to the buttons you have mapped. It's a pretty basic feature and it would be pretty rotten if you couldn't.

May end up sticking with Elena for a while. Her move set works better for me than I remember, and my poor Necro just isn't up to snuff.

I swear in the arcade I used to be able to twisty punch into electricity without a hitch. Am I crazy?

CPS2

SolarKnight said:
Alright, the game is bought and now downloading. :D

Got the Gill DLC too, if only to get rid of some points that would never get use otherwise.

Hm that's not really charge partitioning. Charge partitioning is where you start charging (it has to be less than 55 frames, or it won't work) then do something such as dash or walk forward, then finish your charge. So after the dash you might only need to keep charging for 10 frames or so. What you quoted was a full charge, then a standing normal and charge move without breaking the charge into parts. That's just input leniency.

blech, should've known better than to listen to the hype. so many little annoying problems with this game.

why is there a 15 second timer to see which challenges you made progress on after playing story mode?!!!

why is matchmaking so slow?

these filters suck and are not all that different from other shitty filters

can't turn off sidebar info, yay

ok fighting game scene dudes, maybe you got the gameplay right, but maybe they should've brought in some other experts to do everything else.

Oh ok, I never really understood that one too well XD

Anyways, finally downloaded it. The beginner parry trials were easier than I expected, so I went to try the EVO moment just to see what it was like and, damn, I know it's not meant to be easy but even getting the first parry is pretty hard x__X Makes you appreciate what Daigo did more I guess.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
I was going to add you, but then you called me tits-face! >:O

I hope you can just change the trials inputs to the buttons you have mapped. It's a pretty basic feature and it would be pretty rotten if you couldn't.

May end up sticking with Elena for a while. Her move set works better for me than I remember, and my poor Necro just isn't up to snuff.

I swear in the arcade I used to be able to twisty punch into electricity without a hitch. Am I crazy?

So your face looks like tits and its my fault. I see.

SolarKnight said:

Anyways, finally downloaded it. The beginner parry trials were easier than I expected, so I went to try the EVO moment just to see what it was like and, damn, I know it's not meant to be easy but even getting the first parry is pretty hard x__X Makes you appreciate what Daigo did more I guess.
The first parry is the hardest part. The subsequent ones are way easier to time.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Smision said:
blech, should've known better than to listen to the hype. so many little annoying problems with this game.

why is there a 15 second timer to see which challenges you made progress on after playing story mode?!!!

why is matchmaking so slow?

these filters suck and are not all that different from other shitty filters

can't turn off sidebar info, yay

ok fighting game scene dudes, maybe you got the gameplay right, but maybe they should've brought in some other experts to do everything else.

I think you can turn off sidebar info.

RS4-

SolarKnight said:

Just make sure you parry before the flash for the Chun super

Wizpig

Capcom puts in every conceivable option but they forget a "reset to default" for the video size options? seriously?

Why do i already have the Dip Switch options unlocked even if i didn't buy them? i don't have Gill, though.

mattp

Wizpig said:
Capcom puts in every conceivable option but they forget a "reset to default" for the video size options? seriously?

Why do i already have the Dip Switch options unlocked even if i didn't buy them? i don't have Gill, though.
if you go deeper into the pages a lot are greyed out
i guess the dlc is just some of them?

Nori Chan

So any beginners guide for TOS? My first time playing this game and I only played a couple minutes and I went through the parry challenges up until EX DP.

And for some reason I did the motion for Yuns SA3 and it didn't come out. It did say max when I did it so it's probably not the bar. Maybe I'm just messing up the input?

Top Bottom