• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike Online Edition |OT| Let's fight like gentlemen!

I got the fake KO 4 times today, haha. It's like Dark Phoenix is trying to invade the game.

Also this one time, I got this weird sound glitch where it just starting skipping for 4 seconds, then went backto normal.

ThatCrazyGuy said:
I got the fake KO 4 times today, haha. It's Dark Phoenix is trying to invade the game.

Also this one time, I got this weird sound glitch where it just starting skipping for 4 seconds, then went backto normal.
Wow, what platform?

As much as I hate the lack of features for playing online (no filtering, obscene wait for ranked, etc), the smoothness of the actual online play kinda makes up for it.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
You might have to wait a couple of days (busy!), but Im up for another avatar commission :) First post with a character request gets it

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Raging Spaniard said:
You might have to wait a couple of days (busy!), but Im up for another avatar commission :) First post with a character request gets it
Wouldn't mind an awesome Ryu/Ken av :D

DAMN!

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
DoDonGouki said:
Ken army is in full force online

We are KENonymous. We are Legion. We do not forgive. We do not forget. Expect us... to spam Shouryuu-Reppa.

I don't understand Capcom's producers and how they mandate features.

To me, Arcade interrupt (or even practice mode interrupt) and being able to search by region are paramount to one's enjoyment of the game.

Matchmaking takes forever? Sitting in Arcade mode or Practice modes hides that, so people don't rage out.

Online code not so great? Give me an option to only play with people on my continent, or closer, then I can work around it.

But alas, they give me nothing!!

lol. still like the game.

for visual settings. I am rocking the normal screen size, with the crisp filter on (which weirdly, looks smooth to me).

I thought I would like the scanline and arcade cabinet filters, but I didn't like playing with them. The scanline effect is way too heavy. I've never seen a good monitor look like that.

STG

ah I guess I am just too old for this, back in the days I could parry some stuff and so one

but now? I get my ass kicked everytime

I feel old and useless :(

kitzkozan

Professor Beef said:
As much as I hate the lack of features for playing online (no filtering, obscene wait for ranked, etc), the smoothness of the actual online play kinda makes up for it.

What's really amazing is that the game still look this good and the gameplay hasn't aged one bit in 12 years. :) Truly one of the few timeless classic game, which ain't the game for 60-70% of the supposed "timeless classics" out there. :p

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
You know after playing with the remixed music on to get a good real listen to them, you do know they have 3 parts to them like the reg songs and the stuff on youtube was only round one right? I actually like a little over half of them, only a few really fucked it up imo.

Was the change in music between rounds always so obvious though? Or was there just no change in the arcade version because if it wasn't for this thread I honestly would've thought there were only one track for each character.

jett

D-Member
I don't understand how lobbies work in this game, what the hell is the game making me wait for? And why does it make me spectate matches sometimes? :|

haunts said:
I can deal with the frame skipping GGPO stuff, I just hate input delay so yes I like it far more than AE and Marvel.

just one mans opinion tho.

Game works great in match for me. However the match-making is worst than Marvel for me, ranked is random and you can't even lock the search to your region and I can't see the ping in 99% of player lobbies no matter if everybody inside's geen despite having an open NAT.

jett said:
I don't understand how lobbies work in this game, what the hell is the game making me wait for? And why does it make me spectate matches sometimes? :|

You enter, and if a match is ongoing you won't get to see it. Press A/it's equivalent on PS3 to reserve a spot, if you press it again even accidentally you'll go back to the end of the line. All lobbies are for 8 people too.

Has anyone else gotten a weird glitch where despite never disconnecting, their disconnect % will be in the millions? Mines at 4 billion something right now.

Ferrio

Banned
Snapshot King said:
Has anyone else gotten a weird glitch where despite never disconnecting, their disconnect % will be in the millions? Mines at 4 billion something right now.

Predicts the future.

Also, I've got all the parry trials save for parrying dudleys super and evo moment 37. The latter Ill get eventually, but the former I'm unsure as to when they want me to parry the first hit. After the super flash or at the very end of it?

Solune

Snapshot King said:
Also, I've got all the parry trials save for parrying dudleys super and evo moment 37. The latter Ill get eventually, but the former I'm unsure as to when they want me to parry the first hit. After the super flash or at the very end of it?
Before the flash.

jett

D-Member
SolarKnight said:
You enter, and if a match is ongoing you won't get to see it. Press A/it's equivalent on PS3 to reserve a spot, if you press it again even accidentally you'll go back to the end of the line. All lobbies are for 8 people too.

A spot? There's 8 of us there, one for each. Sigh. I'm spectating two randoms again.

Snapshot King said:

I've seen that happen to somebody else. I also had a glitch earlier in a 8 man room where the player order displayed was wrong.

Spirit of Jazz said:
I've seen that happen to somebody else. I also had a glitch earlier in a 8 man room where the player order displayed was wrong.
I've seen someone's disconnect in the hundred thousands. Thought it was pretty hilarious.

jett said:
A spot? There's 8 of us there, one for each. Sigh. I'm spectating two randoms again.

Do you have your turn reserved already? If you do, well, you'll just have to wait.

Spirit of Jazz said:

In our room earlier I saw you with a 2 or 11% DC, was it a glitch or have you had to disconnect already?

jett

D-Member
SolarKnight said:
Do you have your turn reserved already? If you do, well, you'll just have to wait.

Yeah I have my "turn" reserved already. Each lobby only hands one fight at a time? It's moronic how this works.

Raging Spaniard said:
Heres the avatar for Iron E Man. First time drawing Urien, so that was fun (plus, following Daigos coloring and drawing style, who in turn was following Akimans style? Meta!)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v139/XavierGarcia/urien_gaf.png[img]

And a bigger version, so people can look at it :)

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v139/XavierGarcia/urien.jpg[img][/QUOTE]Awesome I love it. Can't wait to get home and switch to it.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
hertog said:
If I wanted easy I'd be one of those sorry sods that only uses Ryu and Ken for every SF.
I want to be original and just trying to have some fun

ryu is cool in 3s tho. denjin set ups and EX donkey kick combos. hes not top tier but a lot of fun.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
haunts said:
ryu is cool in 3s tho. denjin set ups and EX donkey kick combos. hes not top tier but a lot of fun.
the only game where Ryu is cool for those exact reasons.

jett said:
Yeah I have my "turn" reserved already. Each lobby only hands one fight at a time? It's moronic how this works.

But isn't that how it works in every single fighter with lobbies? Like an arcade, only 2 play while the others spectate waiting for their chance against the winner.

I always forget his donkey kick exists =/

Mikhal

Snapshot King said:
I just got this glitch too. 4,294,967,293% disconnect rate!

Top Bottom