• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike Online Edition |OT| Let's fight like gentlemen!

Strider2K99 said:
Is the Quick Standing (or whatever it was called, where you tap down after knockdown to quickly get up) inconsistent with anyone else? I was playing Arcade Mode with Ryu at first and I was able to do it almost all the time, but then today I play Ken and I was able to barely get them out.

Might be just me though.
It also depends on what move you are hit with. Just pointing it out, not sure if you are new to it or not.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
I've played like 10 ranked matches but have no vault points? What's going on?

RedSwirl

I just realized the only way I can play this game comfortably is with a Dreamcast pad. I'm serious. I played it that way for probably five years.

On a Hori stick I can't do double quarter circles worth a damn. And I just hate playing this with a PlayStation D pad. Don't own a TE yet.

abstract alien said:
Could you send me an invite to the chat my good sir?

PSN: xenoetry

Hey my bad bro, saw this message before getting online, i'll make sure to send you an invite next time i'm there!

Ferrio said:
One of the most humiliating defeats last night was when Q beat me

Fixed!

I am in some kind of bizarro world where Hugo is the most popular character behind the shotos. Earlier today I had a lobby going where all 4 players were using him. Including me. Why didn't I realize how fun he was until now? Has there always been a Hugo army and I was just unaware?

GrayFoxPL said:
NAT 2 is proper NAT. You can only get NAT1 if the console isn't connected to the router.
I'm using an Airport router and my 360's NAT1.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
FindMyFarms said:
Says the guy who banned Q! LOL *oro is my main, yes I'm sucking right now* :D

I think the shotos are actually more diff from each other in this than any of the other sf's o.o

and for the love of god I hope no one actually uses Sean seriously, just pick ken the play style is similar but ken is like soooooooooooo much better xD

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Rummy Bunnz said:
I am in some kind of bizarro world where Hugo is the most popular character behind the shotos. Earlier today I had a lobby going where all 4 players were using him. Including me. Why didn't I realize how fun he was until now? Has there always been a Hugo army and I was just unaware?

I'm using an Airport router and my 360's NAT1.
The Hugo Army has always been here. Always.

FindMyFarms said:
Hey my bad bro, saw this message before getting online, i'll make sure to send you an invite next time i'm there!
Thanks farms! I haven't played SF with you since vanilla and I'm still salty as hell. Salty Run Back Grudge Match needs to happen soon lol

XLant

Neo Member
elohel said:
how many people here play as ken or ryu?

be honest
Ken was my main/fall-back up until SFIII/IV but I've been experimenting to find new picks; for IV I'm training with Gen and Dudley and for III Elena and possibly Hugo. If I use Ken these days it's only if I mean business, and I usually play for fun.

I'll probably be playing online more after I've had a chance to go through arcade mode with every character, to get a general feel for them.

Also is anyone else having problems with the combo challenges? The parries I can do, but those combos...and why aren't the target combos included? With VF:FS on the horizon now I just might have to break down and get a new arcade stick.

LakeEarth

I was able to pull off Handicap Battle 5 (the one where you have 0 health). Basically, get the knockdown, and keep doing the uppercut trick on wakeup (where you do the DP exactly when they throw out a normal) over and over again until they're stunned, then finish them off. Timing is tricky though, and getting that first knockdown takes some effort.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
I want to pick this game up, but I am so terrible at fighting games...

I'm debating whether or not it'd be worth the money.

Top Bottom