• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike Online Edition |OT| Let's fight like gentlemen!

Chavelo

haunts said:
good breakdown of the lag issue on ps3/xbox: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7ItSe4Q-gw

que_chingados____by_delanmx.jpg

jtrov said:
Umm, has this happened to anyone? So I was playing an online match, and I guess the other people in the lobby left, so it was just me and the other guy. The game hung after we decided to "rematch", but after awhile the match begun except the colors were messed up and I was controlling his character and he was controlling mine. Then after the match we get out into the lobby and both are disconnect percentages are well above the million mark now. Even though I haven't quit out of any game. WTF...

Yeah! I had the same thing with the controls and the bugged colours. Luckily, my % is still at zero.

Ferrio

Banned
kitzkozan said:
Interesting, I didn't know about that. :) However, it seems that you need to open the port for each specific game, so how can my PS3 be open to the world? 3rd strike online isn't in this list yet as I expected.

You can put your PS3 in DMZ, but even when i did that i'm still showing up as NAT 2....

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
good games to all the GAF peeps I played today!! Me and Axelhortsemchi were having a dope Hugo mirror battle but then I had to scoop up my kids. Beware: The Hugo Army is strong and growing every day.

Twelve did his thing, mikhal was reppin' dat Sean. mad fun all around.

GrayFoxPL

Ferrio said:
You can put your PS3 in DMZ, but even when i did that i'm still showing up as NAT 2....

NAT 2 is proper NAT. You can only get NAT1 if the console isn't connected to the router.

Btw DMZ sometimes fucks things up. When I have DMZ enabled most games play fine but if I try to play T6 online it fucks up really bad and I have to disable it and use port forwarding, then it works.

kitzkozan said:
Interesting, I didn't know about that. :) However, it seems that you need to open the port for each specific game, so how can my PS3 be open to the world? 3rd strike online isn't in this list yet as I expected.

If you look closely most games have the same ports needed to open. Some add a new one, but find few games and open their port and you'll find rest will be repeated.

LowerLevel

kitzkozan said:

I thought the PSN Port Range covers pretty much ALL PSN games? I need to look again.

qcf x2

Cloudius12 said:

That only says Ranked matches, which scares me. They need to fix the whole thing. The slow ass interface. The way you push A because you're not sure if you're set to "Ready" and it kicks you all the way to the back even if you just won. That dumb post-match progress update screen that feels like a pop-up ad. Give options for searching and filtering by proximity/connection quality and the ability to choose your lobby size. Just make it competent, or I'm out.

Never thought I'd say this, but copy the SF4 lobby system.

CPS2

SephirothRK said:
Input lag test for both console PS3/Xbox 360

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/3s-oe-input-lag-testing.144512/

It's the same, according to this test.

I think it's important to realise that doing a jab, on a specific background with specific characters, is only one of millions of possible situations that can occur. I haven't played the ps3 version and am not saying there is or isn't lag, just that tests can be incredibly misleading, people should keep testing if they think there's a problem.

Yea, I hope they don't waste their free patch on JUST the Ranked matchmaking.

Unless Capcom is gonna pay for more patches down the road.

A bunch of stuff needs fixed/tweaked.

kitzkozan

qcf x2 said:
That only says Ranked matches, which scares me. They need to fix the whole thing. The slow ass interface. The way you push A because you're not sure if you're set to "Ready" and it kicks you all the way to the back even if you just won. That dumb post-match progress update screen that feels like a pop-up ad. Give options for searching and filtering by proximity/connection quality and the ability to choose your lobby size. Just make it competent, or I'm out.

Expect a fix for the ranked match problem first, then a possible overhaul later. :p They might as well include the option of playing arcade mode while waiting for an opponent. ;)

Imm0rt4l

qcf x2 said:

seriously, that shit is so annoying.

Mikhal

bob_arctor said:
good games to all the GAF peeps I played today!! Me and Axelhortsemchi were having a dope Hugo mirror battle but then I had to scoop up my kids. Beware: The Hugo Army is strong and growing every day.

Twelve did his thing, mikhal was reppin' dat Sean. mad fun all around.
Good games! The Sean matches were pretty fun!

Rain_ng

Banned
Actually managed to fight a few good players on Ranked tonight and got soundly pummeled by a Dudley, Urien and a Ken, good times! Any of UKGAF want to play an "okay" Hugo: X360: King of Fanta

Warning: I Poison Taunt. A lot.

Spent about thirty minutes in a lobby wiping up scrub shotos with my Alex. I am not exactly a good player but going on a 20+ win streak is a good feeling regardless.

Still waiting on more GAF training partners: XBL GT - Max Talent

galvatron

LowerLevel said:
I thought the PSN Port Range covers pretty much ALL PSN games? I need to look again.
Yeah, I think they just break it down by game to make finding the right instructions as easy as possible. You might be more used to looking up settings per game if you've used the site to set up PC games.

kuYuri

Is the Quick Standing (or whatever it was called, where you tap down after knockdown to quickly get up) inconsistent with anyone else? I was playing Arcade Mode with Ryu at first and I was able to do it almost all the time, but then today I play Ken and I was able to barely get them out.

Might be just me though.

BadWolf

Strider2K99 said:
Is the Quick Standing (or whatever it was called, where you tap down after knockdown to quickly get up) inconsistent with anyone else? I was playing Arcade Mode with Ryu at first and I was able to do it almost all the time, but then today I play Ken and I was able to barely get them out.

Might be just me though.

Are you tapping down twice?

Ferrio

Banned
One of the most humiliating defeats last night was when Q dizzied me with oro, then used 3 bars to use his EX Yagyou-Dama. Talk about overkill.

Top Bottom