• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike Online Edition |OT| Let's fight like gentlemen!

_dementia said:
My Q is giga shit. Any strats?

Three taunts per round is a must, it makes you very hard to kill, lots of standing back + mediun punches (anti air), use standing medium kick close to the rival, is fast and you can combo out of it, jump neutral with medium kick, it has pretty long range and you can use it to punish dashing rivals (lure your oponent spamming normals, he dashes and then you jump neutral with medium kick->standing medium kick->charging straight->super), command grab into dashing straight is always a good idea...and build up meter as fast as you can.

Pumpkins

So with all the online problems ... Is this still worth a purchase? Will that stuff get fixed?

I love Street Fighter, I started playing SFII HD, moved to SSF4, and even tuned in to EVO 2K this year. I've become a fan of the series but I'm wondering if I should buy 3S or not (I've never owned it).

Pumpkins said:
So with all the online problems ... Is this still worth a purchase? Will that stuff get fixed?

I love Street Fighter, I started playing SFII HD, moved to SSF4, and even tuned in to EVO 2K this year. I've become a fan of the series but I'm wondering if I should buy 3S or not (I've never owned it).
Wait for a sale. This isn't worth $15.

Pumpkins said:

defn worth it if you want the best SF available at home. im not much of an online player so that stuff doesnt affect me. i have it on dreamcast and this is a lot better as you can imagine. SFIV seems really hollow compared to this.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Dunno if it has already been discussed, but are the old SF3 version 1 and 2 edition backgrounds included as unlockables in this?

I really hate that they were never brought back in any previous edition. So much nicer than 3rd strike's.

zlatko

Banned
Phat Michael said:
defn worth it if you want the best SF available at home. im not much of an online player so that stuff doesnt affect me. i have it on dreamcast and this is a lot better as you can imagine. SFIV seems really hollow compared to this.

war4290_shaking%20head.gif

Brandon F said:
Dunno if it has already been discussed, but are the old SF3 version 1 and 2 edition backgrounds included as unlockables in this?

I really hate that they were never brought back in any previous edition. So much nicer than 3rd strike's.
No.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
hey_it's_that_dog said:
This might be a dumb question (about the PS3 version), but would using a wired PS2 controller through a USB adapter reduce input lag compared to the DS3 bluetooth connection? Or is any perceived input lag I have going on probably due to my TV?
A good controller converter should only add a few microseconds to the input delay, which is less than insignificant.

What I'm not sure about is whether the USB ports on the PS3 itself cause any perceptible input delay. I've heard conflicting stories from others, and even though it sounds crazy, when I was at PowerUp I could have sworn that my controllers felt less responsive on a 4x USB port console than they did on a 2x USB port console, but it's just as likely that I just wasn't playing well.

Metalic Sand

who is Emo-Beas?
Friend of mine was playing and both characters on screen were invisible(360 version)

Also his disconnects say (DISCONNECTS:4294967287%) wtf? I was watching him stream it.

565Sv.jpg

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Ive been encountering weird glitches all day. I played a long set with devil trigger and all kinds of fun things happened. My music cut out for pretty frequently. I one match the K.O. sound effect played a good 6 seconds before the round was over. Weird screen flickering (although minor). I guess its not a big deal but it was pretty noticeable.

Metalic Sand said:
Friend of mine was playing and both characters on screen were invisible(360 version)

Also his disconnects say (DISCONNECTS:4294967287%) wtf? I was watching him stream it.

http://i.imgur.com/565Sv.jpg
wow, lol!

My discon rate is 6% I think. This was after one disconnect. During a match the opponent wasn't doing anything, and not really thinking I paused and chose 'exit game' - I didn't bank on there being no 'do you really want to' message, so it was bam, straight back to the menu screen.

I didn't realize that Stanley Lau had created a second group art piece for this game as well until I saw it as my theme today. (The one with Gill in the center.)

Does anyone have a link to that picture? I really dig the work he did for this game.

Shearie

I love this game so much! My prior experience with SF3 was playing New Generation when it came out a couple of times at a Golfland where no one else was playing it (so sad) and on the PS2 collection against the computer. After finally being able to play against other people and loving it, I really hope the community stays with this game well after new fighting games come out. This and the new Virtua Fighter are all I need.

So I just got done playing some ranked matches. I was practicing in the Trials mode when suddenly I get this message:

jzv7vb.jpg

Can anyone here translate it? I replied back with some romaji (that was most likely phonetically incorrect XD), but I haven't got a reply back.

I hope it's not the guy my connection dropped on... >_<

CecilMcW00t said:
So I just got done playing some ranked matches. I was practicing in the Trials mode when suddenly I get this message:

jzv7vb.jpg

Can anyone here translate it? I replied back with some romaji (that was most likely phonetically incorrect XD), but I haven't got a reply back.

not sure what the first part is saying, but the 2nd part says something about not being very skillful.

Cloudius12 said:
not sure what the first part is saying, but the 2nd part says something about not being very skillful.

Ouch... Like I'm not very skillful? Or he isn't? It's cool if you're not sure, thanks for trying. =)

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
CecilMcW00t said:

jzv7vb.jpg

Amusing. He says, in extremely rude language, "Don't you dare run away! You suck." Rarely see that kind of crap from JP players.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
CecilMcW00t said:

jzv7vb.jpg

That's really surprising! (Nice translation from Aokage). Maybe he's new-age Japanese player and just joking/trolling...

Whenever I've played the same Japanese player on Steam (AE) consecutively, I always send them a little thank you note, and they reply with the coolest of messages. It's really endearing. Maybe this guy has just spent too much time playing with foreigners ;)

Ferrio said:
Ah, I feel much better about my shitty Makoto

dmfhi9.jpg

I've already gotten two rage e-mails about "mashing throw" as if that's even possible in this game. It's hilarious how few people online understand how the grappling system in 3S works.

Aokage said:
Amusing. He says, in extremely rude language, "Don't you dare run away! You suck." Rarely see that kind of crap from JP players.

Yikes! So I guess it was the player my connection dropped on. Oops... >_>

Oh and I forgot to add my PSN to the list earlier.

PSN: CecilMcW00t (region: California)

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Well, I finally decided to buy it (been playing PS2-version all this time).

Here we go, best fighter of all time, let's get it on yeah I'll select and pick the best one.

.la1n

Aokage said:

LMAO? Seriously? They can be just as rude and ignorant as any other culture.

throws in the SF3s don't bother me because they have the fastest animations and you can quick get up when you impact on the ground

SF4 throws however had a lengthy long animations and did not allow you to quick-get-up after being thrown which was infuriating against Sagat

bs000

Red Liquorice said:
I was just looking at a match I uploaded last night, didn't notice it at the time of play, but my opponent does Genei Jin, the timer is there, but no shadows - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlEmLdd-HnI&t=1m18s - another glitch?

Are you just looking at the YouTube video or is it like that in the replay in-game too? Videos are usually 30fps and the shadow is like every other frame or something so when it's recording it skips all the shadow frames so you don't see the shadow. You'll see that alot on 3S videos. The same thing happens with the flash during EX moves.

Twelve mirror match. I was tempted to choose XCOPY Super just to see what it did, but went for Super Art 1, which won me the first round, so good job I didn't!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtyMvaM9r2M

bs000 said:
Are you just looking at the YouTube video or is it like that in the replay in-game too? Videos are usually 30fps and the shadow is like every other frame or something so when it's recording it skips all the shadow frames so you don't see the shadow. You'll see that alot on 3S videos. The same thing happens with the flash during EX moves.
Doh! You're right I just watched it in game and the shadows were there!

Alucrid

Banned
I'm complete ass at this game. Being spoiled by SFIV and MvC3's ease of linking and canceling moves makes me feel so inept at SFIII. :(

Finally got a chance to play it for a bit last night and damn SF4 shortcuts have messed me up. It's a coin flip right now whether or not a DP comes out when I try. Need to tighten up my execution.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Metalic Sand said:

565Sv.jpg

My disconnect percentage is like that on 360 too. Seen a few others with it...it's some weird glitch.

Vespa

Game is awesome but not perfect.

Most wanted in a patch:
Region filter/Good connection filter. (Game is smooth with all my friends in my region and all other green ping players)

Finding an opponent in ranked within a human lifespan (Patch on the way)

Would be nice if patched:
Adding arcade/training interrupt for ranked

Taking random off start and going back to pressing start+button for console/2i colours (fuck toggle and random!)

UI tweak for getting ready in a lobby, I'm betting randoms are joining and then not understanding why they're not getting to play, representing you are ready by a small number next to your name isn't clear!
----

Some youtube vids of trials to help since the descriptions are garbage and there's no replay to show what they're asking.

VesperArcade Trials:

Ibuki
Ken
Akuma
Chun Li
Urien
Yang
Twelve
Alex
Hugo
Elena
Ryu
Necro
Remy

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Still haven't been able to get on late night. Seems I can't parry married life! :-(

I should be able to host again today though, like 2pm. Will post here to confirm.

Really should work on my Remy; I lose way more with him even compared to Twelve.

Top Bottom