• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike Online Edition |OT| Let's fight like gentlemen!

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Crisis said:
Hey guys. Quick question. What are the bed general tips for fighting Akuma? I'm using Dudley, Makoto, and Ryu when I play, and I'm actually fairly adept with Ryu and Dudley, but even against normal AI, Akuma is my worst personal matchup by far.

Well, you dont want him controlling the pace and distance with his fireballs, so my advice is that once you get him down stay close since he cant take damage for shit. get used to dashing under air fireballs!

Crisis

Banned
Raging Spaniard said:
Well, you dont want him controlling the pace and distance with his fireballs, so my advice is that once you get him down stay close since he cant take damage for shit. get used to dashing under air fireballs!
That's... Actually good advice. I do it all the time in AE, so I'm too rusty at this game if I can't remember that. Thanks!

Against the Ai I can't even finish arcade mode on easiest difficulty...
PLayed on-line ranked, and the only matches I lost were because of huge lag issues...

Or everyone sucks even worse than I do,
or there's something strange going on...

Skilletor

Animation-Imp said:
Against the Ai I can't even finish arcade mode on easiest difficulty...
PLayed on-line ranked, and the only matches I lost were because of huge lag issues...

Or everyone sucks even worse than I do,
or there's something strange going on...

There is no corelation between player skill level in a real match and the ability to beat a computer at a fighting game.

ShaneB

Yoshichan said:
No, do mind me.

Leave.

edit: Also, lost my first game, bwahhahahha

Hilarious scrubs. That was the most unplayable match I've ever witnessed in fighting game history.

I don't understand the logic of laughing at scrubs in this. Game has been out for years and years. Some people have been playing it for a very long time, some people are playing it for the very first time. There's going to be plenty of mismatches..... also you play Chun.

oracrest

Yoshichan said:
Well, I finally decided to buy it (been playing PS2-version all this time).

Here we go, best fighter of all time, let's get it on yeah I'll select and pick the best one.

I like the cut of your jib.

Yoshichan said:
No, do mind me.

Leave.

edit: Also, lost my first game, bwahhahahha

Hilarious scrubs. That was the most unplayable match I've ever witnessed in fighting game history.

I don't understand this mindset. A large number (especially just at launch after its new gained popularity) are people who haven't played 3rd strike before. Don't expect everyone you fight online to be someone that's going to try to learn how to play the game at a pro-level.

I'm almost positive you were "scrub" as shit when you first started too. This isn't fallout where everyone else levels up with you.

narcosis219 said:
I don't understand this mindset. A large number (especially just at launch after its new gained popularity) are people who haven't played 3rd strike before. Don't expect everyone you fight online to be someone that's going to try to learn how to play the game at a pro-level.

I'm almost positive you were "scrub" as shit when you first started too. This isn't fallout where everyone else levels up with you.
If matchmaking actually worked, the quality of his opponent would rise with him.

Kioshen

Animation-Imp said:
PLayer matches with my friends are silky smooth though...
Ultra fast with no noticeable lag what so ever.

The problem is the matchmaking...

Same thing for me. Never had any trouble with friends and some are far away. I'm staying away from matchmaking until they patch their stupid implementation. Trials and casuals with friends with no lag is more than enough for now.

@ShaneB

Really don't mind him. He's always talking trash in the sf4 thread and whining when he doesn't win with Yun.

DarkGiygas said:
God, I've played about 10 ranked matches today... ALL of them have been lagfests! This is so bad...
Well if the connection is bad, ggpo can't do a miracle. Played some people from my region in lobby and it runs super smooth, even americans can be played well from here (germany), but I ran too often in japanese Uriens haha.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
_dementia said:
I think this will be SF3:Offline Edition for me.

really?? are you on 360? we can do lobby matches and it'll be smooth, at least from my experience. i guess it's a good thing i don't give a rats ass about ranking; just want some good, steady comp so gaf peeps are more than enough in that regard.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
_dementia said:
No. I was going to double dip, but I can't further reward Capcom for releasing the game in this state.

my boy who's going through a divorce is staying with me and he has his PS3 here so i think i will start going on PSN to play more GAF heads. only thing is that his stick has an octogonal gate and i really need to get used to how loose it is. it feels like the throw is just endless.

i'll ask him for his psn tag later actually.

Calibrated

Neo Member
OK just got this, anyone up for scrub matches hit me up! In uk but can see what the connection is like anywhere i guess...

Edit forgot to say im on 360 and gamertag is calibrated :)

ShaneB

Kioshen said:
Same thing for me. Never had any trouble with friends and some are far away. I'm staying away from matchmaking until they patch their stupid implementation. Trials and casuals with friends with no lag is more than enough for now.

@ShaneB

Really don't mind him. He's always talking trash in the sf4 thread and whining when he doesn't win with Yun.

I'll pretty much always stick to player lobbies, so the matchmaking stuff is a non issue for me.

And yeah, I saw his antics in the ssf4 thread, but figured best not to mention it ;)

Leunam

I want to stick to player lobbies as well but they're always set at eight players. Unless I'm playing with people I know, I'd rather be in a small lobby.

LakeEarth

Crisis said:
Hey guys. Quick question. What are the bed general tips for fighting Akuma? I'm using Dudley, Makoto, and Ryu when I play, and I'm actually fairly adept with Ryu and Dudley, but even against normal AI, Akuma is my worst personal matchup by far.
Against the AI, all you have to do is turtle. He'll eventually do an unsafe short hurricane kick which you can punish with whatever you want.

jett

D-Member
Join failed
Join failed
Join failed
Join failed
Join failed
Join failed
Join failed

Ugh everything about online in this game is an abortion. I wish I could get a refund.

Xosen

OMG! I have just played against an invisible Ken... and WON! :D I think he was more confuse than I was :p

Patch can't come soon enough...

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Already bored of this shit online play.

Versus from now on.

BadWolf

I was going to get it but I think I'll stick to supercade for now.

That being said, SA2 Yun is fun as hell. The guy is like a bullet with his EX moves (SA2 gives you plently of bar), its such a rush playing him. I feel like I'm all over the place.

qcf x2

Dartastic said:
My game is now stuck in Syncing Stats. Forever. :/ UGH.

Yeah, even Player Match has gone to shit now. And Kick Player only works SOMETIMES, otherwise you know you have to sit through an unplayable match before it even starts.

I swear, if 3s wasn't the best fighting game ever made, I wouldn't even bother.

Muchi Muchi Pink said:
Why do you play yun without geneijin? And ranked is unplayable right now on 360.

yeah, I have never gotten into a ranked match and I try once every time I turn it on.

fuck this game and fuck whatever caused them to push it out before it was actually working.

Ferrio said:
Wonder if it'll ever be fixed, it is gamespy after all..

360 version is screwed too and doesn't have gamespy.

fudge it, I'm buying Deus Ex and hopefully by the time I'm done this thing will be in working order.

Top Bottom