• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike Online Edition |OT| Let's fight like gentlemen!

Rain_ng

Banned
Anyone else shudder when they get matched up against someone with "srk" in their name? I just know I'm gonna get the shit kicked outta me, lol

RyanDG

Since I got myself set up with the PS3 version last night, if anyone is up for some scrubby Remy matches, hit me up... My PSN id is ryandg82.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
So... when are people going to get good at this game?

Jumped straight to online with my SA2 Chun and this winning streak is reaching Mahvel 3-streak (26 wins).

edit: Oh and I'm only using b.fierce and c.forward ♥

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Yoshichan said:
So... when are people going to get good at this game?

Jumped straight to online with my SA2 Chun and this winning streak is reaching Mahvel 3-streak (26 wins).

edit: Oh and I'm only using b.fierce and c.forward ♥

Yep. That's why.

A lot of players coming from SFIV will not be used to just how damn good basic Chun is.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Hahahah, took some time but my first rage quitter just entered the building!

Please, if you suck at this game. Stop trying, go back to that shitty other SF-abomination.

Yoshichan said:
Please, if you suck at this game. Stop trying, go back to that shitty other SF-abomination.
okay-face.jpg

Yoshichan

You know you don't belong there _dem!

You're one of us.

LowParry

Rain_ng said:
Anyone else shudder when they get matched up against someone with "srk" in their name? I just know I'm gonna get the shit kicked outta me, lol

No. most people from srk are trash. Gutter trash.

alstein

Rain_ng said:

Usually those guys aren't that good.

That said, folks aren't going to get better. They'll just move to other games.

Vespa

MThanded said:
I suck at this game.

Don't give up! It'll click and then the fun will begin.

How are the trials coming along for you? I think some of the basics are worth practicing on repeatedly until your confident and getting them 100%. Man, they should have included 2i's parry attack mode <3

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
So what did this new update do??

Edit: dem, youtube is your friend. even so, it's just a hard technique to master imo. from what I understand, you'd have to charge b then hit f and then immediately back and only then hit punch for the tackle so that way your next charge is stored already for the next juggle. I think.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
_dementia said:
Could be a glitch

Pretty sure it's a common one. Disconnect rates were all over the place in the last lobby I made with friends. We had only played with each other that night. One of them had a 33%.

Yoshichan

I played against someone with 31% disconnection rate...

Low and behold, he d/ced on me :lol

Leunam

Wizpig said:
Disconnects: 2%? what the fuck? i never once quitted during a match.

I got a 50% disconnect rate after someone dropped out of my second ever online match. It's pretty stupid. It came down to 7% after I was done for the night.

Played something around ten matches last night. Half were laggy, the other half, mostly against one guy, were not. If something says "online edition" in the title, it isn't too much to ask for decent online performance. Aside from that, it was pretty fun. I played as Ryu back when I played on 2DF, but I went with Urien this time around since I've never played a charge character seriously before.

_dementia said:
Chariot tackle juggles are rewarding but 90% of the time I can only land one. Is there a good charge partitioning tutorial anywhere?

Do this for practice:

1. Jump forward and charge down back while in the air
2. When you land, backdash and continue charging after you've input the dash
3. When you recover from your dash, hit up+punch and if done correctly, you'll headbutt

The real test, of course, is using it in a match. :D

_dementia said:
Chariot tackle juggles are rewarding but 90% of the time I can only land one. Is there a good charge partitioning tutorial anywhere?
When you do the first one, charge back RIGHT AWAY lol. Do the 2nd one with down-forward if you want to do a headbutt after. (Both tackles are with mk)

Once you learn the timing you won't forget, same with partitioning.

V_Arnold

I think that this game's biggest issue right now is that there is no "same region" filter. No point blaming the game when fighting games with this battle system will NOT be able to sustain a 250-400ms that naturally comes with the distance between players on different continents. There are a few exceptions, obviously (like east coast to UK, I guess, etc), but still.

V_Arnold

_dementia said:

That is not a charge partition. That is charge buffering simply.

Charge partitioning is easy:
Step one: Charge for anytime but LESS than the full charge time (so if you need 1 second of charge, you can charge the first portion to half or 3/4 second)
Step two: perform the action that you need. Like parry or forward dash
Step three: immediately resume the charging to back/down, and then once the action you are performing finishes:
Step four: ???
Step five: finish the proper charge-movement, and tada, the action comes out.

With Urien, you can charge for half a second, then dash forward, then while dashing, add the remaining half second to your charge and then the move comes out after the dash.

Boogybro

Can't have a ranked match.
Can't upload or view replays.

Anyone know what's going on with my game? Oh, and I just had to download a 2mb update. Xbox Live btw.

Wizpig

The update basically made the game worse than before, online wise.

There's now the "Upload to youtube™" option, but it doesn't work.

When it DOES actually work... do you need to put in your Youtube data? before or after you upload the replay?

STG

Wizpig said:

When it DOES actually work... do you need to put in your Youtube data? before or after you upload the replay?
I am relatively sure you enter nothing on the 360, as far as I know it goes to some capcom account and not yours

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Boogybro said:
Can't have a ranked match.
Can't upload or view replays.

Anyone know what's going on with my game? Oh, and I just had to download a 2mb update. Xbox Live btw.

The update was supposed to help with Ranked matchmaking. Has it?

EDIT: I'm wrong. It was just supposed to fix the Youtube uploading.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
so basically, ranked and quick match are broken? i have yet to bother trying either one. strictly hosting GAF lobbies for me and it's been flawless. i'm nat 2 and have only experienced maybe 1 or 2 ggpo style rollbacks.

LakeEarth

Yeah getting a ranked match can take forever, and there is no way to say "good connections only". They tried to make it simple. Well if you're going to make it simple, make it work.

gfdoom

man i luv this game! been years since I've played and as you can see from my vid, my Q is a bit rusty ( I normally play twelve). But i did have a nice little comeback. That akuma then sent me a nice little hate message inwhich i had to translate from spanish online lol. Gotta luv them haters...
MY rusty Q

gfdoom said:
man i luv this game! been years since I've played and as you can see from my vid, my Q is a bit rusty ( I normally play twelve). But i did have a nice little comeback. That akuma then sent me a nice little hate message inwhich i had to translate from spanish online lol. Gotta luv them haters...
MY rusty Q

Great comeback and finish!

God, if they just had geographic settings for matches it would cut out a lot of the lag. Sometimes it's just too much to even bother, quite a few times I've just stopped in the middle of a match and let the other player win it's just quicker.

I just faced a Makoto, she was on the other side of the screen, next thing I know I'm in Karakusa, she just teleported right in front of me - Wish she had that move in AE!

Crisis

Banned
Hey guys. Quick question. What are the bed general tips for fighting Akuma? I'm using Dudley, Makoto, and Ryu when I play, and I'm actually fairly adept with Ryu and Dudley, but even against normal AI, Akuma is my worst personal matchup by far.

Yoshichan

Leunam said:
Don't mind him. He's just upset that his top tier choice is getting nerfed.
No, do mind me.

Leave.

edit: Also, lost my first game, bwahhahahha

Hilarious scrubs. That was the most unplayable match I've ever witnessed in fighting game history.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Wizpig said:

Awesome.

Top Bottom