• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike Online Edition |OT| Let's fight like gentlemen!

Oh no....im becoming 1 with Q..I love it! Im getting alright with him. Only problem I have is when im waking up in the corner. I have a hard time escaping. Any tips Q players?

Smision said:
360 version is screwed too and doesn't have gamespy.

fudge it, I'm buying Deus Ex and hopefully by the time I'm done this thing will be in working order.

You know what's funny? Tonight I played 3-4 hrs straight without any problems, but today in the afternoon it started to be shit.

giancarlo123x said:
Oh no....im becoming 1 with Q..I love it! Im getting alright with him. Only problem I have is when im waking up in the corner. I have a hard time escaping. Any tips Q players?
Q in the corner is Z tier. The only character I think that has a harder time is Urien, lol.
I can only pray poke into tick capture and deadly blow, but that's betting the farm. Guess parry instead maybe?

GrayFoxPL

jett said:
Join failed
Join failed
Join failed
Join failed
Join failed
Join failed
Join failed

Ugh everything about online in this game is an abortion. I wish I could get a refund.
I'm thinking of dropping playing this online or at all until they'll fix it. It felt like I got dozen of matches in 5 hours of playing. Clusterfuck.

_dementia said:
I like how "Hug" is in Hugo's name

I wonder if that was intentional.
He's German, it's a German name. Not everything revolves around English language.

AwShucks

Reading this topic before playing I was getting super worried about connection and ranked searching times.

I worried for nothing. Sure ranked can take a while to find a match, but I'd say 50% of the time for me it finds a match within ~20 seconds. Only about 10% of the matches it finds are with poor ping opponents.

Player matches worked flawlessly for me. One with a friend one state away and the other with a friend half the US away.

I hope other people are having as good of an experience as I am, because I'm happy so far.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Holy fucking shit. I'm literally going to sue Capcom for this online.

This is the exact same thing as going into an Adidas shop, finding something nice and buy it. Get home, try it out and notice it says Puma on it.

Fucking thieves, give me my money back. Assholes.

Ferrio

Banned
Yoshichan said:

This is the exact same thing as going into an Adidas shop, finding something nice and buy it. Get home, try it out and notice it says Puma on it.

So much anger. Ya online isn't the greatest, but it was worth the 15 dollars I believe.

Kioshen

Yoshichan said:

What you can't win with SA2 Chun anymore ?

giancarlo123x said:

A throw, or command throw if they are close to you, against a fireball or similar don´t be afraid and try parries, then dashing straight low and jump over, if they jump, use back+ m. punch.

If you are patient, you can manage to escape, but the key for survival is being able to do three taunts in the round, with the health bonus, Q is a goddamn tank anywhere, even cornered.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Kioshen said:
What you can't win with SA2 Chun anymore ?
Want to see my 30+ streak I'm at? Winning has nothing to do with this.

Yoshichan said:

Yeesh. Anger issues.

Imm0rt4l

Rain_ng said:
Anyone else shudder when they get matched up against someone with "srk" in their name? I just know I'm gonna get the shit kicked outta me, lol
This is funny, cuz anytime I play someone with srk in their name on SF4 I know I'm going to win.

Yoshichan

TE's long gone. Using some random NEOGEO-stick... 4 buttons, cuz that shit is all I need.

Ferrio

Banned
My favorite moments in this game goes like this:

Opponent picks Yun/Chun/Ken
"Fuck fuck fuck fuck"
Opponent picks SA1/SA1/SA2
"YES YES YES"

Around the time New Generation was being developed, Alex Valle was the A2 champion right?

Did Capcom name Alex in SF3 after him? I remember that being a rumor. Is there anything substantiating that?

Yoshichan

STG said:
I have the same one!

but never tried on sf3 :I
Trust me, it's really bad (for 3s at least). If you're not playing Chun, it's not recommended at all.

Teknoman

Even if the online stays strange/never fixed, i'm still obligated to pick it up since I no longer have my anniversary collection. I'd think the issues would be fixed since they cant really release a Hyper Street Fighter 3 third strike.

Teknoman said:
Even if the online stays strange/never fixed, i'm still obligated to pick it up since I no longer have my anniversary collection. I'd think the issues would be fixed since they cant really release a Hyper Street Fighter 3 third strike.
Wouldn't it be cheaper to rebuy Anniversary Collection instead?
$10.49 on Amazon

Yoshichan

bob_arctor said:
chun players only need 2 buttons: one for FP, one for MK.
Sorry man, I'm one of those pro Chun that uses overheads (so that I can trick them into c.mk) and lk shenanigans in the air after my SA2.

Yoshichan said:

i mean, it's about on par with most fighting game releases, but par fucking sucks with half the options or more busted

what the fuck does "quick match" (or ranked in this game) even do??!! why can't it ever find anyone?!!!

it is a mystery

Smision said:
i mean, it's about on par with most fighting game releases, but par fucking sucks with half the options or more busted

what the fuck does "quick match" (or ranked in this game) even do??!! why can't it ever find anyone?!!!

it is a mystery
Ranked matchmaking is the most horrible shit ever it takes me AT LEAST 5 minutes to find a game.

_dementia said:
Ranked matchmaking is the most horrible shit ever it takes me AT LEAST 5 minutes to find a game.

meanwhile in SSFIV, that's the only way I play because it's done correctly (you host a room)

CAPCOM FEATURE PARITY ftw

Yoshichan

_dementia said:
5 minutes? I'm lucky if I find someone with red connection in 5 minutes bro ._.

Muchi Muchi Pink said:
ok a youtube upload worked, but where can I find it? 360 here.
I think Capcom has a meta channel they all get uploaded to. I hope you chose a specific name!

Smision said:
meanwhile in SSFIV, that's the only way I play because it's done correctly (you host a room)

CAPCOM FEATURE PARITY ftw
Vacuum development FTL. Backwards-ass company.

Yoshichan

Someone I just played did absolutely nothing besides parrying... seriously, what the hell is going on? Practice mode, anyone? He didn't even punish after parrying.

Imm0rt4l

giancarlo123x said:
Im tired of my DS3 and want to try to improve my game. Can you guys recommend me some go sticks without breaking the bank too hard?
Madcatz TE is good, I wouldn't really recommend the SE. It's not cheap I know, but it's not one of the more expensive sticks either.

Yoshichan

giancarlo123x said:
Im tired of my DS3 and want to try to improve my game. Can you guys recommend me some go sticks without breaking the bank too hard?
Is this the first time you'll be playing stick? Go for pro straight away, TE-stick.

Imm0rt4l said:
Madcatz TE is good, I wouldn't really recommend the SE. It's not cheap I know, but it's not one of the more expensive sticks either.
Not to mention SE is long out of print and harder to find these days.

Teknoman

_dementia said:
Wouldn't it be cheaper to rebuy Anniversary Collection instead?
$10.49 on Amazon

Maybe, but its got a lot of features that seem like pretty good additions.

EDIT: I'm no stick expert, but aside from my start button dying once, the SE stick doesnt seem like its that bad of a stick in the least bit.

RS4-

Muchi Muchi Pink said:
Yeah, but no capture card for me :/

iphone, webcam! I have no idea where the 360 uploads go to in terms of youtube.

I'll probably just put my uploads on my YT account instead of relying on the 360 youtube thing. At least the upload I put up on the first day via the server is still there.

giancarlo123x said:

If you don´t want to spend too much, go for the Brawl Stick, the stock parts are madcatz sanwa clones, but they´re quite good, nearly identical.

But if you plan to use an stick on a regular basis, Madcatz Tournament Edition or Hori Real Arcade Pro, those are the best options (a custom with sanwa/seimitsu parts is a good option too)

mbmonk

I bought a used SE stick off of Amazon, and it was a waste. The buttons were already sticking when I got it. Cleaning them only worked for a short period of time.

I bought a TE stick and regret not doing it earlier. It's really a quality stick. If you bought the SE new maybe you would have a different experience than I did.

I currently have the shell of a PS3 SE stick. I might just give it away to a good home (US only). It would require the owner to buy a new joystick and buttons. I gutted it because those parts were in terrible shape.

Top Bottom