• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike Online Edition |OT| Let's fight like gentlemen!

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Pretty disappointing to read about all these online issues. Still hesitant to pick it up, may wait for a patch.

Also, anyone playing with the SF4 fight pads?

giancarlo123x said:
Would that last for a long time? I play SF3 and other fighting games for about 3 hours a day or more so I need something to go the distance.
It uses the same Sanwa parts as the TE. They're designed for arcade machines that, as you can imagine, receive hours of daily wear and tear.

RS4-

Fuck, was on my way to winning a match and the power goes out.

But yeah, haven't had any problems finding matches.

Teknoman said:
Hmm...now you guys have me thinking about selling my Fighting Stick 3, 360 SE stick, and just using that towards a tournament edition.
I would recommend doing that. The Fighting Stick 3 is a particularly awful controller.

Teknoman

_dementia said:
I would recommend doing that. The Fighting Stick 3 is a particularly awful controller.

Yeah, I just grabbed one as an intro to sticks waaay back when the official arcade stick thread was on the front page most of the time. Dont really have problems with either, but since the tournament seems really well built, its probably time to graduate.

zlatko

Banned
I give up. I don't have the patience for 7 years on finding a match on ranked, and I don't have the patience to try and play the red bars that join the games I host in private.

My two buddies who are dick riding this game hard have had several glitches where the screen goes black on them, the character swapping glitch, and one where both players control the same character. They still think the game is awesome, even though between them they've gotten a total of 5 ranked matches, and the rest of the time has been spent in lobbies or playing each other on lag. (West to east coast, works fine for them on SF4, but on SF3 it's a slide show lol)

If Capcom can fix this with their miracle patch, sign me up for giving the game another go. Akuma is boat loads of fun in this game, but as is this is a virtual paper weight I have no use for. If I could get a refund, then I'd be all over it in a heartbeat.

Edit: What did that 2MB update do by the way? I thought it fixed YT uploading, but it didn't work. I thought then maybe it fixed uploading replays to the server, or watching from the server, and that's still also busted.

Satyamdas

Banned
qcf x2 said:
Yeah, even Player Match has gone to shit now. And Kick Player only works SOMETIMES, otherwise you know you have to sit through an unplayable match before it even starts.

I swear, if 3s wasn't the best fighting game ever made, I wouldn't even bother.
mj-laughingqdvl.gif

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
zlatko said:
Edit: What did that 2MB update do by the way? I thought it fixed YT uploading, but it didn't work. I thought then maybe it fixed uploading replays to the server, or watching from the server, and that's still also busted.

The patch activated YT uploading. The actual replay server is still down due to some sort of thing going on with Microsoft themselves. Apparently, encoded YT videos are also distributed using the replay server.

I get the impression when the server is finally online, both in-game replays and YT uploads will then go through - it's not a matter of patching the game itself for those.

oracrest

Yoshichan said:
Someone I just played did absolutely nothing besides parrying... seriously, what the hell is going on? Practice mode, anyone? He didn't even punish after parrying.

Lol, I do that sometimes. Not for a whole match, but if someone us shooting projectiles non-stop, I'll get some parry practice in. I got some good down parrying with a Remy last night. I think I had always tried to down right parry before, instead of straight down.

Practice mode is great, but nothing beats a real time player who could throw anything at you at any time...

Edit: I picked up a SFIV tourney stick. Still getting used to the feel of it, but I like it. A question for those more used to it, does the joystick activate a direction with just a small nudge? My gigas seems fickle, and I'm wondering if I just need to do more subtle movements with the stick.

Satyamdas

Banned
oracrest said:
Lol, I do that sometimes. Not for a whole match, but if someone us shooting projectiles non-stop, I'll get some parry practice in. I got some good down parrying with a Remy last night. I think I had always tried to down right parry before, instead of straight down.

Practice mode is great, but nothing beats a real time player who could throw anything at you at any time...

Edit: I picked up a SFIV tourney stick. Still getting used to the feel of it, but I like it. A question for those more used to it, does the joystick activate a direction with just a small nudge? My gigas seems fickle, and I'm wondering if I just need to do more subtle movements with the stick.
MadCatz TE stick? If so, then you only need to move the stick far enough to hear the *click* for the input to register. Very subtle movements are all that is necessary.

ShaneB

oracrest said:

This is when it would be obvious to tell you to turn in input display and hit up training mode, but 3soe doesn't have input display... grrrrr..

:(

You'll hear that click for all the movement you need... edit.. what Saty said.

oracrest

Satyamdas said:
MadCatz TE stick? If so, then you only need to move the stick far enough to hear the *click* for the input to register. Very subtle movements are all that is necessary.

Yeah, that's the one, thanks!

I did it! Advanced Parry training #10. I think took me as long as fubarduck on the stream lol. I never really practice parring it before. The think that irks me is red parry...this is going to take a while to get used to.

V_Arnold

Had a blast with this tonight too. Made 3-4-5 player lobbies, played a lot.
I start to gravitate towards Urien more and more. Alex is good too, but the different Aegis setups of Urien are much more interesting for some reason.

Also, random parries are insane :D

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
Some of the most god awful music I've ever heard. The fact that i can't just shut off the music is killing my enjoyment of this game.

Ferrio

Banned
TONX said:
Some of the most god awful music I've ever heard. The fact that i can't just shut off the music is killing my enjoyment of this game.

You can turn it to the original soundtrack, which is better.

Morris

Disco Devil
Cloudius12 said:
I did it! Advanced Parry training #10. I think took me as long as fubarduck on the stream lol. I never really practice parring it before. The think that irks me is red parry...this is going to take a while to get used to.

I did that shit last night too!. I totally felt like daigo lol. Once I got the parries down I was having a terrible time doing the strong dp after cr mk, but I managed to do it after getting hadouken xx sa3 for like 15 times lol

And yeah parries are gonna be hard to get used to for someone who is a semi-new 3s player, I still don't really get the timing for the red parry...

On a different note, i'm extremely dissapointed with the online, I don't see myself playing this much if all I keep seeing on a match is people teleporting left and right then hitting me out of seemingly nowhere. Maybe my connection is hella ass, but I don't have this kind of problem with other fighting games...

I don't get this GGPO.

My connection is good enough for MVC3, AE, BB, T6. Why isn't it good enough for OE? I really hope it's a backside server problem or something.

I would rather have the "underwater effect" that all the teleporting around tbh, if I have to choose my online trade off.

After various bad matches, I came across a marathon tournament for four players. Got some good matches against a great Elena (which I lost) and then watched an amazing Ibuki wreck the place. By the time she was done the Elena player had dropped though, so there were no finals.

Youtube uploading works fine for me, although 240p and crappy compression only. Better than nothing.

Grokbu

I've mostly had good experiences vs. other swedes. Not sure, but I assume that if you have a bit of lag in BB you don't notice it as much as you would in GGPO.

Do you guys have laggy matches vs. others from the same country (or state might fit better with USA)?
Dunno if it helps but try to crank up the GGPO delay a bit.

ThatCrazyGuy said:
I don't get this GGPO.

My connection is good enough for MVC3, AE, BB, T6. Why isn't it good enough for OE? I really hope it's a backside server problem or something.

I would rather have the "underwater effect" that all the teleporting around tbh, if I have to choose my online trade off.
You could try switching your GGPO option to the smoothest possible and try it out.

Top Bottom