• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike Online Edition |OT| Let's fight like gentlemen!

RyanDG

Superblatt said:
Anyone else just feel that the UI and character select music change are MAJOR issues? Sure, the core game seems fine - which I realize is what everyone really gives a shit about -- but something just seems off to me. I think I'm going to stick to my Dreamcast copy of 3S. Call me crazy, but it just feels better. And, considering the online mode is essentially broken, I'd MUCH rather play an arcade perfect port.

You may want to track down one of the other versions of Street Fighter 3 Third strike then...

Part of your problem may be that you haven't been playing an arcade perfect port for the past 10 years. ;)

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Superblatt said:
I'd MUCH rather play an arcade perfect port.
Wait.

WAIT.

WHAT

hey_it's_that_dog said:
No. No one else feels this way.

If this is the new attitude of Gaffers, I'm fucking out of here. At least have a comment and generate some type of adult-like response. Everyone in here is talking about the piss poor online performance. We all get it - IT SUCKS. I'm asking others if they feel that the craptastic UI and garbage rap char select screen music are just as bad in their eyes. If you have an opinion, it's welcomed. Otherwise, I know a couple other gaming forums that you might in fit better with.

RyanDG said:
You may want to track down one of the other versions of Street Fighter 3 Third strike then...

Part of your problem may be that you haven't been playing an arcade perfect port for the past 10 years. ;)

OK Ok ok...I'll play my Xbox or PS collection version. Either way, I'm not happy with the new version thus far. Online or not.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
hahaha what the fuck is happening in this thread?? bitch fest supreme. also, the character select music can easily be changed to the original in "Vault" music settings.

bob_arctor said:
hahaha what the fuck is happening in this thread?? bitch fest supreme. also, the character select music can easily be changed to the original in "Vault" music settings.

Oh. haha. scratch that complaint off my list.

Soulstar

Superblatt said:
Anyone else just feel that the UI and character select music change are MAJOR issues? Sure, the core game seems fine - which I realize is what everyone really gives a shit about -- but something just seems off to me. I think I'm going to stick to my Dreamcast copy of 3S. Call me crazy, but it just feels better. And, considering the online mode is essentially broken, I'd MUCH rather play an arcade perfect port.

No. Not at all.

Also it only takes a couple of rounds to switch the character music.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Superblatt said:
Oh. haha. scratch that complaint off my list.

Its not like they dont take you seriously, its that you are passing judgment on something that is easy to research. If you ask questions without the FUCK THIS attitude, youll get the responses you want faster :)

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I wish I could become like Raging Spaniard... but this game brings out the deepest elitism in my body. I truly despise everyone who talks/tries playing 3s and started fighting with IV.

I should seek help.

Raging Spaniard said:
Its not like they dont take you seriously, its that your passing judgment on something that is easy to research. If you ask questions without the FUCK THIS attitude, youll get the responses you want faster :)

Fair enough, but I work 50+ hours a week and haven't been keeping up with tweaks/changes to the release. I downloaded it yesterday and jumped in, assuming that the new music was locked in. Now that it's settled that I can flip it to the original track, can we get back to bitching about the AWESOME online experience?

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Since we're speaking music, how was it that the original soundtrack was enabled by default for me from the very beginning? i have to actually go the vault to listen to the remixes.

ShaneB

bob_arctor said:
Since we're speaking music, how was it that the original soundtrack was enabled by default for me from the very beginning? i have to actually go the vault to listen to the remixes.

It's just the menu music remix that is on by default.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Superblatt said:
If this is the new attitude of Gaffers, I'm fucking out of here. At least have a comment and generate some type of adult-like response. Everyone in here is talking about the piss poor online performance. We all get it - IT SUCKS. I'm asking others if they feel that the craptastic UI and garbage rap char select screen music are just as bad in their eyes. If you have an opinion, it's welcomed. Otherwise, I know a couple other gaming forums that you might in fit better with.

As the poster who represents all Gaffers, I regret to inform you that your reasons for preferring one version over the other are ridiculous.

Any other great wallpapers out there besides this one?

street_fighter_3rd_strike_wallpaper.jpg

kitzkozan

Yoshichan said:
I wish I could become like Raging Spaniard... but this game brings out the deepest elitism in my body. I truly despise everyone who talks/tries playing 3s and started fighting with IV.

I should seek help.

WTF? :p

Anyway, we should enjoy the fact that people are going nuts watching players who are just good at the game. It is a spectacular game to watch, especially once you have these clutch parries coming out of nowhere. No 2 rounds can ever be played the same once people can reverse the momentum at any given moment.

How many game could actually say the same after 12 years? Super turbo surely, but it remains to be seen if Capcom ever inject money in that game again.

Vespa

GGs GAF <3 So many games went down to the wire, pleasure watching and playing you lot.

UK to USA just about holds up :D I didn't have my LAN cable plugged in so maybe next it will be smoother. Goodnight!

I really want to by this, but I'm am wondering if I would be able to give online gamers and you guys a worthwhile fight. I am above average at SF4 and SSF4, but some of the stuff I see online in this game sort of scares me. Maybe I am watching too many tournament videos or something. I might get it this weekend.

Just changed the Menu music to the Brazil theme.

Thank God I saw the option because the standard made me want to bash my head against the wall.

Yoshichan

Rhazer Fusion said:
I really want to by this, but I'm am wondering if I would be able to give online gamers and you guys a worthwhile fight. I am above average at SF4 and SSF4, but some of the stuff I see online in this game sort of scares me. Maybe I am watching too many tournament videos or something. I might get it this weekend.
Get it when it's on sale.

Yoshichan

Kadey said:
Where are all you PSN people at?
We unplugged our network cable until patch comes out.

STG

Yoshichan said:
We unplugged our network cable until patch comes out.
kinda, yeah

right now I only play arcade mode with the dipswitch for blocking off, that's the only "fun" I currently can get out of this game :I

so sad

Yoshichan

STG said:
kinda, yeah

right now I only play arcade mode with the dipswitch for blocking off, that's the only "fun" I currently can get out of this game :I

so sad
And I'm playing fucking versus against myself. I'm waiting on someone to show up... she was supposed to arrive 2 hours ago ._.

Playing it on PSN. It's been pretty fun, although the lag is basically killing any desire i have to parry. There's been a couple of times where I've run into a False KO situation that almost cost me the match.

edit: there already a patch coming? are there any notes for it?

STG

Yoshichan said:
And I'm playing fucking versus against myself.
Oh yeah I did that too! with my right hand I pushed low punch on player 2 and with my left hand I did a parry

over and over

I also won 2 rounds by only doing a taunt up close so that player 2 gets hit a tiny bit

takes forever!

ShaneB

Vespa said:
GGs GAF <3 So many games went down to the wire, pleasure watching and playing you lot.

UK to USA just about holds up :D I didn't have my LAN cable plugged in so maybe next it will be smoother. Goodnight!

Same to you!

GGs to everyone that was in the lobby this evening! Had a wonderful time in game and in chat.

Yoshichan

STG said:
takes forever!
Hey, at least we're still playing the game ... :/

El Sloth

Banned
GG's to everyone who played in the lobby today!

Shout outs especially to Vespa for controlling the lobby at one point with his Sean. How long was that win streak?

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
jman2050 said:
Don't you love it when you suck against your own character?

you mean generally or in a mirror match? i am horrible against other hugos. horrible. and i main that awesome bastard. something about planning against the same set-ups i'm attempting just breaks my brain.

edit: watching the stream, jman. yeah, your mak just got beat down there. like i said, same shit happens to me.

jman2050

bob_arctor said:
you mean generally or in a mirror match? i am horrible against other hugos. horrible. and i main that awesome bastard. something about planning against the same set-ups i'm attempting just breaks my brain.

edit: watching the stream, jman. yeah, your mak just got beat down there. like i said, same shit happens to me.

I'm a pretty bad player but god, playing against a competent Makoto in this game is frustrating.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
jman2050 said:
I'm a pretty bad player but god, playing against a competent Makoto in this game is frustrating.

it's true. she's like a demon nightmare clawing at your flesh that you can't ever get off you.

RyanDG

El Sloth said:
GG's to everyone who played in the lobby today!

Shout outs especially to Vespa for controlling the lobby at one point with his Sean. How long was that win streak?

Out of all the quick and dirty aspects of this port, this is actually the one thing that bothers me the most... Why don't they keep tabs of the win streaks in lobbies on the top of the screen?

jett

D-Member
_dementia said:
Lol. Friend makes a lobby with 3 private slots. We play a bunch. And then 4 random dudes come in. Sick netcode Capcom.

You should have set them all to private, I think.

Top Bottom