• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike Online Edition |OT| Let's fight like gentlemen!

RyanDG

Kadey said:

Man, I missed the Hugo vs Gill fight. Must've happened around when i bailed out last night. Good games everyone. It was fun and definitely a lot better than trying to get a match in via the current match making function.

RyanDG

SAB CA said:
Kadey VS Ryandg82: http://www.justin.tv/kadeybaybe/b/293559145

I must say, I smile, and yet, also feel demoralized at the end of this video, lol.

Is this what Mario VS Goombas would look like in 3S graphics? XD

I was having a problem keeping from laughing during this match because I couldn't figure out what the fuck was happening to me. :p

Edit - Also jesus I need to start following up on my juggle moves. My timing stinks right now.

zlatko

Banned
Zombie James said:
You jinxed him. Hope you feel happy about yourself.

No biggy. He's been on like 30+ win streaks yesterday, and close to that today. He's been fucking around most of the time and picking w/e character. Yesterday he bodied fools with Sean and Twelve, it was hilarious.

:p

PJX

I just completed the game with Hugo but my challenge won't up date to show that I did it. Also I put the timer down to 60 seconds but when I start an arcade game the timer still says 99 seconds. Is the timer only for online matches or is it for offline also?

360 version btw

RS4-

PJX said:
I just completed the game with Hugo but my challenge won't up date to show that I did it. Also I put the timer down to 60 seconds but when I start an arcade game the timer still says 99 seconds. Is the timer only for online matches or is it for offline also?

360 version btw

The options either don't work or maybe it only affects local player matches

PJX

RS4- said:
The options either don't work or maybe it only affects local player matches

But this was offline play. I beat the game with Hugo but under the Challenge menu, its not saying 100% complete.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
SAB CA said:
Kadey VS Ryandg82: http://www.justin.tv/kadeybaybe/b/293559145

I must say, I smile, and yet, also feel demoralized at the end of this video, lol.

Is this what Mario VS Goombas would look like in 3S graphics? XD

It's no different from me trolling in SFIV using Honda.

iD5kerpvYLpk1.gif

kitzkozan

zlatko said:
No biggy. He's been on like 30+ win streaks yesterday, and close to that today. He's been fucking around most of the time and picking w/e character. Yesterday he bodied fools with Sean and Twelve, it was hilarious.

:p

He's a parry machine compared to most SFIV players getting a hang of the game, but he's not great by any mean. :p Give it time and he's gonna be exposed for being a good 3rd strike player, nothing more. If that Necro player could parry as well as him for example...

Necro is so much more fun to play and watch than Dhalsim. :)

PJX said:
But this was offline play. I beat the game with Hugo but under the Challenge menu, its not saying 100% complete.

I got this too. I beat the game with Ken, but I don't think it logged it correctly that I did (it unlocked the colors correctly though).

zlatko

Banned
ThatCrazyGuy said:
I got this too. I beat the game with Ken, but I don't think it logged it correctly that I did (it unlocked the colors correctly though).

Was it confirmed the start + button colors are unlocked from arcade mode ?

PJX

ThatCrazyGuy said:

Anyway to fix it or do I have to do it again?

zlatko said:

Start is random character select in Arcade mode at least.

zlatko said:

I can check the box that says SI colors if that is what you are asking. They worked in training mode. I never went back to arcade mode to see if they work there.

I don't think it is logged correctly in the challenges though. I shall see when I beat it with everybody to get Gill.

RS4-

zlatko said:

Nope, you either get the 3s colors or the 2i ones; you choose by going to the DLC > my content menu (or something like that) and you choose which set of colors you want.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Kadey said:
It's no different from me trolling in SFIV using Honda.

iD5kerpvYLpk1.gif

WHY MUST YOU MAKE THE FLASHBACKSSSSS.. I HAD REPRESSED THOSE MEM--

*ahem*

You know, I never DID like Honda... ;)

At a con, I told people that the team I got stuck with (after a guy gave up his turn) in CVS2 was my "Trolling" team. (It was High Ratio Sagat, Blanka, and probably Honda...)

They had no idea what I meant. I wish I had that gif as reference!!

zlatko

Banned
RS4- said:
Nope, you either get the 3s colors or the 2i ones; you choose by going to the DLC > my content menu (or something like that) and you choose which set of colors you want.

It doesn't cost money though right? All the colors from the arcade version of the game are there ?

RS4-

zlatko said:
It doesn't cost money though right? All the colors from the arcade version of the game are there ?

Yeah doesn't cost a penny, you just have to beat it with that specific character to be able to select their colors. Not sure why Capcom did it that way rather than let you have access to all 13 colors instead of the ones from either game.

PJX

RS4- said:
Yeah doesn't cost a penny, you just have to beat it with that specific character to be able to select their colors. Not sure why Capcom did it that way rather than let you have access to all 13 colors instead of the ones from either game.

Its new age Capcom, they have to fuck it up somewhere.

zlatko

Banned
RS4- said:

Okay. So say I wanted Akumas 2nd set of colors. I would have to run through arcade mode, then go to the DLC options you mention, and find that thing, and then activate it so I have that set of colors instead of the stock ones? Does it have to be on a certain difficulty?

RS4-

zlatko said:
Okay. So say I wanted Akumas 2nd set of colors. I would have to run through arcade mode, then go to the DLC options you mention, and find that thing, and then activate it so I have that set of colors instead of the stock ones? Does it have to be on a certain difficulty?

I don't think the options even matter. I ended up getting the colors even when I tried to adjust the rounds to 1 instead of the default 3. But yeah, exactly like you said, beat game, go to menu, that's it.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Relearning Uriens tackle tackle headbutt after like..at least 5 years of not playing this game is proving tougher then i thought it would be.

El Sloth

Banned
Vespa said:
Just sent a Friend request, I'm not sure how good the connection will be from USA<>UK.
invite sent. Guys don't forget to add the GAF 3S GT so I don't have torture myself typing your names out on a arcade stick.

7 in the lobby now.

ShaneB

El Sloth said:
invite sent. Guys don't forget to add the GAF 3S GT so I don't have torture myself typing your names out on a arcade stick.

7 in the lobby now.

The gamertag is just GAF 3S ;)

Can't be stated enough how easy this makes inviting to lobbies. Add it!

Satyamdas

Banned
ShaneB said:
The gamertag is just GAF 3S ;)

Can't be stated enough how easy this makes inviting to lobbies. Add it!
g5Sty.jpg

"Say GAF 3S again! I dare you, I double dare you, muthafucka! Say GAF 3S one mo' goddamn time!"

PJX

RS4- said:
I don't think the options even matter. I ended up getting the colors even when I tried to adjust the rounds to 1 instead of the default 3. But yeah, exactly like you said, beat game, go to menu, that's it.

Normal options don't matter but Dip Switch needs to stay at default for everything. Learned that the hard way for Hugo and Q.

jett

D-Member
This piece of shit online mode is an affront against all that is good and right in the world. Most infuriating experience I've had this generation, period.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
jett said:
This piece of shit online mode is an affront against all that is good and right in the world. Most infuriating experience I've had this generation, period.

Anyone else just feel that the UI and character select music change are MAJOR issues? Sure, the core game seems fine - which I realize is what everyone really gives a shit about -- but something just seems off to me. I think I'm going to stick to my Dreamcast copy of 3S. Call me crazy, but it just feels better. And, considering the online mode is essentially broken, I'd MUCH rather play an arcade perfect port.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Superblatt said:
Anyone else just feel that the UI and character select music change are MAJOR issues? Sure, the core game seems fine - which I realize is what everyone really gives a shit about -- but something just seems off to me. I think I'm going to stick to my Dreamcast copy of 3S. Call me crazy, but it just feels better. And, considering the online mode is essentially broken, I'd MUCH rather play an arcade perfect port.

No. No one else feels this way.

jett said:
Player matches seem to be solid right now. I can live without the ranked stuff lol.

Edit: everyone in our room just went red lol wtf.

jett

D-Member
GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK SCAMCOM

Superblatt said:

The Dreamcast version isn't arcade perfect.

Top Bottom