• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike Online Edition |OT| Let's fight like gentlemen!

ManiacMX

Neo Member
I keep having Network issues online today. Whenever I accept a invite it prompts an error saying session is no longer available.

kitzkozan

Conceited said:
Dyne with dat 65 game win streak on PJS

That streak was fucking spectacular, I must admit. :) Still, it was a GGPO 3S player going against SFIV players over and over again. They never truly stood a chance against the crazy pressure, parrying and the damage. 3rd strike is a high damage game when you can land big combo.

zlatko

Banned
Shadow780 said:
qcf x 2 piano input three punches, I think.

It's basically the only way from what I read online, but for the life of me I cannot do it. My fat bastard fingers say no to pianoing. :(

Aurarian

Teknoman said:
So Real Arcade Pro VXSA vs SSFIV Tournament edition stick?

I can get a RAP for 139 vs the tourny at 189, but first i've gotta sell my SE fight stick and fighting stick 3...says the RAP uses Sanwa parts, so that seems like it might be a better deal than the tournament stick (equal quality, lower price)?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0041S9U8A/?tag=neogaf0e-20

vs

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0038KUNII/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Can't just mod your SE with Sanwa parts?

Gaspode_T

I've been having so many problems getting ranked matches to connect this morning but maybe it's for the better, I just got beat the worst so far by a Rank 7 Yun nekosomething (360), it was like I was watching an EVO stream but I was on the end of the ass whooping

I have a Hori arcade stick and I could swear it's causing me more trouble than good, it's very loose and kind of made for shmups as far as I can tell, I kind of prefer the tighter sticks for fighting games but I really don't want to buy another one.

I don't like the lobby system in Player Match so I would prefer to just take my chances in random Ranked Matches but it doesn't seem to be connecting to a ranked match without waiting for 5 or 10 mins...

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
SolarKnight said:
Is there a 360 lobby right now?
Dunno. Is Kadey running a PSN stream at the moment? I'm thinking of starting up one on the 360 to test out my capture hardware.

My upload bandwidth is a pathetic 1Mbps right now though, so it ain't gonna be a quality show.

XLant

Neo Member
Teknoman said:

I can get a RAP for 139 vs the tourny at 189, but first i've gotta sell my SE fight stick and fighting stick 3...says the RAP uses Sanwa parts, so that seems like it might be a better deal than the tournament stick (equal quality, lower price)?
Actually they both use Sanwa parts. If you're flexible on price consider your hands and which one should have the best feel for you.

The VXSA is longer with more space to the left but lighter weight overall. Also the button layout is noticeably different. If the empty space left of the stick won't throw you off you should be safe with your less expensive option.

Actually...Aurarian had a good suggestion. Modifying your arcade stick with new parts should save you even more money.

qcf x2

A couple inaccuracies I've found, correct me if I'm wrong here guys:

When you use XCOPY there's no vocal interpolation.

You can't call out Poison for Hugo's taunt (taunt + start), because of the start button

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
qcf x2 said:

You can't call out Poison for Hugo's taunt (taunt + start), because of the start button

i main both these guys and definitely no warbly fish voice for twelve using xcopy. oddly, i have yet to actually try hugo's poison taunt but i think someone mentioned here that it's doable but they switched the buttons like on the old xbox. i think.

Ferrio

Banned
qcf x2 said:

Up+taunt

qcf x2 said:

The input for the poison taunt is different

edit: beaten

zlatko

Banned
Dyne is on Jay's stream right now sparring against Valle and it's looking hella fraaaay for Dyne. Just scraping the floor with Valle.

Let's see if Alex can adjust. :p

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Teknoman said:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0041S9U8A/?tag=neogaf0e-20

vs

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0038KUNII/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Get the MLG TE stick for $152 using CROSSCOUNTER promo code.

Sixfortyfive

_dementia said:
The Tensta song :(

Peacefuljay has the right idea with the Infinite one
I haven't even really messed with the game options at all yet except to turn off filters.

Do I gotta unlock that shit to change it?

Sixfortyfive said:
I haven't even really messed with the game options at all yet except to turn off filters.

Do I gotta unlock that shit to change it?
yeah unfortunately. They're the 1st and 2nd songs in the vault

Aurarian

zlatko said:
Dyne is on Jay's stream right now sparring against Valle and it's looking hella fraaaay for Dyne. Just scraping the floor with Valle.

Let's see if Alex can adjust. :p

He was doing really good earlier; I think he got 27 wins in a row. His Dudley is awesome.

Aurarian

zlatko said:
He went up to 68 in a row earlier today. Fucking insane.
SHIEET. I stopped watching cause I went to play 3S with a friend. He had a couple of funny matches where he killed someone with his rose taunt.

Rlan

Am I the only one weirded out by the fact that Capcom have released a ton of fighting games on XBLA, but not one of them has a Leaderboard for most points during Arcade mode? I mean it seems like the most obvious inclusion, but it's never there.

Anyway, I'm trying to figure out if there is a way for me to determine "Sales" for the game with the Leaderboard stuff. There's online ranking, of course, but there is XP for every chaarcter. How is XP gained? is that just online, or do you gain XP via the Arcade mode, or is it part of the training system or something? Any help on this would be great :)

Sixfortyfive

Teknoman said:
Do you have to turn off ready to give someone else a chance in the lobby?
Don't think so. Pretty sure it just sends you to the back of the line when you lose, and the next person who is ready steps up to play.

Caj814

just played some matches at a friends place and over the course of a couple hours I felt my muscle memory for the game kick back in since I haven't played it seriously in 3 years. This was on a ps2 pad and I haven't used one in fighters since vanilla tekken 5. Felt good but my thumb feels like shit now lol.

d0c_zaius

_dementia said:

Sorry I was crabby.

You are correct, the decision to make the lobbys always max players is silly.

The way they make the music switching is also unclear. Some decisions are just o_0.

But the game is still amazing. I love how experience matters so much in 3s vs. other recent fighters.

Top Bottom