• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike Online Edition |OT| Let's fight like gentlemen!

here's my scrubby Ryu making a comeback. I'm a bit more aggressive than i should be and many mistakes were made in the match. Having not played this game for years means I'm relearning all the mind games associated with it, leaving me more vulnerable that i would like to be most of the time. Still, a win is a win.

http://youtu.be/7AOz06dRNi0

Man I played the most horrible and laggy match last night. It was sooooooooooo bad. Q was useless since I couldnt even charge. I even had enough time to write the guy a message mid match and still have over half health in 1 round. They need to patch Ranked so its by region.

Freedom = $1.05 said:
here's my scrubby Ryu making a comeback. I'm a bit more aggressive than i should be and many mistakes were made in the match. Having not played this game for years means I'm relearning all the mind games associated with it, leaving me more vulnerable that i would like to be most of the time. Still, a win is a win.

Very nice final round.

qcf x2

frogg609 said:
How do you perform Alex's 2nd combo? I don't see a way to get this to work.

Get in close. Charge down-back, then switch to back briefly as you hit medium kick, then tap forward + 2 kicks and immediately cancel into his super.

EteRnal_PAL said:
Very nice final round.

Thanks. By the third round i had kinda caught on to his style and used it against him. Ive never been good at crazy combos or anything flashy as i tend to forget most of that stuff in the heat of the moment. Ive always been really good at reading players, though : )

kissenger

Banned
Man, this is the worst, most thoughtless online matchmaking system I have ever encountered! Can't filter by region or connection, 8-man forced lobbies, long delays in returning lists of player matches, non-existent rank match system, no (useful) connection quality indicator in player match lists, stupid 'ready up' button which always stays on once you press it so that even if the host of an otherwise empty lobby goes AFK it still appears like he wants to play so then you have to go through all the character select bullshit before you find out he's AFK at which point you either have to fuck up your disconnect percentage (if it isn't already fucked up because of the bug) or play through the match like it's a training dummy and then leave.

Fuck! Now I know why people call them Crapcom. I'm getting sick of this shoddiness. Never buying another Capcom 2D fighter again until way after launch and I can see if it has a proper matchmaking system.

On the bright side, the core game is a work of art. Can't figure out how to anti-air for shit though. Very different from SFIV.

qcf x2

^ But when you play with people on your friends list who you know are in your region, it's glorious.

As for your AAs, who are you using?

I'm just listening to the remix themes for the first time. Switching to the new Necro & Sean BGs.

GrayFoxPL

lowhighkang_LHK said:
So how is the GGPO working for you guys?

Don't have the game yet - just wondering if it's creating a better online experience.

idqsJDWpOuv9N.gif

qcf x2 said:
^ But when you play with people on your friends list who you know are in your region, it's glorious.

As for your AAs, who are you using?

I'm just listening to the remix themes for the first time. Switching to the new Necro & Sean BGs.
This, Times a million. There's a GAF room for 3rd Strike on XBL, right?

TheOGB

Banned
Freedom = $1.05 said:

Pretty nice. Also led to this

EDIT: oh wait, this isn't the SSF4 thread

mbmonk

ShinobiFist said:
This, Times a million. There's a GAF room for 3rd Strike on XBL, right?

But isn't the GAF room normally filled with fairly high level players? If so I imagine they don't want low level players in there scrubbing up the room. Am I wrong?

qcf x2

mbmonk said:
But isn't the GAF room normally filled with fairly high level players?? If so I imagine they don't want low level players in there scrubbing up the room. Am I wrong?

For now, you're wrong*.

*I'm not in there yet.

But in all seriousness, you're wrong.

mbmonk said:
But isn't the GAF room normally filled with fairly high level players? If so I imagine they don't want low level players in there scrubbing up the room. Am I wrong?
Where‘s the lol smiley when I need it?

lupinko

Wait, so there is no way to get the arcade OST in this game? The default is the console AST, and the unlocks are only the Viklund remixes.

Gahhhh, I miss my OST. ;_;

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
jett said:
caca. liquid caca.
The disparity is bizarre. I finally tried ranked today and got 5 straight matches fairly quickly, without any glitching, and from green, yellow and red pings as well. The online has been great for me overall.

lupinko said:
Wait, so there is no way to get the arcade OST in this game? The default is the console AST, and the unlocks are only the Viklund remixes.

I was meaning to ask about that too...

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
mbmonk said:
Nah, not at all. I start rooms and do meta-tag invites and we all just rock. Haven't run across a godlike player yet though I'm sure they exist. I'm a solid Hugo/Twelve myself.

mbmonk

Lol. I guess I am wrong. I just came into SF4 late and on the PS3 it was only god like players who didn't want to play with a scrub like myself. Glad to hear the Xbox is different or at least at launch anyways.

yyr

lupinko said:
Wait, so there is no way to get the arcade OST in this game?

It doesn't appear so. But look on the bright side; if they wanted to really be jerks, they could have forced the remixed soundtrack on us. The console-version soundtrack at least closely resembles the arcade OST.

I did change the menu and player select back to the old console versions. It's not that I hate the new songs, but the new menu music in particular seems more repetitive to me for some reason... it was awesome the first 10 times but I got tired of it. Granted, it wouldn't be so bad if the wait for Ranked Matches wasn't so dreadfully long!...
...and, after giving up on those I started playing tournaments. I'm finding playing with Pro Tournament rules to be a lot of fun. If you haven't tried it yet, go for it...the wait is much shorter, the 2/3 matches rule is great, and it's fun to alternate playing and spectating IMO.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
mbmonk said:
Lol. I guess I am wrong. I just came into SF4 late and on the PS3 it was only god like players who didn't want to play with a scrub like myself. Glad to hear the Xbox is different or at least at launch it is :)
Well the PS3 lobby Kadey hosts seems to be a good mix of new and solid players with no sneering at anyone that I can tell from watching the stream. Just overall good fun.

mbmonk

bob_arctor said:
Well the lobby Kadey hosts seems to be a good mix of new and solid players with no sneering at anyone that I can tell from watching the stream. Just overall good fun.

I will check the stream out. Thank you.

Well I finally did it...after asking your guys opinions yesterday on fight sticks I chose the SF4 TE stick. Its my first one ever and im really excited! 150 well spent I hope.

giancarlo123x said:
Well I finally did it...after asking your guys opinions yesterday on fight sticks I chose the SF4 TE stick. Its my first one ever and im really excited! 150 well spent I hope.
great choice, you will have no regrets, if you are new to sticks remember it takes time to learn, you will get pissed, I still fuck up a lot after 3 months of using a stick.

qcf x2

lupinko said:

Ahh, OST. Three letters. You know what else is three letters?

D
L
C

:(

jett

D-Member
Fersis said:
Our matches were pretty good (Connection wise)

Oh yeah, those were good. I've had some good games here and there but most of the time it has been a very frustrating experience.

ScOULaris

I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere in the thread, but has anyone else had fairly regular freezing with this game? At least once a day I have to turn off my PS3 via the power button on the console because the game completely locks up. My brother had the same problem as well.

Top Bottom